Who said this?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2016, 10:13 PM
RE: Who said this?
(06-12-2016 08:53 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 06:17 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Here is another one to make up for knowing the first two:

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers."

I'll guess an entertainer...a man...uhhh Frank Zappa? Or John Lennon?

Nah, wondering if I should give hints to these.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2016, 10:54 PM
(06-12-2016 10:13 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 08:53 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I'll guess an entertainer...a man...uhhh Frank Zappa? Or John Lennon?

Nah, wondering if I should give hints to these.

None required.

That's got Robert G. Ingersoll written all over it.

Smartass

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
06-12-2016, 10:59 PM
(06-12-2016 10:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 10:13 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Nah, wondering if I should give hints to these.

None required.

Smartass

Yes, thank you. Do you know the other one I posted? And now you can post one.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
06-12-2016, 11:16 PM
(06-12-2016 10:59 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 10:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  None required.

Smartass

Yes, thank you. Do you know the other one I posted? And now you can post one.

I just arrived at this thread ... read Girly's opener ... ooh, ooh, I know that one ... pick me, pick me ... damn! Beaten to it. So I went to the last one.

But yes, your "shadow on the moon" quote was also Robert Green Ingersoll quoting Megallan (maybe).

So talking of Full Circle, how about:

who Wrote:There is a vast immeasurable and impassable sea of ignorance between an uninformed opinion based solely on a wish and a prayer and an educated best-guess based on rational theories with plausible mechanisms of action informed by the evidence as presented by our current ability and technology to measure. The former is for children, the latter for adults. Chronological age notwithstanding.

06-12-2016, 11:50 PM
(06-12-2016 11:16 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 10:59 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Yes, thank you. Do you know the other one I posted? And now you can post one.

I just arrived at this thread ... read Girly's opener ... ooh, ooh, I know that one ... pick me, pick me ... damn! Beaten to it. So I went to the last one.

But yes, your "shadow on the moon" quote was also Robert Green Ingersoll quoting Megallan (maybe).

who Wrote:There is a vast immeasurable and impassable sea of ignorance between an uninformed opinion based solely on a wish and a prayer and an educated best-guess based on rational theories with plausible mechanisms of action informed by the evidence as presented by our current ability and technology to measure. The former is for children, the latter for adults. Chronological age notwithstanding.

Yes, but are you using the Internet or are you just Rainman?

----
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
07-12-2016, 12:00 AM
(06-12-2016 11:50 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 11:16 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I just arrived at this thread ... read Girly's opener ... ooh, ooh, I know that one ... pick me, pick me ... damn! Beaten to it. So I went to the last one.

Yes, but are you using the Internet or are you just Rainman?

[Image: game-of-thonres-tyrion-lannister-i-drink...things.jpg]

Smartass

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
07-12-2016, 02:07 PM
Most people live in a myth and grow violently angry if anyone dares to tell them the truth about themselves.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
19-12-2016, 11:20 AM
(07-12-2016 02:07 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Most people live in a myth and grow violently angry if anyone dares to tell them the truth about themselves.

I call your obscure quote and raise you, "Thinking begins only when we have come to know that reason, glorified for centuries, is the stiff-necked adversary of thought."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus