Who's ready for the war on Christmas BS?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2015, 09:19 AM
Who's ready for the war on Christmas BS?
Its way too early to start thinking about Christmas but in the last few days I've been seeing posts about "Put Christ back in Christmas". Oh, you mean a holiday Christians stole from the pagans? "Its not happy holidays, its merry Christmas..this is 'Murcia." What is wrong with saying happy holidays? Its not Christ-Mass either.

There is NO war on Christmas, only in the eyes of delusional religious people. No one is trying to take away Christmas or change it. Christmas has pretty much always been and continue to be a secular holiday. Today, its so commercialized anyways.

Christmas to me has always been a time of the year you get together with your family and put your differences aside and just be happy and share gifts or whatever. No religion has to be involved. Its also good for the economy as well, I dislike the traffic and mobbed stores..but its kind of fun in a way.

I'm just so not ready for this so called "war on Christmas" crap. You see some kind of sign in front of nearly every church. Last year, at the supermarket the salvation army was there trying to get money and handing out pamphlets about war on Christmas, I'm like seriously?

Well, I guess its time to get prepared on the inevitable.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like nerwin's post
12-10-2015, 09:48 AM
RE: Who's ready for the war on Christmas BS?
I'm not ready either. I think a couple stores around here already have stuff for sale, I swear it gets earlier every year. Is it just me or is it only the Christians that get their panties in a twist whenever someone says happy holidays?

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
[+] 2 users Like Worom's post
12-10-2015, 09:50 AM
I just tell them Merry Saturnalia and enjoy the puzzled expressions I get back in response. Orgy anyone?

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Octapulse's post
12-10-2015, 10:25 AM
(12-10-2015 09:48 AM)Worom Wrote:  I'm not ready either. I think a couple stores around here already have stuff for sale, I swear it gets earlier every year. Is it just me or is it only the Christians that get their panties in a twist whenever someone says happy holidays?

I was at Home Depot this weekend and they had every Christmas decorations imaginable available. I'm like..but..but..Halloween hasn't even happened yet!!

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
[+] 1 user Likes nerwin's post
12-10-2015, 10:37 AM
How about we start an actual war on christmas?

Go into hiding, create underground cells, arm ourselves to the teeth, make disturbing videos that are badly edited and go out on random acts of violence directed against christmas such as cuting down christmas trees, burning santa costumes, hunting red nosed deer, burning down malls and worshiping ancient Germanic gods whilest celebrating hanuka.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 5 users Like The Germans are coming's post
12-10-2015, 10:46 AM
(12-10-2015 09:48 AM)Worom Wrote:  I'm not ready either. I think a couple stores around here already have stuff for sale, I swear it gets earlier every year.
Yep. As far as I'm concerned, when it's the middle of October and stores have more Christmas stuff than Halloween stuff for sale, Christmas deserves a war against it.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like LostLocke's post
12-10-2015, 10:56 AM
[Image: SGULb61.jpg]

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
12-10-2015, 11:03 AM
Religious people have the worst victim complex, to them everything is somehow about war and persecution.

[Image: 004.sig]
[+] 2 users Like Aoi Magi's post
12-10-2015, 11:05 AM
I can't find anything in particular which gives conclusive evidence that Christians "stole" Christmas from the pagans. Is there a source for this claim?
12-10-2015, 11:06 AM
I live in a slightly more sane corner of the US, so we (more or less) don't have to deal with religious hysteria here.

Thank goodness!

You should move... Drinking Beverage

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.