Who was Saint Paul?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2015, 08:47 AM
RE: Who was Saint Paul?
(18-08-2015 07:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 07:22 AM)Free Wrote:  It's obvious to me you have never been involved in any religious practices.

Laugh out load

Because he is sane and rational? Consider

That, but also he sees things from such a strong physical point of view.

For example, if Christ is a spirit, then genetics, dna, etc do not apply. Hence, the spirit has a father, and Jesus the physical man also has a father.

Two fathers.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2015, 08:49 AM
(18-08-2015 08:47 AM)Free Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 07:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  Because he is sane and rational? Consider

That, but also he sees things from such a strong physical point of view.

For example, if Christ is a spirit, then genetics, dna, etc do not apply. Hence, the spirit has a father, and Jesus the physical man also has a father.

Two fathers.

Except in the Bible they are one and the same.

One father.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-08-2015, 09:11 AM
(18-08-2015 08:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 08:47 AM)Free Wrote:  That, but also he sees things from such a strong physical point of view.

Two fathers.

Except in the Bible they are one and the same.

One father.

I depends on perspective, I guess.

Mark says his idea of Christ was spiritual, which is accurate in my view. I tend to separate the physical side of Jesus from the spiritual side/theology (Christ) to get a better understanding.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
18-08-2015, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2015 11:13 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(18-08-2015 07:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 02:27 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  "My work is out there either under my real name, or under my nom de plume. I do not write under "Free" any more than you would write anything serious as Bucky Ball.
Who the fuck does that?"

Apparently there is a stupid Australian quack who's done that somewhere around here.
Can you believe it?Tongue

Yabut, what would you expect from a quack? Big Grin

I made a deliberate decision to use my own name and not worry about possible consequences.

I am proud of what I write. I am not afraid of being made to look, or be wrong about some things.
20-08-2015, 06:44 PM
Mark, before I give my opinion on Part 2, can you provide some evidence to support the following assertions?

Quote:The few passages that suggest Paul’s Christ was once a living person are probably interpolations.

Quote:Paul was heavily influenced by the Gentile world, and was probably a government agent employed to undermine and report on problematic Jews, a job he took very seriously.

Quote:What is just as unfortunate is that Churches have successfully used Paul’s messages in exactly the same way the Romans originally intended, and that was to create a docile, humbled, guilt ridden people.

Thanks.

[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
21-08-2015, 01:55 PM
(18-08-2015 03:30 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 07:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, what would you expect from a quack? Big Grin

I made a deliberate decision to use my own name and not worry about possible consequences.

I am proud of what I write. I am not afraid of being made to look, or be wrong about some things.

Yeah, I have made no real effort to hide my identity. My picture, pictures of my house, pictures of my family, name , town, and date of birth are all here on this forum.

If someone wants a piece of me, I'm not hard to find.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-08-2015, 02:03 PM
(18-08-2015 03:30 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I made a deliberate decision to use my own name and not worry about possible consequences.

Meanwhile, I go to great pains to keep my online and real life identities separate. My various online identities aren't hard to figure out; I tend to use a handful of easily-identifiable usernames, signatures, avatars, and so on, and my posting style tends to be fairly distinct (like Chas, I don't usually go in for more than a handful of sentences, and I tend to repeat things like "this is not complicated" rather a lot). But I do my best not to give away too many details about who I am outside of this.

This is because, behind the keyboard, I am a writer, and a writer's ability to get published - or, after being published, to have their books sell - depends in large part on public opinion of them. I haven't said anything in my online discussions that I wouldn't be happy to say to someone's face if the discussion came up, but keeping my identities separate so that I can more easily manage public opinion will almost certainly be something that I am glad to have done down the road.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
21-08-2015, 02:16 PM
(21-08-2015 01:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 03:30 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I made a deliberate decision to use my own name and not worry about possible consequences.

Yeah, I have made no real effort to hide my identity. My picture, pictures of my house, pictures of my family, name , town, and date of birth are all here on this forum.

If someone wants a piece of me, I'm not hard to find.

Ok. Me too. Big Grin
21-08-2015, 02:25 PM
Ah, okay.... see, I didn't make the connection that Saint Paul was the same as just regular Paul. So when I saw this thread, I thought it was referring to a more recent historical figure like Saint Patrick or Saint Valentine.

... much still be to learned.

Now I'm excited to go through this thread and hopefully submit my two cents.
21-08-2015, 02:32 PM
(21-08-2015 02:03 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  

Meanwhile, I go to great pains to keep my online and real life identities separate. My various online identities aren't hard to figure out; I tend to use a handful of easily-identifiable usernames, signatures, avatars, and so on, and my posting style tends to be fairly distinct (like Chas, I don't usually go in for more than a handful of sentences, and I tend to repeat things like "this is not complicated" rather a lot). But I do my best not to give away too many details about who I am outside of this.

This is because, behind the keyboard, I am a writer, and a writer's ability to get published - or, after being published, to have their books sell - depends in large part on public opinion of them. I haven't said anything in my online discussions that I wouldn't be happy to say to someone's face if the discussion came up, but keeping my identities separate so that I can more easily manage public opinion will almost certainly be something that I am glad to have done down the road.

That makes complete sense.
It is possible that my job/consulting prospects might be damaged if some theist hiring manager/customer connected the dots.

C'est la vie. Drinking Beverage