Who's out of touch?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2015, 04:34 PM
RE: Who's out of touch?
(01-06-2015 01:19 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 12:59 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I know a guy who didn't know about Queen and the Rolling Stones and only hardly had heard of the Beatles.
But even for AC/DC, I don't know how one can go his entire life without even having heard of them. I can only "forgive" people who don't live in the first world, people who don't own TVs and a radio and people who spend their entire lives in nightclubs (but fuck, even there you're bound to hear some weirdly remixed trance version of an AC/DC song).

It doesn't have to do with age. The internet makes it possible for anyone to find anything, if they are willing.

It's a funny thing about Queen and high school students. Ever since the 1980's every group of high school students seems to fall in love with Queen . My own kids loved Queen when they were in high school. I think it's because they are sooooo ultra dramatic and to the teenagers mind the world is full of constant, over the top drama......therefore......Queen.

The other band they like is Kiss. It's the makeup.

One year my daughter went to a Halloween party dressed as the Bride of Frankenstein with the white streaks in her hair. The other teenagers didn't have a clue who the Bride of Frankenstein was. I couldn't believe it but then I remembered that the movie was in black and white so it didn't exist for them. If my husband shows his students any kind of movie it HAS to be in color or they simply WON'T watch it.

I could never get into Queen. They had a few songs that I thought were ok but they just didn't do it for me. Kiss straight up sucks..
I love black and white movies though, always did.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2015, 08:44 PM
(01-06-2015 03:20 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  Well, you folks are way ahead of me. I learned who AC/DC was this morning.

But, you youngsters don't remember the days before television when we listened to the Lone Ranger and Arthur Godfrey on the radio. You also don't remember when all airplanes were propeller driven and people would stop whatever they were doing and look skyward when a jet came over. And, I'll bet I am the only one here who shook hands with Dwight D. Eisenhower BEFORE he became president. Laugh out load

Ah the good ol days! Back before the niggras got all uppity and women knew where the kitchen was!
02-06-2015, 09:11 AM
I remember the day my older sister bought the Styx Paradise album on 8 Track.

Oh, what a glorious day that was.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
02-06-2015, 09:29 AM
Queen. It's always been all about the music with them. They were really all over the map - they wrote & performed any genre. And beautiful Freddie - that most enigmatic of voices. He had complete command of any audience.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-06-2015, 09:31 AM
Queen is sacred.

Do not ever speak ill of Queen.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
02-06-2015, 09:57 AM
Dang. I have a ton of crap to do.
So ... here's 25 minutes of Queen live. Smile

Interesting to note ... the astrophysicist with the Newtonian hair still plays that little red guitar like a monster. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
02-06-2015, 10:51 AM
There are some things ... some people ... some music ... sometimes, I WANT to be out of touch.

Heart
Blush

02-06-2015, 12:49 PM
(01-06-2015 12:26 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  To them the world began when movies switched to color. Anything before that doesn't exist.

[Image: calvin-and-hobbes-dad-1.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
02-06-2015, 01:20 PM
(01-06-2015 12:26 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  To them the world began when movies switched to color. Anything before that doesn't exist.
Or according to one teacher I had, they never changed!

(He doesn't see colors at all.)
03-06-2015, 06:00 PM
(01-06-2015 03:20 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  ... you youngsters don't remember ... when all airplanes were propeller driven and people would stop whatever they were doing and look skyward when a jet came over ...

The 20 something who sold me my latest internet/telephone service was setting up the security question. I picked "Who was your childhood hero?" and told her "Charles Lindbergh". "How do you spell that?" she asked. "Do you know who he was?" I asked back. "Nope," she said. I wondered if she'd never heard of Neil Armstrong either, but I didn't ask her that.

AC/DC will become once again merely an electrical engineering term sooner than you think.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post