Who will rid me of this turbulent priest? (want to help in a debate?)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
19-07-2012, 03:50 PM
RE: Who will rid me of this turbulent priest? (want to help in a debate?)
Just read my sig. That's what we are doing.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm still over there pulling on that priest's frock. Tongue

Now he's on about "miraculous mary bleeding statue" Angel but after that bit of nonsense, in the gray area around this white bit?

groovy_out

...just appeared. It was miraculous! Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-07-2012, 06:53 AM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2012 08:23 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-07-2012 07:03 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I'm still over there pulling on that priest's frock. Tongue

Now he's on about "miraculous mary bleeding statue" Angel but after that bit of nonsense, in the gray area around this white bit?

groovy_out

...just appeared. It was miraculous! Big Grin
What a hoot. Seems the hocmeister has really got him scratchin his head, goin WTF.
I fired my opening salvo .. we'll see what he sez.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
21-07-2012, 08:21 AM
I am a bad man. Big Grin

21-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Whatever he was writing about before, now he's focused on derogatory mimicry, pandering to the crowd, and downright petty nastiness. It was fun for a minute, but now I need a bath.

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Another day, another derogatory post. Dodgy

22-09-2012, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2012 07:14 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Hoc must have traumatized this poor priest. Shame on you. Thumbsup
Fr. Runing-his-necker is now now writing a book, which includes how bad we are.
He had the following up for a while, then when he realized PZ Myers was talking about it, took it down. Fortunately, PZ had captured it before.

"Is there really such a thing as an utterly authentic atheist? I think so. I have a dreadful feeling that there exists a sort of human sub-species who have lost their spiritual capacity completely. These authentic atheists do not profess belief in God, nor even disbelief. Instead they seem entirely deaf to such ideas. They do not hate the Church or say the Bible is a fairy tale. They do not spit out bigoted remarks that blame the Pope for the holocaust or missionaries for murder. They do not attack the arguments for the existence of God, say the universe is random, or call Rick Warren a simpleton. They do not rage against God, any more than someone born blind has dreams in color. These are the authentic atheists. They plod through life eating, working, shopping, breeding and sleeping, and God never seems to flit across their consciousness. Members of this sub-species may be sparkling sophisticates or ill-bred boors. They may be the decent and moral folks next door, or they could be despicable murderers. In a frightful way, it doesn’t matter. If they exist, perhaps they have bred and spread like the alien bodysnatchers, and exist in our midst like spiritual zombies—indistinguishable in the teeming mass of humanity except to those few who see them and tremble."

Kind of like vampires. Ooh ooh. How much ya wanna bet they will have new positions opening for "atheist detector"/exorcist. Maybe just a new skill for exorcists ?

BTW, he now has a disclaimer. He won't take no shit anymore.

"Note: The only comments that will be published are from those who have clearly read and understood the whole article, and are commenting on the points being made."

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
23-09-2012, 07:51 AM
(22-09-2012 06:53 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Is there really such a thing as an utterly authentic atheist? I think so. I have a dreadful feeling that there exists a sort of human sub-species who have lost their spiritual capacity completely. These authentic atheists do not profess belief in God, nor even disbelief. Instead they seem entirely deaf to such ideas. They do not hate the Church or say the Bible is a fairy tale. They do not spit out bigoted remarks that blame the Pope for the holocaust or missionaries for murder. They do not attack the arguments for the existence of God, say the universe is random, or call Rick Warren a simpleton. They do not rage against God, any more than someone born blind has dreams in color. These are the authentic atheists. They plod through life eating, working, shopping, breeding and sleeping, and God never seems to flit across their consciousness. Members of this sub-species may be sparkling sophisticates or ill-bred boors. They may be the decent and moral folks next door, or they could be despicable murderers. In a frightful way, it doesn’t matter. If they exist, perhaps they have bred and spread like the alien bodysnatchers, and exist in our midst like spiritual zombies—indistinguishable in the teeming mass of humanity except to those few who see them and tremble."

He says it like it's a bad thing. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Sorry, I can be of no help. I engaged in a debate with a theist from the catholics answers forum. After 3 messages it was clear that he was not even reading my arguments, so I gave up. I probably could have continued it for a little longer, however I just see it as a waste of my time.
25-09-2012, 12:32 AM
(23-09-2012 07:51 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-09-2012 06:53 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Is there really such a thing as an utterly authentic atheist? I think so. I have a dreadful feeling that there exists a sort of human sub-species who have lost their spiritual capacity completely. These authentic atheists do not profess belief in God, nor even disbelief. Instead they seem entirely deaf to such ideas. They do not hate the Church or say the Bible is a fairy tale. They do not spit out bigoted remarks that blame the Pope for the holocaust or missionaries for murder. They do not attack the arguments for the existence of God, say the universe is random, or call Rick Warren a simpleton. They do not rage against God, any more than someone born blind has dreams in color. These are the authentic atheists. They plod through life eating, working, shopping, breeding and sleeping, and God never seems to flit across their consciousness. Members of this sub-species may be sparkling sophisticates or ill-bred boors. They may be the decent and moral folks next door, or they could be despicable murderers. In a frightful way, it doesn’t matter. If they exist, perhaps they have bred and spread like the alien bodysnatchers, and exist in our midst like spiritual zombies—indistinguishable in the teeming mass of humanity except to those few who see them and tremble."

He says it like it's a bad thing. Tongue

This really made me laugh. Does it really say that? I'll have to check it out and if possible give a response to it. LOL, alien body snatchers. More like faith snatchers.