Who was Saint Paul?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-08-2016, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2016 08:27 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Who was Saint Paul?
(10-08-2016 11:16 AM)GoingUp Wrote:  YOU are evidence for this agenda. Your intentional denial of evidence as actually being evidence is evidence of your agenda.

Bull fucking shit your pathetic self. I'm not even a mythicist, gramps. I'm a skeptic. YOU never once STILL have never addressed ONE of Carrier or Price's arguments.

Quote:Your entire point of being a Mythicist to undermine the Christian religion, and if that means doing everything you can possibly do to bury actual history, then YOU will actually do it.

I do not hate anything, especially the pathetic idiots who are stupid enough to know so little of their origins as to buy into Christianity. YOU, fool, don't get to tell anyone what they think. You are no teacher. No real teacher tells anyone what they think. you are a 110% fraud.

Quote:And what chair does Carrier currently hold? Absolutely none. He's not even employed because no one will touch him due to his "extremist views." He does not even teach at a high school, let alone a university. Despite that, I respect him for his education, although his mythicist views greatly damage his credibility not only with me, but with everybody that matters in the field of history. I suspect that Carrier will mature and grow out of his Mythicist views as he continues to further educate himself. In fact, I believe this to be a foregone conclusion.

He's sold more books than you will ever even think of selling or writing. Your evasion of his ARGUMENTS is the point, NOT where he works. Fail again.

Quote:Price is a fellow of the Jesus Seminar, a group of 150 writers and scholars who study the historicity of Jesus, the organizer of a Web community for those interested in the history of Christianity, and sits on the advisory board of the Secular Student Alliance. He is a religious skeptic, especially of orthodox Christian beliefs, occasionally describing himself as a Christian atheist. Although his arguments do use some of the Mythicist positions, his actual position on Jesus is not that he didn't exist, but rather he doesn't view the evidence as being good enough to confirm existence.

Prove it ... with references from him.
Wonderful .... more evasion. NOT ONE of his actual points addressed. Of course you can't, now can you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-08-2016, 09:09 PM
(10-08-2016 08:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 11:16 AM)GoingUp Wrote:  YOU are evidence for this agenda. Your intentional denial of evidence as actually being evidence is evidence of your agenda.

Bull fucking shit your pathetic self. I'm not even a mythicist, gramps. I'm a skeptic.

You? A skeptic? YOU??

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

You are no fucking skeptic, Mr Ball. You exhibit all the hallmarks of a denialist because you have a great tendency and track record of withholding the validation of various historical events and evidences. You propagate the rejection of well-supported parts of the historical consensus on a subject, in favor of radical and controversial ideas.

No, Mr. Ball, you are NOT a skeptic. You are a fucking conspiracy theorist at best.

Quote:YOU never once STILL have never addressed ONE of Carrier or Price's arguments.

Well excuse me, but i don't see them or you presenting any of their arguments here, now do I?

Quote:
Quote:Your entire point of being a Mythicist to undermine the Christian religion, and if that means doing everything you can possibly do to bury actual history, then YOU will actually do it.

I do not hate anything, especially the pathetic idiots who are stupid enough to know so little of their origins as to buy into Christianity. YOU, fool, don't get to tell anyone what they think. You are no teacher. No real teacher tells anyone what they think. you are a 110% fraud.

Somebody needs to tell YOU what to think because it is self evident that you cannot think for yourself. You completely lose the plot on this subject of Christianity, Jesus, Paul and all relevant peripherals as it has been demonstrated over and over how ridiculously fallacious your stupid ass assertions actually are.

You don't even bother to read these ancient texts, but instead you do a word search looking for key words such as "lie, deceive," and when you find one, you don't even think about the context, but instead you stupidly copy and paste the text into a reply here on the forum, thinking you have discovered something that furthers your fucked up agenda.

That is, until someone like me comes along, puts those key words back into their context, and exposes your fucking bullshit as being nothing but the ravings of lunatic railing against a religion you don't even understand!

Quote:
Quote:And what chair does Carrier currently hold? Absolutely none. He's not even employed because no one will touch him due to his "extremist views." He does not even teach at a high school, let alone a university. Despite that, I respect him for his education, although his mythicist views greatly damage his credibility not only with me, but with everybody that matters in the field of history. I suspect that Carrier will mature and grow out of his Mythicist views as he continues to further educate himself. In fact, I believe this to be a foregone conclusion.

He's sold more books than you will ever even think of selling or writing. Your evasion of his ARGUMENTS is the point, NOT where he works. Fail again.

Ya think? Carrier will never make any best seller list at any time. Nobody gives a fuck for a Jesus Mythicist who can't get a job because of his radical views, and who brings disgrace to any learning institution because he can't keep his dick in pants long enough to stop stepping out on his former wife, nor stop himself from making unwanted sexual advances.

Quote:
Quote:Price is a fellow of the Jesus Seminar, a group of 150 writers and scholars who study the historicity of Jesus, the organizer of a Web community for those interested in the history of Christianity, and sits on the advisory board of the Secular Student Alliance. He is a religious skeptic, especially of orthodox Christian beliefs, occasionally describing himself as a Christian atheist. Although his arguments do use some of the Mythicist positions, his actual position on Jesus is not that he didn't exist, but rather he doesn't view the evidence as being good enough to confirm existence.

Prove it ... with references from him.
Wonderful .... more evasion. NOT ONE of his actual points addressed. Of course you can't, now can you.

So you keep saying, yet provide no argument.

You are so full of shit that if you ever took a crap I am absolutely fucking certain Donald Trump would be what we would see in the toilet.
10-08-2016, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2016 05:44 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(10-08-2016 09:09 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  Well excuse me, but i don't see them or you presenting any of their arguments here, now do I?

I gave you the video. You told us you were not going to watch it. Liar.

Quote:Somebody needs to tell YOU what to think because it is self evident that you cannot think for yourself. You completely lose the plot on this subject of Christianity, Jesus, Paul and all relevant peripherals as it has been demonstrated over and over how ridiculously fallacious your stupid ass assertions actually are.

Says the fool "historian" who committed the "Historian fallacy" himself, and had to be schooled on the very fallacy he was committing.

Quote:Ya think? Carrier will never make any best seller list at any time. Nobody gives a fuck for a Jesus Mythicist who can't get a job because of his radical views, and who brings disgrace to any learning institution because he can't keep his dick in pants long enough to stop stepping out on his former wife, nor stop himself from making unwanted sexual advances.

And that has to do with which argument, gramps ? Great to see you stay on point here.

Quote:So you keep saying, yet provide no argument.

I asked for references. You obviously have none. Thanks for proving it.

Quote:You are so full of shit that if you ever took a crap I am absolutely fucking certain Donald Trump would be what we would see in the toilet.

Lovely. You say that stuff to your students who don't buy your party line ?
BTW, Carrier is a member of Westar also. I see you have no references. All you can do is tell others what they think. You are no educator. You are a fraud. No educator acts or talks that way. I "seen" that "ad nausium". Laugh out load

The Christian religion undermines itself, and needs no one to undermine it. The things it claims concerning it's Biblical origins and basis in the OT are totally false.
It doesn't need the bullshit in the NT debunked. It debunks itself by the fallacious way it uses the now debunked OT.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-08-2016, 04:04 AM
And thanks for the reply.
11-08-2016, 07:52 AM
(18-10-2012 06:23 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Paul (aka Saul) of Tarsus was probably the founding figure of what became Christianity. He was an enthusiastic evangelist and, by the standards of the time, a prolific author. His theology is more important than that purportedly taught by Jesus. Without his influence it is probable that Christianity, as we know it, would not exist today. Copies of many of Paul’s letters to various communities have survived and now form roughly one quarter of the New Testament.

Today’s reader can open any one of thousands of books in a Christian bookstore coaching people how to live happy, meaningful, or successful Christian lives. These books are loaded with quotes from Paul used to back up a multitude of agendas and opinions. All these authors assume Paul had an unquestionable authority, yet nearly none of them objectively assess who he was, his relationship with the followers of Yeshua (Jesus), what he was trying to achieve, or the evidence for the truth of his teachings.

I don't like Paul or his messages. It took me many months of reading to understand who he was and why he wrote what he did. I'd like to share my conclusions with anyone interested, and I am very keen to hear other opinions. My conclusions question the very essence of Christianity, so I think they are relevant to today's world.

I think Paul was
-a Roman government agent employed to promote propaganda and subdue Jewish messianic aspirations
-a liar
-a two faced hypocrite
-a misogynist
-a homophobe
-an over-imaginative scheemer
-someone who never met Yeshua, and who undermined the beliefs of his original followers
-someone who was mildly mentally unwell

Any comments or questions to get the ball rolling will be appreciated.

What's always interesting to me is people perceptions of the "other", particularly when those perceptions seems quite distorted. They seem to have a very crude understanding of others, a bit out of touch, and likely had a history plagued with failed relationships, to account for this.

I think a guy who took on a vow of poverty, advocated for life of the poor, considering the destitute as chosen God's chosen, endorsed non-violence, and proclaimed Love as the highest of all human virtues, and fought with the early followers of Jesus to welcome gentiles at the communion table, can't be that bad.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
11-08-2016, 08:38 AM
Going up, I am uncertain if you are referring to the existence of Jesus as Jesus the man or Jesus the son of god, which one are you advocating for ?
11-08-2016, 10:11 AM
Should we move this discussion with Goingup to the "Debates with Theists" section?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
11-08-2016, 10:13 AM
(11-08-2016 10:11 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Should we move this discussion with Goingup to the "Debates with Theists" section?

Good point shame we don't have a section called batshit crazy
11-08-2016, 10:52 AM
(11-08-2016 07:52 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  What's always interesting to me is people perceptions of the "other", particularly when those perceptions seems quite distorted. They seem to have a very crude understanding of others, a bit out of touch, and likely had a history plagued with failed relationships, to account for this.

.... says the idiot who constantly makes generalizations about atheists he doesn't know. Go preach to some other fucking choir. Facepalm

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-08-2016, 11:26 AM
(11-08-2016 10:11 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Should we move this discussion with Goingup to the "Debates with Theists" section?

Not really. That section is for people to talk about debates that they have had with theists outside the forum. It is not the right place for an ongoing debate within the forum.