Who's out of touch?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2015, 06:14 PM
RE: Who's out of touch?
(31-05-2015 06:07 PM)Sam Wrote:  I dunno man... I'm 24 and could probably name more bands than most people who lived through the 60's 70's and 80's.

Unfair advantage since you are a musician. Tongue

I can cover 50s through 80s pretty well...I may not know the group and the song title but I will probably know one or the other.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2015, 06:27 PM
I was getting ice cream a few weeks ago and Hot For Teacher came on. I said, to no one in particular, that I hadn't heard the song in a long time. The girl working the counter - who was younger than the t-shirt I was wearing - said she never heard it before and asked who it was by.

I said Van Halen.

She gave me a blank stare and said "who?".

Fuck, I am old.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
31-05-2015, 06:31 PM
Douglas Adams Wrote:Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
Anything that’s invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty- five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
Anything invented after you’re thirty-five is against the natural order of things.

Sometimes I feel like I was born 35.

I have not knowingly listened to an AC/DC ditty.

Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
31-05-2015, 06:35 PM
(31-05-2015 06:31 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
Douglas Adams Wrote:Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
Anything that’s invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty- five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
Anything invented after you’re thirty-five is against the natural order of things.

Sometimes I feel like I was born 35.

I have not knowingly listened to an AC/DC ditty.

Undecided

Pssss... Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
31-05-2015, 06:51 PM
(31-05-2015 04:00 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Who are the Buckinghams????

See??

At some point, the stuff you like, is the stuff the kids (usually yours) hates.....

And guess what kids???

It's gonna happen to you, too...

Big Grin

The Buckinghams are a noble English family. The Three Musketeers unwittingly rescued the Duke of Buckingham from that evil Cardinal Richilieu's men. Yes
You're welcome. Rolleyes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-06-2015, 09:29 AM
I understand that kids don't often listen to older music but to have never even heard of AC/DC?
Anyway this morning I asked her if she likes Zeppelin.
Her answer was "who?"
I said no not The Who, Led Zeppelin. She had no idea what I was talking about.
That's fucked.
I think I can forgive someone for not being aware of some bands but Zeppelin? That like not being aware of Shakespeare...
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
01-06-2015, 09:58 AM
"Hey Nineteen, that's 'Retha Franklin / She don't remember the Queen of Soul ..."
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
01-06-2015, 10:12 AM
(01-06-2015 09:29 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I understand that kids don't often listen to older music but to have never even heard of AC/DC?
Anyway this morning I asked her if she likes Zeppelin.
Her answer was "who?"
I said no not The Who, Led Zeppelin. She had no idea what I was talking about.
That's fucked.
I think I can forgive someone for not being aware of some bands but Zeppelin? That like not being aware of Shakespeare...

Mmmmmmnnnah ... that's more like not being aware of Herman Melville.

Now, if she doesn't know who tbe Beatles are/were ... yes, THAT is akin to being unaware of Shakespeare.

May seem a subtle difference but, there it is. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
01-06-2015, 10:16 AM
I've never heard of AC/DC, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, and a bunch of the bands you youngsters like. I listened to "music" from those three on the internet this a.m. so I wouldn't be so out of touch. It's great stuff if you enjoy jamming an ice pick in your ears.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
01-06-2015, 10:20 AM
(01-06-2015 10:16 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I've never heard of AC/DC, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, and a bunch of the bands you youngsters like. I listened to "music" from those three on the internet this a.m. so I wouldn't be so out of touch. It's great stuff if you enjoy jamming an ice pick in your ears.

This is how you feel about Zeppelin?
Burn the heretic!
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post