Who would expose a child to this...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Who would expose a child to this...
While strolling a passed by a nearby church when i saw child and his mother looking at something on the billboard.
The same people that wanted to ban video games and heavy metal because of violence expose their children to this.

[Image: mg0096p.jpg]

Looking in agony, blood spewing and all.
Maybe they aim to strengthen belief (in this instance) by inspiring emotions such as empathy and pity to that poor tortured man hanging on the cross but what of the psychological harm?
am i on to something here?

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Jackrabbit's post
25-12-2011, 11:35 AM
RE: Who would expose a child to this...
Christanity gains many followers because of the emotional values it has, (Ie "GOD LOVES YOU" "JESUS DIED 4 UR SINS" ) kind of things. (Ignoring all the GOD HATES NON BELIEVERS)
Basically, its a emotional appeal for children. They think this is good, because its 'historical' and that children need to know it.
25-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Yup, that's how guilty we all are. We needed a pure holy man to willingly go through *all that* to earn humankind some forgiveness. Watch and be grateful. He did that so you don't have to.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
25-12-2011, 01:26 PM
(25-12-2011 01:22 PM)Malleus Wrote:  Yup, that's how guilty we all are. We needed a pure holy man to willingly go through *all that* to earn humankind some forgiveness. Watch and be grateful. He did that so you don't have to.

Yeah. You people need to give me a little more respect for that. That shit hurt you know and necromancers are not cheap to hire.

Seriously though. The christien belief system is about as hypocritical as you can get.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post
25-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Everything is relative. To you and me that picture is disgusting and repulsive. However, to the religious fundy it looks as harmless as a basket on a prairie full of kittens.
25-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Who would expose their child to something like this?
- same kind of parents who think that ego shooters are ok for their 8 year old kids.
- same kind of parents who let's their 10-year old watch movies like Lord of the rings

They don't think it is really that bad and just let them see the picture / play the game / watch the movie.
They don't understand or care about the fact that it is not good for their child > Be it bloody Jesus or a bloody ego shooter or a bloody ork.

Sad but true

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
25-12-2011, 06:47 PM
its about the fact that the chritian groups spearheaded banning heavy metal and videogames
and also the fact that video games aknowlage that its all not real, not real people you're killin, not real blood etc.
same with movies.
I know i might'v exaggerated in the op but the fact remains, Jesus is real and died for your sins little boy, and you are born evil.
you're the reason he died etc.
Atleast i think thats the way it goes, correct me if im wrong.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 1 user Likes Jackrabbit's post
25-12-2011, 07:19 PM
(25-12-2011 06:47 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  its about the fact that the chritian groups spearheaded banning heavy metal and videogames
and also the fact that video games aknowlage that its all not real, not real people you're killin, not real blood etc.
same with movies.
I know i might'v exaggerated in the op but the fact remains, Jesus is real and died for your sins little boy, and you are born evil.
you're the reason he died etc.
Atleast i think thats the way it goes, correct me if im wrong.

Yeah you pretty much got it down.

If I still went hunting for deer and killed one, I would have my boys digging out the guts and helping pull the skin off the body. That's gross I know, but torturing is a whole different situation and this is what they are promoting. So basically it's ok to torture this dude for you to feel safe.

I remember when I was a kid and they discussed David and Goliath and how wonderful they taught it to be. Today I think if this David person was so smart and just, he could have just whipped the giant and tied him up. Just another senseless killing to boost support for a bloodthirsty belief system. I love such silly stories. They just help me remember how warped a belief system can be.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Clint Barnett's post
25-12-2011, 09:20 PM
it does seem hypocritical when the church says they want to keep everyone moral and decent and then they display images like this and urge people to watch the passion of the christ. I suppose its a case of do as we say not as we do.
26-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Religion is the exception to the rule when it comes to exposing children to traumatic stories and supposed truths, so this really is not surprising
Just go to any toy shop or store that sells nursery items and you'll see several objects depicting Noah's Ark, the story of when Yahweh drowned the entire world

"it is a principle innate and co-natural to every man to have an insatiable inclination to the truth, and to seek for it as for hid treasure..."
-Thomas Aikenhead
[+] 2 users Like Mia's post