Who should I love?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2016, 10:37 PM
RE: Who should I love?
I have the same issue. Can't exactly just tell my family I don't love them, so I just roll with it. I don't feel bad though. 's just how it is. Tongue

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
16-05-2016, 04:22 PM
I'm so confused.

What is love?

Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

☆☆☆
16-05-2016, 05:49 PM
(15-05-2016 04:39 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I don't think I'm good at loving family. I love my friends, though. I love my mom. Other people, I like and care about, but I would feel dishonest if I said that I love them. I feel really bad about that. For years, I've been having a hard time telling my dad "I love you" and I know that has made him unhappy. Unsure

There's a world of difference between the words and the feelings. Don't sweat the words. There are better ways to express yourself.

Speaking as somebody with an interesting family, family can be tricky. The love isn't always obvious until it comes looking for you. I've hated some of my family but I love all of them.

(16-05-2016 04:22 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I'm so confused.

What is love?

It is the feeling that even though you might hate everything that they do and say you would still hug them if they were crying.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
16-05-2016, 06:09 PM
(16-05-2016 05:49 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(15-05-2016 04:39 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I don't think I'm good at loving family. I love my friends, though. I love my mom. Other people, I like and care about, but I would feel dishonest if I said that I love them. I feel really bad about that. For years, I've been having a hard time telling my dad "I love you" and I know that has made him unhappy. Unsure

There's a world of difference between the words and the feelings. Don't sweat the words. There are better ways to express yourself.

Speaking as somebody with an interesting family, family can be tricky. The love isn't always obvious until it comes looking for you. I've hated some of my family but I love all of them.

(16-05-2016 04:22 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I'm so confused.

What is love?

It is the feeling that even though you might hate everything that they do and say you would still hug them if they were crying.

What's the rush ? When you find it, it will feel right, and you will know.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Who "should" you love? Lots of people, especially family, think you should love them. If you don't think you have it in you, pause and reflect. If someone attacked one of your family members, what would you do?. I don't expect an answer here, I think that you only need to answer that for yourself. A little introspection to determine who you really are, and reasons why you should love yourself is in order. I had all kinds of internal conflict, on how imperfect I was, based on the Bible and what I heard at church. You have the internet and people like us to turn to and ask questions of when you want to know. People who will present information instead of an ultimatum about what you are or how you should act. I envy you. My doubts had no outlet, and had to be kept inside, for decades. You have a chance to escape that, with the internet, where not every authority figure tries to pour shit down your throat, that you'd better believe, or else.

Even though I felt slightly (well, a lot) dirty when I acknowledged to myself that I was an atheist, I came to terms with it by surfing the net, and finding out that it wasn't some "defect" in my personality or moral character. Pretty damned freeing, to be sure! Plus, I got to stop judging myself against a horrible, horrible book, which should never have been used by anyone in the first place.

Lots of words, more than I usually write, for sure. HTH
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post