Who should I interview?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2013, 08:01 AM
Who should I interview?
Any general tips on interviewing/hiring please? I'm in my first day job in 20 years with about 200 CVs to look through for an assistant.

It's an IT job, what I need really is a capable admin who can answer questions and fix simple stuff so that I can get on with coding.

First off, I'm inclined to throw out all the obvious cut & paste cover letters, the ones who obviously didn't read the ad properly, and the massively over-qualified people.

Am I off to a decent start?

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2013, 08:38 AM
RE: Who should I interview?
(15-07-2013 08:01 AM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  Any general tips on interviewing/hiring please? I'm in my first day job in 20 years with about 200 CVs to look through for an assistant.

It's an IT job, what I need really is a capable admin who can answer questions and fix simple stuff so that I can get on with coding.

First off, I'm inclined to throw out all the obvious cut & paste cover letters, the ones who obviously didn't read the ad properly, and the massively over-qualified people.

Am I off to a decent start?

If it were me, I'd rule out all the dudes. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
15-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Single parent desperately looking for work.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
15-07-2013, 10:01 AM
(15-07-2013 09:51 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Single parent desperately looking for work.

I like it, though I'm not sure there are many in the UAE, at least not with their kids.

Extramarital sex can mean a jail sentence here, divorced locals seem to be taken care of by the government and divorced expats just have to leave.

Will keep an eye out for one anyway.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
15-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Hire me.

[Image: opforum1.png]
15-07-2013, 02:37 PM
(15-07-2013 10:40 AM)frankiej Wrote:  Hire me.

S'gotta be someone who's already in the area, sorry Frankie.

I guess I just have to take a gamble on somebody. I've only ever hired musicians before and we don't do CVs and interviews as such, so this is a whole new ball game for me.