Who sang it best?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2016, 03:16 AM
Who sang it best?
I love how artists take previously released songs and put a new spin on them to appeal to a wider audience. But really, who sang it best?

Depeche Mode

Johnny Cash

Marilyn Manson

I'm most familiar with Marilyn Manson's cover, but the Johnny Cash version is quite appealing, too

Got any other comparisons of great songs covered by other artists? Post them up here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
14-01-2016, 04:22 AM
RE: Who sang it best?
I guess I have a soft spot for the original Depeche Mode version as I remember it being released back in 89. I love the way Johnny Cash emotes things so his version has that going for it. As for Marilyn's, I saw him do that live a few years ago and he is one hell of a showman so...it seems...I can't call this one. I like them all for different reasons.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post
14-01-2016, 04:25 AM
Cash. DP sounds dated. MM doesn't get a look in.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
14-01-2016, 04:48 AM
Can't choose. I think they all nailed it.
[+] 4 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
14-01-2016, 05:29 PM
Please don't burn me at the stake, but I've never been a Johnny cash fan. I sure do love both the Depeche Mode and MM versions Heart

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
14-01-2016, 05:30 PM
Love Jonny Cash, but for this I am a big fan of the original. Now the MM cover of Tainted Love, count me in, and yes mainly for goth girls Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Blessed_Cheesemaker's post
14-01-2016, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2016 06:03 PM by GirlyMan.)
We got a thread around somewhere about which is better the original or the cover seeded with a bunch of posts already. I'll look for it.

Oh, and Cash. Dude knew he was checking out when he recorded it. As did Bowie.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-01-2016, 05:54 PM
I like all three...almost equally...but Manson is a favorite of mine, so if I have to pick a favorite that would be the one.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-01-2016, 05:57 PM
(14-01-2016 05:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Oh, and Cash. Dude knew he was checking out when he recorded it.

That is why I get a little teary when I listen to his version of Hurt.
[+] 2 users Like Blessed_Cheesemaker's post
14-01-2016, 07:04 PM
Roberta flack - The first time ever I saw your face.

I dont watch tv but (embarrassingly) I do watch shit factor auditions and this is a good cover from a few years back...

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.