Who's ready for the war on Christmas BS?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2015, 10:38 PM
RE: Who's ready for the war on Christmas BS?
(12-10-2015 09:19 AM)nerwin Wrote:  Its way too early to start thinking about Christmas but in the last few days I've been seeing posts about "Put Christ back in Christmas". Oh, you mean a holiday Christians stole from the pagans? "Its not happy holidays, its merry Christmas..this is 'Murcia." What is wrong with saying happy holidays? Its not Christ-Mass either.

There is NO war on Christmas, only in the eyes of delusional religious people. No one is trying to take away Christmas or change it. Christmas has pretty much always been and continue to be a secular holiday. Today, its so commercialized anyways.

Christmas to me has always been a time of the year you get together with your family and put your differences aside and just be happy and share gifts or whatever. No religion has to be involved. Its also good for the economy as well, I dislike the traffic and mobbed stores..but its kind of fun in a way.

I'm just so not ready for this so called "war on Christmas" crap. You see some kind of sign in front of nearly every church. Last year, at the supermarket the salvation army was there trying to get money and handing out pamphlets about war on Christmas, I'm like seriously?

Well, I guess its time to get prepared on the inevitable.
I'm ready! I was born ready!

Wait! You said Christmas, not Christians.

Never mind.

Sapere aude
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2015, 11:31 PM
I don't care about saying "Merry Christmas", or if someone says it to me. Just keep religious scenes off of our public land so that my taxes aren't going towards pushing superstition.

If that gives Christians heartburn, tough shit. We're a nation of laws, and they're not exempt.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
13-10-2015, 12:30 AM
I really wonder if they would still get made if you refused to say Merry but only said Happy Christmas... like you know, many English speaking NOT USA countries say with the same fever. A Christmas Story is initial strong motivator for the whole merry christmas thing anyway.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
13-10-2015, 01:23 AM
I don't think "merry: vs "happy" introduces fervor to it, myself. I think it's a matter of Fox News making a mountain out of a molehill every year here in America. Each year, around Christmastime, Fox news trumpets this or that case of a church having its nativity-scene removed from public property as if it's the end-times.

It's not a matter of verbiage, it's a matter of a certain slice of Christian/right-wing folk looking for butthurt. It's kinda like people who eat jalapeños instead of Greek salad -- for some odd reason, they cherish that burn.
13-10-2015, 01:52 AM
I just settle for dressing goth style to shop at the local Hobby Lobby.
[+] 1 user Likes jabeady's post
13-10-2015, 05:22 AM
(13-10-2015 01:52 AM)jabeady Wrote:  I just settle for dressing goth style to shop at the local Hobby Lobby.

Browsing is fine...

Don't buy anything though.....

Those people are assholes..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-10-2015, 08:30 AM
If they're obnoxious, simply quote Jeremiah 10:2: “Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen … for they cutteth a tree out of the forest … They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.”

Pulls the rug right out from under 'em.

Unless they're JW.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post