Who would like help Pussy Riot?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2012, 01:44 AM
There is petition to help out the Russian feminist punk band sentenced to 2 years for "hooliganism" after singing the Punk Prayer in church in an attempt to demonstrate against the Russian Orthodox Church's support of Vladimir Putin.
Organisers are hoping to get 150,000 signatures, less than 12,000 to go.

http://www.change.org/petitions/free-pus...sionupdate
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2012, 02:58 AM
RE: Who would like help Pussy Riot?
I do not think that this petition will do anything. It is Russia after all, you really think that anyone there would care for some Internet petition? Funny.

But I signed it anyway. Just too bad it can't do any impact, as I think that it will gather a lot more signatures that it is their goal at this moment.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
23-08-2012, 06:34 AM
(23-08-2012 01:44 AM)witerat Wrote:  There is petition to help out the Russian feminist punk band sentenced to 2 years for "hooliganism" after singing the Punk Prayer in church in an attempt to demonstrate against the Russian Orthodox Church's support of Vladimir Putin.
Organisers are hoping to get 150,000 signatures, less than 12,000 to go.

http://www.change.org/petitions/free-pus...sionupdate

How about Seal Team 6 takes out Putin?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
23-08-2012, 06:40 AM
I signed it, but I don't think it will make a difference. Doesn't hurt trying though.

[Image: opforum1.png]
23-08-2012, 07:21 AM
I'm like everyone else. I've signed but I really don't think it'll make any difference. Putin wasn't arsed about half of Russia openly protesting against him, he won't care about this.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
23-08-2012, 08:12 AM
I'm not like everyone else, so I didn't sign this. Chas is on the right track. The only way any pressure is going to help is if the UN were to step in, but nothing's getting past the Security Council. Even if Russia didn't veto any sanctions, we know China won't see a need to do anything and the US doesn't need to be seen interfering with Russia right now.
So all this petition is is a way to collect email addresses and give you malware in exchange for signing up. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
23-08-2012, 10:49 AM
While I think it's ridiculous that they were imprisoned for something so harmless, I only signed to contribute to the number. I don't think for a second that Russia will put any consideration into this. I want to see how much support these ladies can get.

[Image: g8g7t.jpg]
23-08-2012, 05:01 PM
While, it is natural to be sceptical of online petition effectiveness, They do do sometimes help turn things around in politics.
And there is no cost to trying, not trying is pointless, at least trying can move things.
[+] 1 user Likes witerat's post
23-08-2012, 05:08 PM
(23-08-2012 08:12 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm not like everyone else, so I didn't sign this. Chas is on the right track. The only way any pressure is going to help is if the UN were to step in, but nothing's getting past the Security Council. Even if Russia didn't veto any sanctions, we know China won't see a need to do anything and the US doesn't need to be seen interfering with Russia right now.
So all this petition is is a way to collect email addresses and give you malware in exchange for signing up. Drinking Beverage

Well said Erx..........................actually I was expecting something elseLaughat
24-08-2012, 01:35 AM
Right. You would go to UN for 3 civilians that broke the Russian law in Russia? C'mon, seriously. Every country has it's own laws, you can not just simply expect that they will act like you want, like you think they should act and like you would like them to act. Of course I think this is retarded, to put them in jail, but what the fuck did anyone expect? They knew very well what will happen. They were prepared and accepted the punishment. Also, they made their case and their message went around the world. Their job is done, the price for this job was 2 years in jail. Simple as that.

This is called "sending a message".

If they had not been pressed with any charges, then no one would have even heard about this, but that would also be a confirmation that Russia is on a good track with people's freedoms and liberties. This punishment now showed the rest of the world how closed and traditional Russia still is.

Care to think this through again?

And I know it was a joke, but SEAL team to kill Putin? Like they would ever get near him... Yeah, a real good joke.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson