Who was Saint Paul?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2015, 08:40 PM
RE: Who was Saint Paul?
(17-08-2015 08:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 08:30 PM)Free Wrote:  They get upset because history proves that those verses were in the original Qur'an. Muslims like to claim the current Qur'an is the same as what Muhammad wrote, but it is far from it.

Those verses speak of 3 goddesses, which completely contradict Islamic monotheism.

I support Robert Spencer, and am a member of Jihad Watch, and have been since Day 1.

And who are those "goddesses" exactly, and where did they come from ?

Meccan godesses, Al-Lat, Al-Uzza and Manat

Why are you asking me? Google will get you all you need to know about it.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2015, 08:45 PM
(17-08-2015 08:40 PM)Free Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 08:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And who are those "goddesses" exactly, and where did they come from ?

Meccan godesses, Al-Lat, Al-Uzza and Manat

Oh I already know all about them. What do you understand their origin to be, and what do you think about the claim that Islam is an "Abrahamic" religion ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-08-2015, 08:58 PM
(17-08-2015 08:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 08:40 PM)Free Wrote:  Meccan godesses, Al-Lat, Al-Uzza and Manat

Oh I already know all about them. What do you understand their origin to be, and what do you think about the claim that Islam is an "Abrahamic" religion ?

Although the Arabic word means "cranes," it also means other birds as well. I am thinking that Muhammad was trying to paint the three goddesses in poetic form to indicate supernatural beings with wings, similar to angels, but greater than angels.

Islam is loosely based on Judaism, and also greatly based upon many pseudo gospels. Muhammad seemed to select gospels not in the cannon in an attempt to confront Catholicism. The Infancy Gospel of Thomas is obvious in the Qur'an.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
17-08-2015, 09:06 PM
Mark,

Quote:Paul contended that his Christ was divine and existed in heaven before taking on a human form and living on earth. How this Christ got to earth Paul does not say, as he provides no birth story. Paul did, however, claim that Christ had a human father—

“Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh” (Rom. 1:3–4, KJV)

—which is inconsistent with his claim that Jesus was the son of God, because it is impossible to have two fathers. Paul was frequently inconsistent.

Just to reiterate on this, Mark. It is possible to have 2 fathers if one father was human, and the other father was spirit.

Jesus = Human - Son of Man
Christ = Spirit - Son of God.

You may want to rework this because what I am telling you is widely known in both historical and theological circles.

Aside from the few things I mentioned, I am pleasantly surprised by how well you put that together so far Mark. It doesn't even matter how much I agree with it, for what matters is whether or not you are backing up your position with evidence, and for the most part, you do.

And that is what a good writer does.

3.75 star rating out of 5.

Well done.

Thumbsup

I will review Part 2 tomorrow.

17-08-2015, 09:09 PM
(17-08-2015 08:58 PM)Free Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 08:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh I already know all about them. What do you understand their origin to be, and what do you think about the claim that Islam is an "Abrahamic" religion ?

Although the Arabic word means "cranes," it also means other birds as well. I am thinking that Muhammad was trying to paint the three goddesses in poetic form to indicate supernatural beings with wings, similar to angels, but greater than angels.

Islam is loosely based on Judaism, and also greatly based upon many pseudo gospels. Muhammad seemed to select gospels not in the cannon in an attempt to confront Catholicism. The Infancy Gospel of Thomas is obvious in the Qur'an.

I see.
Consider

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-08-2015, 02:23 AM
(17-08-2015 09:06 PM)Free Wrote:  Mark,

Quote:Paul contended that his Christ was divine and existed in heaven before taking on a human form and living on earth. How this Christ got to earth Paul does not say, as he provides no birth story. Paul did, however, claim that Christ had a human father—

“Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh” (Rom. 1:3–4, KJV)

—which is inconsistent with his claim that Jesus was the son of God, because it is impossible to have two fathers. Paul was frequently inconsistent.

Just to reiterate on this, Mark. It is possible to have 2 fathers if one father was human, and the other father was spirit.

You may want to rework this because what I am telling you is widely known in both historical and theological circles.

Aside from the few things I mentioned, I am pleasantly surprised by how well you put that together so far Mark. It doesn't even matter how much I agree with it, for what matters is whether or not you are backing up your position with evidence, and for the most part, you do.

Well done.

Thumbsup

Thanks for the encouragement Free.

Call me too much of a medical docor if you like, but you can't have 2 dads. A stepdad, yes, but genetically speaking, no. I'm sure you agree. Talking about 2 dads may have been "the thing" back when, yet the concept is illogical (except if the non biological father is considered a step father)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-08-2015, 02:27 AM
(17-08-2015 08:01 PM)Free Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 06:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You on the other hand, despite claiming you are published, have written nothing for TTA, or linked to nothing academic, ever.

You do not know what I write. I will not tell you either. You can even Google what I write here and not find it online anywhere, because I am very careful and need to be.

My work is out there either under my real name, or under my nom de plume. I do not write under "Free" any more than you would write anything serious as Bucky Ball.

Who the fuck does that?

But I write for many different causes, and history is just one of them, and history is by no means the main reason I write. Most of the work I do, and things I write, are in relation to Islamic Terrorism. I know more about Islam than most Muslims.

I am an atheist to the core, and despite what you see me say on this forum about Christianity, it is absolutely nothing compared to what I write in regards to Islam. From my atheist position, I attack the greatest threat against humanity in history; Islam. I won't say much here about Islam, because anyone can Google what i say, and create a chain of evidence to find out who I am.

Suffice to say, I have received many death threats.

And that is the #1 reason why you, nor anyone else here, can never know my name, except for one person whom I can indeed trust.

"My work is out there either under my real name, or under my nom de plume. I do not write under "Free" any more than you would write anything serious as Bucky Ball.
Who the fuck does that?"

Apparently there is a stupid Australian quack who's done that somewhere around here.
Can you believe it?Tongue
18-08-2015, 07:21 AM
(18-08-2015 02:27 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 08:01 PM)Free Wrote:  You do not know what I write. I will not tell you either. You can even Google what I write here and not find it online anywhere, because I am very careful and need to be.

My work is out there either under my real name, or under my nom de plume. I do not write under "Free" any more than you would write anything serious as Bucky Ball.

Who the fuck does that?

But I write for many different causes, and history is just one of them, and history is by no means the main reason I write. Most of the work I do, and things I write, are in relation to Islamic Terrorism. I know more about Islam than most Muslims.

I am an atheist to the core, and despite what you see me say on this forum about Christianity, it is absolutely nothing compared to what I write in regards to Islam. From my atheist position, I attack the greatest threat against humanity in history; Islam. I won't say much here about Islam, because anyone can Google what i say, and create a chain of evidence to find out who I am.

Suffice to say, I have received many death threats.

And that is the #1 reason why you, nor anyone else here, can never know my name, except for one person whom I can indeed trust.

"My work is out there either under my real name, or under my nom de plume. I do not write under "Free" any more than you would write anything serious as Bucky Ball.
Who the fuck does that?"

Apparently there is a stupid Australian quack who's done that somewhere around here.
Can you believe it?Tongue

Yabut, what would you expect from a quack? Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
18-08-2015, 07:22 AM
(18-08-2015 02:23 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 09:06 PM)Free Wrote:  Mark,

Well done.

Thumbsup

Thanks for the encouragement Free.

Call me too much of a medical docor if you like, but you can't have 2 dads. A stepdad, yes, but genetically speaking, no. I'm sure you agree. Talking about 2 dads may have been "the thing" back when, yet the concept is illogical (except if the non biological father is considered a step father)

It's obvious to me you have never been involved in any religious practices.

Laugh out load

18-08-2015, 07:37 AM
(18-08-2015 07:22 AM)Free Wrote:  It's obvious to me you have never been involved in any religious practices.

Laugh out load

Because he is sane and rational? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]