Who wants to get high and marry a Lesbian???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2012, 06:05 PM
(06-12-2012 06:00 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Back to reality, will they have the same federal trouble that California has? Specifically, medical marijuana is legal in California, so the state has its own state-run pot farms, but the feds keep burning them and arresting the workers because it's still a federal crime. Or something like that - maybe a Californian can clarify that whole state vs. fed issue there.

Will this be an issue for Washington, too?

In either state, what happens if someone goes into a marijuana store, buys a suitcase full of mary jane, and then walks out to his car to be met by DEA agents? Can they arrest someone with the prescription? Why don't they arrest the guys working in the store for being dealers? What if you drive your suitcase across state lines, are you fair game for the DEA then, or any other law enforcement? I would assume yes on that last question, which might be an answer to KC's question - you might have to be a WA resident to legally purchase it, I would bet they check ID at the POS, and even if you fool them, you'd be fair game trying to get it home to a different state.

They've raided some medical dispensaries, but claimed those establishments were breaking state law. The one I go to assured its members (it's considered a co-op) that they were not going to be a part of the raids and they were not. And as far as I know, it's been over a year since anything like that happened.

And yes, I think you'd have to have a Washington ID, and I don't think you're allowed to buy more than an ounce, so it would take some time to fill a suitcase to take to Idaho. Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2012, 06:10 PM
RE: Who wants to get high and marry a Lesbian???
(06-12-2012 06:05 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  And yes, I think you'd have to have a Washington ID, and I don't think you're allowed to buy more than an ounce, so it would take some time to fill a suitcase to take to Idaho. Smile
I rather figured my suitcase example was extremely hyperbolic.

So is it true that feds raid California's state-run pot farms? Or is that just urban legend? If it true, if that's legal for federal raids on state-legalized property, then is it also legal for federal arrests on state-legalized prescription marijuana users or sellers? If not, then why not?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
06-12-2012, 06:33 PM
(06-12-2012 06:10 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 06:05 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  And yes, I think you'd have to have a Washington ID, and I don't think you're allowed to buy more than an ounce, so it would take some time to fill a suitcase to take to Idaho. Smile
I rather figured my suitcase example was extremely hyperbolic.

So is it true that feds raid California's state-run pot farms? Or is that just urban legend? If it true, if that's legal for federal raids on state-legalized property, then is it also legal for federal arrests on state-legalized prescription marijuana users or sellers? If not, then why not?

I'm not up to date on Cali. I think they raided stores in the beginning, but not sure where they're at with things now.

As to why not arrest people coming out of stores or store owners as dealers, from what I understand, Obama has directed the DEA to not make it a priority. But that part could be urban legend. It could possibly be their strategy to just let the local authorities deal with regulation. My personal opinion is public opinion toward pot has changed dramatically in the past couple of decades.

I saw a documentary some time ago that claimed that in the 60's pot was headed toward decriminalization until Nixon came to power and declared war on the hippies that smoked it. Reagan then fired up the religious right and so called moral majority by making the war on drugs a major part of his agenda.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
06-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Sounds fun but as she's into chicks and not guys, our sex life will be a really long dry spell!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
07-12-2012, 12:51 AM
(06-12-2012 08:11 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Sounds fun but as she's into chicks and not guys, our sex life will be a really long dry spell!
Buy her a strap-on and tattoo breasts on your back?

Sorry, that was almost too crude to type it; I feel dirty now. But yeah, that (the bit I quoted, not the bit I typed) was my first impression when I saw this thread. That, or that only lesbians need reply since they're the only ones who might marry a lesbian.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein