Who's out of touch?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: Who's out of touch?
(31-05-2015 03:56 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Today at lunch we were talking about music and one co worker mentioned that he is a huge AC/DC fan. Another co worker asked who that was. Everybody made fun of her a little and then I pulled out my phone and gave her a sample. Perhaps she heard the music before but didn't know what they were called. Nope. It was all new to her. She is in her late 20s (28 I believe). Is this common or does she live under a rock? I mean love 'em or hate 'em but to never even hear of them...? I'm astounded!
I have to add that this is the second time in about a year that I've talked to someone that never heard of AC/DC...

I am. I don't know a single television show that is currently on except for The Walking Dead. I didn't know who the Duggars were (glad of that) and I almost never know who any of the people on the covers of the magazines at the check out line are. How's that for being out of touch? LOL.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2015, 09:19 PM
I had never heard of the Duggars either. And, I wear that like a badge of honor.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
06-06-2015, 09:25 PM
(31-05-2015 03:56 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Today at lunch we were talking about music and one co worker mentioned that he is a huge AC/DC fan. Another co worker asked who that was. Everybody made fun of her a little and then I pulled out my phone and gave her a sample. Perhaps she heard the music before but didn't know what they were called. Nope. It was all new to her. She is in her late 20s (28 I believe). Is this common or does she live under a rock? I mean love 'em or hate 'em but to never even hear of them...? I'm astounded!
I have to add that this is the second time in about a year that I've talked to someone that never heard of AC/DC...

well, if you don't listen to that genre, and your peer group doesn't...and many people in their 20's might not know who they are...it's not that unusual. i wish i didn't know who they were. lol she's not missing anything. (sorry, no offense to all the ac/dc fans here) Tongue

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
06-06-2015, 11:00 PM
(06-06-2015 07:24 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  

I am. I don't know a single television show that is currently on except for The Walking Dead. I didn't know who the Duggars were (glad of that) and I almost never know who any of the people on the covers of the magazines at the check out line are. How's that for being out of touch? LOL.

There is one show that I watch on one of the big three networks and that's 'The Blacklist'...just cannot resist James Spader.

I watch 'Game of Thrones' and 'Best Ink'. Other than those three I have been out of the primetime TV loop since my husband went on day shift about nine years ago. Ya know, I don't really miss it.

The shows I do watch, I usually DVR for later.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
07-06-2015, 01:24 AM
(06-06-2015 07:24 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  

Only reason I've seen the Duggars is due to my patients watching it in their rooms and from Facebook posts. My only shows are Walking Dead and The Bachelor/ette - but I've missed the last few seasons of those, as well (the Bachelor is social for the women in my family - we all drink wine and either watch it together or text each other).

I never know what movies are playing in the theater either unless someone else is talking about it and I google it - I don't get the advertisements. I went years without cable and got accustomed to doing without. It does make football season tough, though. I mainly stick to Netflix and Amazon Prime if I'm going to watch something.

Everyone at work talks about House of Cards.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman