Who's doctor Who?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2012, 10:07 PM
RE: Who's doctor Who?
Netflix is also recommending several episodes that look like they might be movies? They seem to run about an hour and a half. Are these stand alone shows or are they part of the overall continuity?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2012, 10:08 PM
(06-03-2012 10:07 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Netflix is also recommending several episodes that look like they might be movies? They seem to run about an hour and a half. Are these stand alone shows or are they part of the overall continuity?

Each episode is 45mins and there are some two-parters. Might be that they've just been rolled into one.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
06-03-2012, 10:12 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2012 10:43 PM by Erxomai.)
(06-03-2012 10:08 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(06-03-2012 10:07 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Netflix is also recommending several episodes that look like they might be movies? They seem to run about an hour and a half. Are these stand alone shows or are they part of the overall continuity?

Each episode is 45mins and there are some two-parters. Might be that they've just been rolled into one.

Oh, ok. That makes sense. They also have a 2009 date on them and since you suggest 2005 makes a good entry point, I'm sticking with that for starters.
(06-03-2012 10:05 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(06-03-2012 09:59 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I'll go first ***looks at Hughsie***

He's a Time Lord (I suppose that's a type of alien and he's english because...just because)

You'll have to keep watching to see if he does or not...Big Grin

Yeh, they were crap answers, I know

Accent gets referred to in Series 1 Episode 5 if memory serves me correctly. Get's referred to on a national level not an international one (by that I mean he gets asked why he has a Northern accent, not a English one).

Episode 1...Rose says, If you're an alien, why do you sound like you're from the north?
Doctor: Lots of planets have a North.

Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
06-03-2012, 11:13 PM
(06-03-2012 10:12 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Episode 1...Rose says, If you're an alien, why do you sound like you're from the north?

Big Grin

That's it. Gets repeated in Episode 5 or something. I'd forgotten it was in Episode 1 as well.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
07-03-2012, 12:51 AM
Spoilers!!

with her voice is the best line in the world XD

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
07-03-2012, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2012 08:46 PM by Erxomai.)
(06-03-2012 11:13 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(06-03-2012 10:12 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Episode 1...Rose says, If you're an alien, why do you sound like you're from the north?

Big Grin

That's it. Gets repeated in Episode 5 or something. I'd forgotten it was in Episode 1 as well.

Nice job, Hughsie. Episode 5, Rose explains to MP Harriet (Jones?) every planet has a north. Big Grin
Ok, I need clarification from you UKers...I suppose I could go to the Interwebs but I'd rather ask here...

Is it true that Britain does not have access codes to your own nukes? According to episode 5, the UN holds the access codes. Just fiction or is it true?

07-03-2012, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2012 09:00 PM by Hughsie.)
(07-03-2012 08:42 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Is it true that Britain does not have access codes to your own nukes? According to episode 5, the UN holds the access codes. Just fiction or is it true?

I'm pretty sure it's fiction. There wouldn't be any point having any if we couldn't access them and I've never heard that anywhere but that episode. As the whole episode is based round that point I think it's a bit of fiction that makes the episode work.
(07-03-2012 08:42 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(06-03-2012 11:13 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  That's it. Gets repeated in Episode 5 or something. I'd forgotten it was in Episode 1 as well.

Nice job, Hughsie. Episode 5, Rose explains to MP Harriet (Jones?) every planet has a north. Big Grin

I knew my Dr Who knowledge wouldn't let me down Big Grin.

PS. Yes, Harriet's surname is Jones.

Best
Worst
08-03-2012, 11:46 PM
And this is why I'm now addicted to Doctor Who:

[Image: rosetyler01.jpg]

08-03-2012, 11:49 PM
(08-03-2012 11:46 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  And this is why I'm now addicted to Doctor Who:

Haha, yeah she's hot. Enjoy it while it lasts though. When you get a few seasons further in and Catherine Tate plays the companion you'll be begging to have Billie Piper back. Don't despair though, after Catherine Tate you get Karen Gillan and she makes up for it, even makes up for the total lack of decent story lines by that point as well Big Grin.

Best
Worst
08-03-2012, 11:51 PM
(08-03-2012 11:49 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(08-03-2012 11:46 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  And this is why I'm now addicted to Doctor Who:

Haha, yeah she's hot. Enjoy it while it lasts though. When you get a few seasons further in and Catherine Tate plays the companion you'll be begging to have Billie Piper back. Don't despair though, after Catherine Tate you get Karen Gillan and she makes up for it, even makes up for the total lack of decent story lines by that point as well Big Grin.

NOOOOOOOOO! Say it ain't so!
I shall build my own TARDIS and go back in time to make her always be the companion!