Who's the Brightest Forum Member?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2013, 01:30 PM
RE: Who's the Brightest Forum Member?
(22-09-2013 09:19 AM)JAH Wrote:  How does one politely say what a stupid thread.

Have you ever seen any of these people talk themselves out of a fight with a drunk in a bar.

Have you ever seen any of these people fix something vital with what they had on hand.

Have you ever seen any of these people woo a person they really wanted to have sex with.

What you have seen is musings on the internet. It can be an indication of intelligence of a sort it is not an indication of complete intelligence. It is rather like tests.

So we can't have some dumb (not so bright) threads?

Aaawwww! Mum!

All those questions (I think it's 3 questions. I would have added up the question marks but...) would make 3 good threads.

I'd be interested in hearing about our members' exploits in these matters.

For me, I was chatting up a girl in a bar when I was 18 and then her boyfriend came back from the bar, got angry and broke a bottle and lunged at me. I ducked and he caught his gf in her vitals.

Using just my immense charm and wit I managed to calm the guy down and proceeded then to fix his gf's wounds with absorbent beer mats (coasters) to soak up the blood, pool cues as splints, darts and shoe laces for stitching and cigarette butts for cauterising.

Any questions?

Cool

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2013, 01:48 PM
(22-09-2013 12:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-09-2013 11:43 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I think Gomer Pyle was a nice guy. Pleasent, good heart, the whole sha-bang. I wouldn't put him as a bright guy Smartass

Gomer Pyle is Forrest Gump. I work with this Cambodian dude, smart as shit electrical engineer, my age around 50 yo or so. A few of the rest of us was discussing whether it's better to be lucky or smart while he was working in another corner of the lab. He picked up on our conversation and interjected, "It's better to be lucky than smart. I should know. I was lucky to get my ass outta Pol Pot's killing fields alive." ... The subject has never been broached again. Lesson was learned.

I always get really annoyed when people talk about winning the lottery, in the same way. If they ask me, I always say, "I won the day I was born with my granny's and grampa's brain genes". Shuts em right up. There is no need for any of this hierarchical speculation. It's unnecessary, IMO. It's corny, but every one brings their own stuff here. And it's all good.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
22-09-2013, 04:43 PM
(22-09-2013 09:19 AM)JAH Wrote:  How does one politely say what a stupid thread.

I agree with you, but only because I'm bitter that no-one appears to have said me. Weeping

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
22-09-2013, 05:23 PM
DLJ, Please note my comment on question marks above. I do not believe your story but it is an excellent one. I have a friend who would approve of your ability to make shit up, I actually laughed. I must say I did not read the thread thoroughly but it seemed to me some were taking it seriously which prompted my post.

Hughsie, Do not worry. Being included is roughly akin to being elected senior class president in high school, how well did that work out for most of them.
22-09-2013, 05:32 PM
(22-09-2013 01:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  For me, I was chatting up a girl in a bar when I was 18 and then her boyfriend came back from the bar, got angry and broke a bottle and lunged at me. I ducked and he caught his gf in her vitals.

Using just my immense charm and wit I managed to calm the guy down and proceeded then to fix his gf's wounds with absorbent beer mats (coasters) to soak up the blood, pool cues as splints, darts and shoe laces for stitching and cigarette butts for cauterising.

Any questions?

Cool

Use this as your new sig, and put some shades on that dude that is your avatar. Only then will it be unbreakably badass.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
22-09-2013, 05:34 PM
(22-09-2013 05:23 PM)JAH Wrote:  DLJ, Please note my comment on question marks above. I do not believe your story but it is an excellent one. I have a friend who would approve of your ability to make shit up, I actually laughed. I must say I did not read the thread thoroughly but it seemed to me some were taking it seriously which prompted my post.

I doubt DLJ made it up...Tongue

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-09-2013, 12:26 AM
I&I

Just kidding, he's special in a different kind of way.

[Image: giphy.gif]
23-09-2013, 05:55 AM
(23-09-2013 12:26 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I&I

Just kidding, he's special in a different kind of way.

How 'special' a person is is pretty irrelevant...

To continue on with the I$I thing you made up for obviously no good fucking reason:
On the scale of brightness (as per a bulbs wattage), we have the hyper-intelligent group here (Buckey, DLJ, Chas and a dozen odd others) who are super bright and of course have massive wattage (say on average 100 watts).
And then there's people like me who are kinda bright but nothing special sitting in a mid-brightness kinda area with a mid-range wattage (on average lets go with 40-60 maybe 70 watts).
I$I on the other hand, is the dinky little 12 watt bulb that sits sits in a persons cupboard with all the empty light bulb boxes because it's too weak to be used as a light bulb but nobody can work up enough 'give-a-fuck' to actually throw away.
And then of course, there are the likes of Absols, Please Jewsus and their ilk who exist as the 2-5 watt bulbs that sit in the cupboard with the 12 watts, just further to the back where nobody really remembers they even exist unless they look for them.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
23-09-2013, 10:21 AM
(23-09-2013 05:55 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  And then of course, there are the likes of Absols, Please Jewsus and their ilk who exist as the 2-5 watt bulbs that sit in the cupboard with the 12 watts, just further to the back where nobody really remembers they even exist unless they look for them.

piece of shit woman, how dare use my name to shit on as if it doesnt belong exclusively to me, u r extremely shit that lives of evil pleasures, u r evil source alone

u dont mean anything piece of evil shit, but to reverse a fact that u alone have in mind and know how to use it for urself

like giving a picture that doesnt exist at all to delete the obvious picture i show daily here and explain, ur life is based on abusing our rights and absolute existence way of being real and free, while u hide as shit do to enjoy pretending what you enjoy knowing being never

looking for ...piece of shit who is daring typing his mind now believing that u r supported by jesus and his mac but u

when did u dare open ur mouth anywhere shitty, when ur iq dont justify that u might speak up about anything not even urself

when u dare use a shit thread that mean to profit from others to pretend being superior, to clearly point the inferiors urself, it says all about the shit source u r alone so ur end is done, u r finished ur judgment is clearly done
show me how jesus is gonna save u shitty from ending alone with ur pretense of existing that wont b able to make a word even to its own dirty sense of being
[+] 1 user Likes absols's post
23-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Free Thought's a chick?!?!?! Blink

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post