Poll: Have I taken hbl to the woodshed?
yes
no
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Who thinks I have taken hbl to the woodshed?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2014, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2014 05:39 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Who thinks I have taken hbl to the woodshed?
(18-08-2014 02:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No... no, I don't. But that's neither here nor there, I suppose.

Now that I'm not admin anymore, I suppose I can speak more freely about certain topics.

So, yeah... if you really want to know what I think, click the spoiler. If not, carry on.

GWG, I want to preface this by saying that what I'm about to say is in no way indictative of how I feel about you (or the others that actively engaged hbl) as a poster... that is plainly stated by the rep that I give out. I'm addressing a behavior.

Hbl took you and everyone else out back to the woodshed, beat the ever-living crap out of you and then nuked the POS while then pissing out the flames of your ashes.

Why?

Because, the debate was never about enlightenment or learning. If it was, then yes, GWG, you "won". It was about trolling... and how long he could string each of you along. He was an amazing success because he managed to keep you fighting him until his banishment. He was forced out of the conversation thus making him de facto winner... well... in regards to the "point" behind the argument.

This was his end-game. You handed him victory and played right into his ruse. I just don't get how this behavior (troll feeding) can be so prevelant in 2014.

True debate... true argument... should be about enlightenment and the seeking of a truth... or a personal solace... or a personal contentment in how you view life.

[Yoda] Not this crude matter.[/Yoda]

Crude matter being trolling and troll feeding for your own vanity.

My suspicions in your actions were unfortunately confirmed by your posting of this topic. While your engagment with hbl may have at one time been for enlightenment, it ultimately ended up as a marionette for your own vanity.

Arguing/debating for your own vanity is on par with trolling. It is a selfish behavior that halts the progression of enlightenment. Moreover, it's detrimental and hurtful to the community. It constantly mucks up the forum with asininity, it encourages the troll to troll harder and longer, and it creates unneeded drama and stress on the forum team.

The latter point is near and dear to my heart because of my past. You would not believe the amount of bitching a single troll can create and the headache (lolpun) it creates for an admin and/or mod.

Everyone reading this, please reconsider feeding trolls when you wish to engage in debates. Always consider the other side when you type out a response and what that person is trying to do. If they are like you... trying to reach an enlightenment... by all means, argue and debate to your heart's content; however, if they are just trolling, please let them starve. It is proven scientific fact that starving trolls is the best way to deal with them.

In closing, GWG, I hope I didn't offend you or you feel singled out... not my intent... again, I just wanted to highlight some behavior and hopefully remedy it in the future.

Which assumes anyone was addressing hbl, (which we long ago said we weren't). His party- line was pretty usual, and the majority of the traffic on TTA is/are guests who have to deal with th estuff he/they spout. That's why we bother. It has nothing to do with the actual troll. As I told hbl, he provided a service to non-belief.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-08-2014, 04:52 PM
(18-08-2014 03:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Which assumes anyone was addressing hbl, (which we long ago said we weren't). His party line was pretty usual, and the majority of the triffic on TTA is/are guests who have to deal with th estuff he/they spout. That's why we bother. It has nothing to do with the actual troll. As I told hbl, he provided a service to non-belief.

Agreed.

We all know that there's nothing gonna get through to people like that, who's minds are shut tight like a steel trap. (Well, we should know.) The arguments and counter-arguments are more for the benefit of the audience. And even though hbl came across crude and debase, (I'm sure his type makes many Christians cringe and want to distance themselves far from him), he did give us fodder for discussion/debate.

So, to the OP question - No. Neither you or any of us took him to the woodshed. Why? Because not one iota of what you or any of us said got through to him. The audience are the ones who benefit from such discussions, not the individual posters.

At the least, it has good entertainment value. Smile

All said, it is a good thing to FEED THE TROLLS!!! Thumbsup
18-08-2014, 04:59 PM
(18-08-2014 04:52 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(18-08-2014 03:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Which assumes anyone was addressing hbl, (which we long ago said we weren't). His party line was pretty usual, and the majority of the triffic on TTA is/are guests who have to deal with th estuff he/they spout. That's why we bother. It has nothing to do with the actual troll. As I told hbl, he provided a service to non-belief.

Agreed.

We all know that there's nothing gonna get through to people like that, who's minds are shut tight like a steel trap. (Well, we should know.) The arguments and counter-arguments are more for the benefit of the audience. And even though hbl came across crude and debase, (I'm sure his type makes many Christians cringe and want to distance themselves far from him), he did give us fodder for discussion/debate.

So, to the OP question - No. Neither you or any of us took him to the woodshed. Why? Because not one iota of what you or any of us said got through to him. The audience are the ones who benefit from such discussions, not the individual posters.

At the least, it has good entertainment value. Smile

All said, it is a good thing to FEED THE TROLLS!!! Thumbsup

Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
18-08-2014, 05:07 PM
The wonderful visitors like hbl cannnot hear what anyone here says because they are of the mind that if they spout their nonsense often enough it will become true for one and all. This is usually done by trying to scare us with hell and sticking their fingers in their ears screaming - lalalalalalallalalalallalalalalalla-I can't hear you!

This particular breed of troll just repeats and repeats and repeats and then gets in trouble for spamming. That and I am pretty sure the other thing that gets them banned is sock puppet behavior. They don't give up - they just come back - resurrected, as it were.

As soon as hbl started with the 'uncreated creator' mantra, I knew we had seen this nitwit before. And I doubt it's the last time.

He didn't even react when I called him savedwheat - no denial. Sock puppetry at it's most dull.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-08-2014, 05:08 PM
(18-08-2014 02:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No... no, I don't. But that's neither here nor there, I suppose.

Now that I'm not admin anymore, I suppose I can speak more freely about certain topics.

So, yeah... if you really want to know what I think, click the spoiler. If not, carry on.

GWG, I want to preface this by saying that what I'm about to say is in no way indictative of how I feel about you (or the others that actively engaged hbl) as a poster... that is plainly stated by the rep that I give out. I'm addressing a behavior.

Hbl took you and everyone else out back to the woodshed, beat the ever-living crap out of you and then nuked the POS while then pissing out the flames of your ashes.

Why?

Because, the debate was never about enlightenment or learning. If it was, then yes, GWG, you "won". It was about trolling... and how long he could string each of you along. He was an amazing success because he managed to keep you fighting him until his banishment. He was forced out of the conversation thus making him de facto winner... well... in regards to the "point" behind the argument.

This was his end-game. You handed him victory and played right into his ruse. I just don't get how this behavior (troll feeding) can be so prevelant in 2014.

True debate... true argument... should be about enlightenment and the seeking of a truth... or a personal solace... or a personal contentment in how you view life.

[Yoda] Not this crude matter.[/Yoda]

Crude matter being trolling and troll feeding for your own vanity.

My suspicions in your actions were unfortunately confirmed by your posting of this topic. While your engagment with hbl may have at one time been for enlightenment, it ultimately ended up as a marionette for your own vanity.

Arguing/debating for your own vanity is on par with trolling. It is a selfish behavior that halts the progression of enlightenment. Moreover, it's detrimental and hurtful to the community. It constantly mucks up the forum with asininity, it encourages the troll to troll harder and longer, and it creates unneeded drama and stress on the forum team.

The latter point is near and dear to my heart because of my past. You would not believe the amount of bitching a single troll can create and the headache (lolpun) it creates for an admin and/or mod.

Everyone reading this, please reconsider feeding trolls when you wish to engage in debates. Always consider the other side when you type out a response and what that person is trying to do. If they are like you... trying to reach an enlightenment... by all means, argue and debate to your heart's content; however, if they are just trolling, please let them starve. It is proven scientific fact that starving trolls is the best way to deal with them.

In closing, GWG, I hope I didn't offend you or you feel singled out... not my intent... again, I just wanted to highlight some behavior and hopefully remedy it in the future.

Which is precisely why these dolts need to be banned as soon as they have shown their true colors. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user