Who would live in virtual reality?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Who would live in virtual reality?
If you could be in some virtual reality machine, and pick any heaven like perfect place of your choosing for the rest of your physical life, would you do it. You would be there until your physical body died, and then you would cease to exist. BUT, you would never know you were in a VR world, and it would feel 100% real. So lets say you die of a stroke at 50. at 30 you would go into the VR machine and live 20 years in a fake utopia, but you wouldnt know it was fake. then you would die. who signs up?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2012, 08:55 AM
RE: Who would live in virtual reality?
An interesting idea, BUT what if we are already in a VR world right now? There is still so much more to explore in this world, and I wouldn't want to miss out some of the wonderful experiences present in this world (I always wanted to see a snowy day, maybe some time in the future Big Grin).

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
06-03-2012, 09:13 AM
last i checked this life is not a utopia.It gets more boring every year that you experience. you would be able to set up your VR as awesome as you could make it. the question then becomes, do you get bored of your VR life and then your in the same boat as your real life. when did hugh hefner start to get bored with his life.
06-03-2012, 09:16 AM
[Image: vanilla_sky_8_630_pxlw.jpg]

Why not?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
06-03-2012, 09:27 AM
oh, mr ron paul is back. super tuesday today. after ron paul doesnt win anything today, you can go back to your virtual reality that he will be the nominee.
06-03-2012, 09:55 AM
(06-03-2012 09:27 AM)satan69 Wrote:  oh, mr ron paul is back. super tuesday today. after ron paul doesnt win anything today, you can go back to your virtual reality that he will be the nominee.

I'm not sure if you realize how delegates work. What you see in the news isn't really how delegates are awarded. They are just projections based on vote percentages. Ron Paul has grassroots campaigns in every state that stay long after the caucus/primary specifically to select delegates. Other candidates pale in comparison to his strategy. If we go to Tampa and a brokered convention the delegates from each state will have to select a candidate. Right now Ron Paul is a lock for at least 2nd in a brokered convention. If he continues to chug along taking 2nd or 3rd in each state he will have a great chance of securing delegates that are undecided on Romney or Santorum because of the back and forth they've been doing.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
06-03-2012, 10:00 AM
(06-03-2012 09:13 AM)satan69 Wrote:  last i checked this life is not a utopia.It gets more boring every year that you experience. you would be able to set up your VR as awesome as you could make it. the question then becomes, do you get bored of your VR life and then your in the same boat as your real life. when did hugh hefner start to get bored with his life.

Well, our present world can be considered an utopia to people of the past, with high tech communication and transport devices, and superb utilities. No more walking 10 miles just to get today's water supply and food. A click and a twist is all that is required for food and water to be readily available.

A virtual world of the future, with space warping and world peace. Enjoyable, but will our pleasure last throughout the years? It's how you find perfection in imperfection that makes this world a worthwhile place to live in Smile

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post
06-03-2012, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2012 10:10 AM by satan69.)
GT, This video will more accurately explain your delegates theory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

I dont care if he takes 2nd or 3rd. He wont take first. you need to be first to win the nomination. everything else you say is just noise. Gary Johnson 2012! Live it Love it !
06-03-2012, 10:14 AM
(06-03-2012 10:04 AM)satan69 Wrote:  GT, This video will more accurately explain your delegates theory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

I dont care if he takes 2nd or 3rd. He wont take first. you need to be first to win the nomination. everything else you say is just noise. Gary Johnson 2012! Live it Love it !

Mitt Romney can have more votes and Ron Paul could still get more delegates. If we go to Tampa brokered then it's Paul or Romney. The RNC knows that Santorum and Gingrich can't beat Obama.

-Mark Twain
06-03-2012, 10:21 AM
And to comment properly to the post.

I would love to live on a holodeck. But not all the time, and only if I could know it was fake and control it.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post