Who wants to see a little bit of insanity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2013, 06:33 PM
RE: Who wants to see a little bit of insanity?
(15-01-2013 05:54 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(15-01-2013 05:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My son said he watched that "debate" in his media, politics and government class yesterday.
What was your sons reaction from it? I wonder what the teacher said about it Consider

Let me preface this by saying, we live in a very god-fearing, church-attending, gun-toting community. The teacher wanted to have a classroom debate on gun control but tabled the discussion when he learned that the uncle of his students was killed in mall shooting at the town center. The whole Morgan was a more or less safe way to bring the topic back into class.

My son said any semi valid point that was made, was derailed by other "bat-shit crazy ideas and rantings" like the mass murder suicide pills....he went on to say the whole class including some NRA members were embarrassed to have this guy speaking for them. The teacher planned the debate and told the class to watch the YouTube thing " and be sure to take notes....." lol

After he said the class had a very civil discussion/debate on the 2nd amendment and gun control laws.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-01-2013, 03:54 AM
RE: Who wants to see a little bit of insanity?
That's the biggest problem right there, just yelling your point of view from the hilltops with not the slightest hint at a chance for an honest or rational discussion. It's a conversation stopper, and he's somehow lauded in some circles for this?

Then again it shouldn't surprise me that a country that can't have rational discourse about religion on a national level, gun control fares no better. It's just a blame game, a rush to scapegoat anything else before somebody attempts to connect gun violence to guns, and figure out how to alleviate the problem.

[Image: i-dXBjSvG-950x10000.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post