When the music stops you grab a chair and smash it over someone's head Yes

Ha! You get points for that. Big Grin

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2017, 06:14 AM
RE: Who won the War in Heaven.
(01-08-2017 10:39 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  
(31-07-2017 06:52 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  How is it possible to wage war against an immortal, omnipotent, invincible, and all-controlling thing?

Seriously. Does this thing have weaknesses that we just don't know about?

Its weakness is sceptics. It avoids them like the plague.

`I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, `for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'
`But,' says Man, `The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'
`Oh dear,' says God, `I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly disappears in a puff of logic.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
03-08-2017, 02:37 AM
(31-07-2017 06:52 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  How is it possible to wage war against an immortal, omnipotent, invincible, and all-controlling thing?

Seriously. Does this thing have weaknesses that we just don't know about?

"...And the armies did march upon heaven. Beings from the deepest darkest depths of hell they came; swords and spears shaking, with deep roars of hatred towards the one true god.

'We'll break it down, and take the throne of Heaven!!', Shouts Satan, as he instructs the dark armies to take down the gates.

And with one mere fleeting thought, God poofs them out of existence"

Laugh out load

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 4 users Like OakTree500's post
03-08-2017, 02:53 AM
(02-08-2017 06:14 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(01-08-2017 10:39 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  Its weakness is sceptics. It avoids them like the plague.

`I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, `for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'
`But,' says Man, `The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'
`Oh dear,' says God, `I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly disappears in a puff of logic.

So long God, and thanks for all the Babel fish!

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
03-08-2017, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2017 06:38 AM by TSG.)
I also think it's important to remind everyone that there isn't a particle of an ancient divine war narrative in the Bible. The OT writers didn't really have a concept of Hell and their idea of "Satan" is completely alien to what our popular culture thinks. That single verse about Lucifer is referring to the planet Venus, in Job Satan is clearly a subordinate and servant to God, and that serpent in the garden is never actually called Satan.

Much like the widespread belief that Noah tried to preach to the sinful world before the flood, or that Mary Magdalene was a reformed prostitute, the war between God and Satan comes entirely from extra-biblical tradition -- mostly Milton's Paradise Lost, an epic poem written in English during the 17th century, which is a much better story than the Genesis creation myth, because Milton at least knew he was writing fiction.

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like TSG's post
03-08-2017, 06:42 AM
Really doesn't matter what's in the Great Unread Book.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
03-08-2017, 06:46 AM
(03-08-2017 06:42 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Really doesn't matter what's in the Great Unread Book.

Yeah, we know that, but you'd think the people who consider it the infallible word of the immortal, omnipotent lord of the universe might bother opening it once in a while.

More Min Gee Ziss
03-08-2017, 06:47 AM
(03-08-2017 06:46 AM)TSG Wrote:  
(03-08-2017 06:42 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Really doesn't matter what's in the Great Unread Book.

Yeah, we know that, but you'd think the people who consider it the infallible word of the immortal, omnipotent lord of the universe might bother opening it once in a while.

Even those people don't read anything but what they want to read.
03-08-2017, 06:50 AM
(03-08-2017 06:47 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-08-2017 06:46 AM)TSG Wrote:  Yeah, we know that, but you'd think the people who consider it the infallible word of the immortal, omnipotent lord of the universe might bother opening it once in a while.

Even those people don't read anything but what they want to read.

It's amazing how lazy people can be even when they think their immortal souls are in danger.

More Min Gee Ziss
03-08-2017, 06:57 AM
(03-08-2017 06:50 AM)TSG Wrote:  
(03-08-2017 06:47 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Even those people don't read anything but what they want to read.

It's amazing how lazy people can be even when they think their immortal souls are in danger.

"Sounds like work! Well, I'm a good, God-fearing person, I'll be okay. Now to call my girlfriend and tell her the ball-and-chain is visiting her mother this weekend."
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post