Who trusts his observations and logic more than of any other sources?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2016, 08:43 AM
RE: Who trusts his observations and logic more than of any other sources?
(24-07-2016 08:41 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(24-07-2016 07:56 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  It seems to me that your premise is faulty. Like DLJ said a non-sequitur line of thinking.

Trying to interject a god because our human “intellectual powers” have limits is another “God of the Gaps” argument.

If anything the fact that our intellect has limits argues for no god, or for an imperfect god, or for a sloppy god. Drinking Beverage

Sorry, did I ever say my intellectual powers have limits?

But I also understand that every man is free to believe that his intellect has limits to have more time for other things to do Wink

What about you?
Do you think you are not given all you need to get the logical useful answers, based on your logic, of ALL important questions, concerning your own existence in the least?
Many like believing that to get some of them, if not all, they need help from a few special humans too (much like the prophets for theists).

Kerim

Blink

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
24-07-2016, 08:56 AM
(24-07-2016 08:43 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Blink

My thoughts exactly. Facepalm

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
24-07-2016, 09:01 AM
(24-07-2016 07:46 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Evidence is required.

First, thank you for replying.
Now, I look for your help to let me understand the 'sacred' word here... "Evidence".

For example, could you give me an evidence of one professional criminal brain who did plan (not commit) a silly crime to help his enemies getting unlimited legitimate powers and incomes to run after him to the end of time? Thank you.

For instance, such evidence could be easily found in many stories made for Hollywood movies and series.

Kerim

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
24-07-2016, 09:05 AM
(24-07-2016 08:56 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(24-07-2016 08:43 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Blink

My thoughts exactly. Facepalm

And thank you both for confirming what I already said about relativity Tongue

Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
24-07-2016, 09:16 AM
(24-07-2016 07:42 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(24-07-2016 07:25 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Many here were kind to show me indirectly that they are not used to discuss any crucial subject if they have to use their personal logical reasoning only.

Logic and reasoning are critically important in reaching conclusions but they are only as good as the premises that they start from. Any conclusion you reach through your "personal logical reasoning only" can't be assigned a truth value until you first evaluate the quality of the evidence on which that conclusion is based.

If the quality of your evidence is poor then the reliability of your conclusions is low no matter how good the logical reasoning employed is.

I started liking the sacred word... "Evidence".

May I ask how one can provide an evidence?

Please don't tell me I can get it from my electrical audio/video monitor No
Otherwise, some well-prepared scenes could be seen as solid evidences about something that their producers/directors want me to believe.

Kerim

24-07-2016, 09:25 AM
(24-07-2016 09:01 AM)KerimF Wrote:  For instance, such evidence could be easily found in many stories made for Hollywood movies and series.

Kerim

Hollywood fiction is not "evidence".
So, besides "logic", perhaps you should learn the definition of "evidence".
Hint: It's not "sacred".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-07-2016, 09:25 AM
At work.

KerimF? Are you sure that you are using the right words?

I am having a very hard time trying to understand what it is you are putting forwards/posting.
24-07-2016, 09:55 AM
(24-07-2016 09:01 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(24-07-2016 07:46 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Evidence is required.

First, thank you for replying.
Now, I look for your help to let me understand the 'sacred' word here... "Evidence".

For example, could you give me an evidence of one professional criminal brain who did plan (not commit) a silly crime to help his enemies getting unlimited legitimate powers and incomes to run after him to the end of time? Thank you.

For instance, such evidence could be easily found in many stories made for Hollywood movies and series.

Kerim

Wtf?

I'm having trouble following your ideas. Are you saying that if we come to the conclusion that something is a true statement only using our logic without any evidence to support our conclusion it should be accepted as such?

Quote:Sorry, did I ever say my intellectual powers have limits?

They most certainly do, whether you said it or not.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
24-07-2016, 10:03 AM
(24-07-2016 08:13 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(24-07-2016 07:25 AM)KerimF Wrote:  They ask me, as formal theists do, to support any new idea, I may reveal, by quoting related verses from the modern bible... the international media.

Where did anyone ask you to quote the "international media"?
I will give you two examples:
Quote:We are still waiting for your supporting evidence
Quote:Provide evidence, JUST FOR FUCKING ONE OF YOUR SILLY ASSERTIONS
Is there the word "media"? I cant see it, do you?

...and you still refuse to provide anything supporting your delusional worldview.

If you think you can throw around baseless assertions, then present a silly "logic" by which you dont have to provide anything supporting your assertions, then you must really have a low opinion of your audience or be very much deluded. By your own logic, i could throw out other baseless assertions as well, discarding your nonsense completely? So, who is right?

How do you find out who or what is right and not. What methodology do you have? Thats the only relevant topic here.

What we have here is not a super sceptical thinker who trusts his personal obsevations and "logic" (we already had a taste of your so called "logic" Facepalm ) and tries to be free from any "propaganda". What we indeed do have is someone who has constructed a little delusion for himself where he can make any outlandish claim he wants, and if asked to support it with anything (no "media", just anything) can dismiss anyone by the made up rules of his own. In other words: We have just another run of the mill conspiracy nut.

Good luck with your fantasy. Looks like it served you long enough to be able to cope with the harsh reality around you (which, ironically and sadly as i pointed out long ago) has absolutely nothing to do with what you believe it to be.

P.S.: Feel free to use the search function and look where i used the word media in my reply, asking you for evidence.

It seems to me that, for many people (theists and Atheists), searching the internet can give the satisfaction of getting solid evidences.
Sorry... I personally don't believe easily what I see and hear even if it happens in front of me. So you can imagine to which extent I believe an evidence shown or heard on my electrical monitor on which anything could be displayed as being real and true Wink

My evidences are the resulting fruits observed in my daily life generated by all events claimed being natural or else.

For example, Al-Qaeda and the US System have both ONE CLEAR GOAL in Syria. I personally heard it many times from Obama (as you all did) and from those who came from Chechnya and took my small land.
So every time I hear, Al-Qaeda is anti-USA, I know it is just a joke of many others in the series "War on Terror"

I mean, do you think now there could be any evidence in the world that lets me believe the inverse of this truth though billions of people, not just you, don't agree with me?

Kerim

24-07-2016, 10:09 AM
(24-07-2016 08:13 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(24-07-2016 07:25 AM)KerimF Wrote:  They ask me, as formal theists do, to support any new idea, I may reveal, by quoting related verses from the modern bible... the international media.

Where did anyone ask you to quote the "international media"?
I will give you two examples:
Quote:We are still waiting for your supporting evidence
Quote:Provide evidence, JUST FOR FUCKING ONE OF YOUR SILLY ASSERTIONS
Is there the word "media"? I cant see it, do you?

...and you still refuse to provide anything supporting your delusional worldview.

If you think you can throw around baseless assertions, then present a silly "logic" by which you dont have to provide anything supporting your assertions, then you must really have a low opinion of your audience or be very much deluded. By your own logic, i could throw out other baseless assertions as well, discarding your nonsense completely? So, who is right?

How do you find out who or what is right and not. What methodology do you have? Thats the only relevant topic here.

What we have here is not a super sceptical thinker who trusts his personal obsevations and "logic" (we already had a taste of your so called "logic" Facepalm ) and tries to be free from any "propaganda". What we indeed do have is someone who has constructed a little delusion for himself where he can make any outlandish claim he wants, and if asked to support it with anything (no "media", just anything) can dismiss anyone by the made up rules of his own. In other words: We have just another run of the mill conspiracy nut.

Good luck with your fantasy. Looks like it served you long enough to be able to cope with the harsh reality around you (which, ironically and sadly as i pointed out long ago) has absolutely nothing to do with what you believe it to be.

P.S.: Feel free to use the search function and look where i used the word media in my reply, asking you for evidence.

It seems to me that, for many people (theists and Atheists), searching the internet can give the satisfaction of getting solid evidences.
Sorry... I personally don't believe easily what I see and hear even if it happens in front of me. So you can imagine to which extent I believe an evidence shown or heard on my electrical monitor on which anything could be displayed as being real and true Wink

My evidences are the resulting fruits observed in my daily life generated by all events claimed being natural or else.

For example, Al-Qaeda and the US System have both ONE CLEAR GOAL in Syria. I personally heard it many times from Obama (as you all did) and from those who came from Chechnya and took my small land.
So every time I hear, Al-Qaeda is anti-USA, I know it is just a joke of many others in the series "War on Terror"

I mean, do you think now there could be any evidence in the world that lets me believe the inverse of this truth though billions of people, not just you, don't agree with me?

Kerim