Who wants a covenant with god?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2015, 04:15 PM
RE: Who wants a covenant with god?
Wouldn't the space for an "accountability partner" be more accurately labeled "co-sign in lieu of child?" If you reneg the debt passes to them.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2015, 04:22 PM
(21-01-2015 04:15 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Wouldn't the space for an "accountability partner" be more accurately labeled "co-sign in lieu of child?" If you reneg the debt passes to them.

I thought the same thing, it should read “co-signer with fiduciary responsibility _______________”

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
21-01-2015, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2015 05:05 PM by Free Thought.)
(21-01-2015 04:06 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  They did this crap when I went to church with my parents. We had to fill out pledge cards saying how much offering we would give every week. There was even a sermon where the pastor said we weren't giving enough and we had to sing songs about giving to make us feel guilty.

Don't you just love church? It's such a transparent money-grab. I have to say that their tactics, while downright despicable, are spot on.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-01-2015, 05:13 PM
That looks unsurprisingly like a contract to sign away your soul.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
21-01-2015, 06:50 PM
Because an all powerful, all knowing being who created the universe in a just a single da,y or two, or so, whom lived for infinite eons before the universe ever began and will live infinite eons after it has gone and infinite other universes created by him come and go and he gets tired of angels and humans and hell and erases it all infinite times over before us and after us with each new version of all realities being completely different for infinite.

Would wait until just 2000 years ago with billions of years of evolution taking place and killing off the dinosaurs and making humans and waiting a hundred thousand years or so before finally revealing himself to a single person one time to set us straight on the facts of life......Would eventually need US to give him fucking money.

Money which has no Objective value anywhere in the universe and even subjectively is just a substitute for gold. Literally, that is all what money is on every nation in the entire world. It is a substitute for how much gold that nation has and doesn't have.
We figured out a while back that we can separate gold into smaller parts like we did time into hours and minutes. That is all it is.

So, if an all powerful all knowing being can create the universe and his universe can create gold. Why not just conjure up gold? Churches would never need to ask or take money from people ever again!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
21-01-2015, 07:19 PM
(21-01-2015 06:50 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Because an all powerful, all knowing being who created the universe in a just a single da,y or two, or so, whom lived for infinite eons before the universe ever began and will live infinite eons after it has gone and infinite other universes created by him come and go and he gets tired of angels and humans and hell and erases it all infinite times over before us and after us with each new version of all realities being completely different for infinite.

Would wait until just 2000 years ago with billions of years of evolution taking place and killing off the dinosaurs and making humans and waiting a hundred thousand years or so before finally revealing himself to a single person one time to set us straight on the facts of life......Would eventually need US to give him fucking money.

Money which has no Objective value anywhere in the universe and even subjectively is just a substitute for gold. Literally, that is all what money is on every nation in the entire world. It is a substitute for how much gold that nation has and doesn't have.
We figured out a while back that we can separate gold into smaller parts like we did time into hours and minutes. That is all it is.

So, if an all powerful all knowing being can create the universe and his universe can create gold. Why not just conjure up gold? Churches would never need to ask or take money from people ever again!

Obviously god can't do that, because he knows that the sudden mass influx of gold would lead to a massive devaluing of national gold reserves, thus leading to international economic problems.
Isn't gawd so wonderfully merciful?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
21-01-2015, 07:25 PM
(21-01-2015 04:22 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(21-01-2015 04:15 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Wouldn't the space for an "accountability partner" be more accurately labeled "co-sign in lieu of child?" If you reneg the debt passes to them.

I thought the same thing, it should read “co-signer with fiduciary responsibility _______________”

I was talking about original sin but that works too.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
21-01-2015, 07:30 PM
I like how it both demands you give money, AND your "gifts, talents, and abilities". Maybe I'm wrong on this, but that strikes me as saying volunteer.

So, give the church money, and then make sure it doesn't have to use that money to get things done.

Frusty

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
21-01-2015, 07:34 PM
I'm waiting for the reverse mortgage market to pick up.

#sigh
21-01-2015, 07:40 PM
No man! No man! No man!