Who was out of line here, Trump or the Univision reporter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2015, 08:24 PM
Who was out of line here, Trump or the Univision reporter
Both. The guy wasn't polite and neither was he. Hard to believe that people want this guy to be the figurehead for America. He's arrogant as hell to say the least

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2015, 06:37 AM
RE: Who was out of line here, Trump or the Univision reporter
(28-08-2015 08:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  Brown didn't have his hands up and he didn't say "don't shoot"
Brown was a criminal who was attacking police officer. because of him police officer lost his job.
Black Lies Matter have this mantra" hands up don't shoot" words M. Brown never said.

In that case, yes, but you're cherry picking. Eric Garner was choked out despite pleas of not being able to breath. He did not physically instigate the altercation. Samuel Dubose was shot for not getting out of his car.

This does happen. Police do shoot unarmed people who are not threatening them. Whether or not every case of unarmed black person being shot doesn't involve "hands up, don't shoot" is beside the point. It does happen.

(28-08-2015 08:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  They lie that police is racist.

Some police officers are racist. You can get mad that they're painting with broad strokes, but you are too. And it's not like they don't have statistics to back them up that black people are disproportionately targeted and receive higher sentences for the same crimes. There is systemic, institutionalized racism within that system. Whether or not every individual police officer is racist is beside the point.
06-09-2015, 11:52 AM
(31-08-2015 06:37 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  In that case, yes, but you're cherry picking. Eric Garner was choked out despite pleas of not being able to breath. He did not physically instigate the altercation.
I agree with you, Eric Garner was chocked. You forgot to add: "while he RESISTED ARREST".
Why did he resist arrest? How did cops know he was not faking like many criminals do during arrest?
I feel bad what happened to poor man. Would it happen if only he did not resist arrest?
Who told cops to arrest "little" people who sell illegal cigarettes to make some extra money? Who makes war on cigarettes?
(31-08-2015 06:37 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Samuel Dubose was shot for not getting out of his car.
It is horrible. If cop made a mistake he has to pay a price. But I have a question: Why did Samuel drive off while cop was talking to him? I would never, never do this. I respect authority.
(31-08-2015 06:37 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  This does happen. Police do shoot unarmed people who are not threatening them. Whether or not every case of unarmed black person being shot doesn't involve "hands up, don't shoot" is beside the point. It does happen.
I agree with this statement.
(31-08-2015 06:37 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 08:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  They lie that police is racist.
Some police officers are racist. You can get mad that they're painting with broad strokes, but you are too. And it's not like they don't have statistics to back them up that black people are disproportionately targeted and receive higher sentences for the same crimes. There is systemic, institutionalized racism within that system. Whether or not every individual police officer is racist is beside the point.
Both sides paint with broad strokes. This I can say for sure.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
06-09-2015, 12:27 PM
The reporter was outside protocol for the press conference. Trump handled it in an obnoxious way. Business as usual, so far.

What really caught my ear was at the very end, when Trump was talking to the other reporter about what had just happened with Ramos, Trump characterized Ramos as "screaming". Not thirty seconds after Ramos's expulsion, Trump was already lying about it in order to justify his own boorish behavior.
08-09-2015, 10:35 AM
(06-09-2015 12:27 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  The reporter was outside protocol for the press conference. Trump handled it in an obnoxious way. Business as usual, so far.

What really caught my ear was at the very end, when Trump was talking to the other reporter about what had just happened with Ramos, Trump characterized Ramos as "screaming". Not thirty seconds after Ramos's expulsion, Trump was already lying about it in order to justify his own boorish behavior.

Trump also claimed he didn't toss the reporter out.....his security did. Of course you can see Trump signalling to his security team.