Who trusts his observations and logic more than of any other sources?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2016, 12:43 PM
RE: Who trusts his observations and logic more than of any other sources?
(24-07-2016 12:03 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(24-07-2016 11:08 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Consider

I am wondering if I must post things such as,

"KerimF is a drongo."

To actually receive a reply.

Consider

P, the thing is even if he did reply to you it would still be gibberish and no closer to correcting the problem.

You are right.
After all, how should I respond after hearing innovative jokes?!

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2016, 12:48 PM
(24-07-2016 10:42 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

KerimF? You are not using the language properly.

How many more times must we point this out to you?

Sorry but you keep repeating the same words as I do by repeating the same language that you don't like.

It seems we both are satisfied the way we write Big Grin

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
24-07-2016, 12:57 PM
Thread Moved

This is more a philosophical discussion than a "I'm new to the forum -- welcome me" thread.

Not sure why it wasn't earlier moved since the intro section isn't a place for deep involved discussions.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-07-2016, 02:50 PM
(24-07-2016 12:32 PM)KerimF Wrote:  
(24-07-2016 09:25 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

KerimF? Are you sure that you are using the right words?

I am having a very hard time trying to understand what it is you are putting forwards/posting.

Sorry, me too, I have no idea what you are talking about Huh

Blink

(24-07-2016 12:48 PM)KerimF Wrote:  Sorry but you keep repeating the same words as I do by repeating the same language that you don't like.

It seems we both are satisfied the way we write Big Grin

Facepalm

Okay.

Once more from the top.

I remember yourself (KerimF) stating that English is not your first language.

Myself, to whom English is my first language, is/are saying to you (KerimF) that you are doing it wrong.

Now.. I am simply trying to get to a point of understanding as to why you keep posting words to which you seem to actually have no understanding about their use.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
24-07-2016, 03:08 PM
(24-07-2016 12:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Thread Moved

This is more a philosophical discussion than a "I'm new to the forum -- welcome me" thread.

Not sure why it wasn't earlier moved since the intro section isn't a place for deep involved discussions.

Wait...this was a deep, involved discussion? Gasp

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
24-07-2016, 03:19 PM
(24-07-2016 03:08 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(24-07-2016 12:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Thread Moved

Wait...this was a deep, involved discussion? Gasp

Should have been moved to the Conspiracy Theories thread, as it's all about the USA as the Great Satan behind WWI, WWII, 9-11, etc.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
24-07-2016, 03:25 PM
(24-07-2016 09:01 AM)KerimF Wrote:  For example, could you give me an evidence of one professional criminal brain who did plan (not commit) a silly crime to help his enemies getting unlimited legitimate powers and incomes to run after him to the end of time? [...]

I must be having one of my "senior moments"... I have no idea what this means. Confused

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
24-07-2016, 03:32 PM
(24-07-2016 07:25 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Who trusts his observations and logic more than of any other sources?

I am nothing more than a 'brain-in-a-vat'. That would mean that all "observations and logic" are sourced from me. Do I trust it?

I know that if I stand in front of an 18-wheeler at speed on the freeway, I will die. I trust this information as being 'accurate' for the sake of day to day life. On the other hand, Is that really an 18-wheeler? I am only aware of the information that my brain 'feeds' me.

Do the rest of you even exist? Or is all of reality just me?

I accept what I consider logical from past and present experience and observation, including 'outside' sources, but I cannot put a preference of trust at either end of the spectrum. So my answer must be no, as I do not really "trust" any source, I only accept.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
26-07-2016, 11:02 AM
If I cannot trust myself fully, the “I” doesn’t exist fully as well.

This statement presupposes the primacy of consciousness view. It is saying that the existence of a person depends on some conscious activity performed by that person, trusting. But existence has primacy. We exist and are what we are regardless of any conscious activity such as trusting. My senses are my means of awareness and they act automatically to bring me awareness of things in their range. There's nothing I need do to validate them or prove their effectiveness. Their purpose is to make me aware of objects and if I'm aware of objects then they are working just fine and I can trust them.

Do I trust logic? Yes I trust logic as a tool of reasoning to identify facts and then to validate them and thus to have knowledge. Are there other people who are smarter and better informed than me? Yes plenty. I still have to validate what they tell me, if it is possible and to do that I have to use my own senses and reason.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
26-07-2016, 11:18 AM
(24-07-2016 10:47 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(24-07-2016 07:33 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Here a logic test for you.

Where is the best place to buy a dildo?

A. In an adult bookstore
B. Online
C. At a garage sale

The most logical is "C". You're going to spend HUGE money for the same "unit" in an adult bookstore as you'd buy online -- but, online you can't inspect the merchandise. At a garage sale - you'll get the best price and you can inspect the product in person.

The illogical disconnect comes from the "ewwwww" reaction - of not wanting to buy a used dildo - because someone else used it.....

Was your boyfriend a virgin? Even if he was -- you're not really sure what he's been dragging his dick through -- and you can't run his dick through a dishwasher - dip it in bleach -- or put it into an autoclave... You can, a used dildo....

Logic is a motherfucker, ain't it???

HOw many garage sales would one have to troll thru to find one? I have been to maybe 1000 garage sales and do not remember ever seeing one on display. Here in the Dominican Republic such things are sold in women's lingerie shops. But the lowest priced one was over $30 USD. SO I ordered one online for milady.

I've seen one in a "massager pack" -- I doubt the seller realized they'd left it in there...... I didn't buy it ..... Cheap garbage........

That said -- it's not really about how many you'd find - but, if it was good quality and the price was right -- LOGICALLY -- you'd buy it.......

Most people operate more on emotion than logic -- so they'd find the idea repulsive.....

That's the point.... Logic isn't always nice....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post