Whoops. I "accidentally" banned FZUMedia. My bad.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2012, 12:06 PM
RE: Whoops. I "accidentally" banned FZUMedia. My bad.
Well, I'll stick to chocolate. Tongue

I have always found that I only like this type of music when it's live and I am at the concert.... then it kind of envelopes me and provides some kind of release...

They have done tests with people trying to concentrate and write while listening to music, and they found that different people will each have their own type of music that actually stimulates thinking, but made to listen to other types of music it distracts them and nothing gets done.

So, we all dance to a different beat...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
31-12-2012, 03:21 PM
(31-12-2012 10:43 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(31-12-2012 10:34 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  everyone just needs a frickin hug
I'd say a cigarette. After all that moral masturbation.
Moral masturbation? Laughat

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
31-12-2012, 03:23 PM
(31-12-2012 03:21 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(31-12-2012 10:43 AM)Vera Wrote:  I'd say a cigarette. After all that moral masturbation.
Moral masturbation? Laughat
Indeedy. And just like normal masturbation, it's much more fun for the ones engaging in it. Unless you're into voyeurism, which I'm not.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
31-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Martial Law! -rabble rabble rabble rabble-

Under Repair.
[+] 1 user Likes itsacow's post
31-12-2012, 07:31 PM
(31-12-2012 05:56 AM)bemore Wrote:  I think he should be unbanned until a proper decision is made by the whole of the forum admin team.

FZU said he suffers from autism, so there is a chance that even though you can explain something to him there is no guarantee he would even understand you.

If we banned everybody for making somebody else feel uncomfortable we wouldnt have many members left.

Its justs words on a screen people, your all adding your own drama, not the words.

EDIT: Also would this have happened if stark was still around? If not then why not?
Stark refused to Ban Fuzzy, hence the reason Stark is no longer around because whiners like fuckin' muffsybooboo wouldn't shut the fuck up about it. I was considering it yesterday and was going to look at all the facts this morning, but a rogue mod abused his power that was not his to use and banned a member that the Forum Team was still discussing. The decision was taken out of the Admin's hands. We do not Ban here because you don't like the way someone posts.

Let's take a look at this "bullying" and "harrassment":

Anj: I overcame cancer.

Fuzzy: Liar! And I'm going to prove it to the whole world!

Um...what exactly was he going to prove? She had cancer. Hard to prove she didn't. I just for the life of me can't see a threat here. We're talking about a 20 year old kid from England with autism talking to a grown woman in Texas.

Did he say mean things? Muffsybooboo called me a dick and meant it to the fullest degree. I feel harrassed and bullied. Plus the asshole basically told Woof that he would kill him if he could. Damn, there's a threat if I ever heard one. I'm banning the little fucker tonight.

People need to get a grip.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
31-12-2012, 08:31 PM
So no change then. That's that. Erxy says no change, so no change.

Pull your head out of your ass Erx, like Stark said "It's a good forum. It's just no longer my forum. That's all. No biggie. I'm not upset that the forum evolved beyond my ideas."

This is not the same forum it was back in 2011. It's bigger and more diverse. The rules are out of date. Self moderation doesn't work. More importantly the community I'm sure would appreciate something like a common sense rule.
You forget Erx that this is not your forum, you're simply a member like us. We (TTA members) made those rules, we (TTA members) can and should be able to adjust them to flex and bend with the changes in the community.

This is not your old boy club Erx.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
31-12-2012, 08:40 PM
(31-12-2012 08:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So no change then. That's that. Erxy says no change, so no change.

Pull your head out of your ass Erx, like Stark said "It's a good forum. It's just no longer my forum. That's all. No biggie. I'm not upset that the forum evolved beyond my ideas."

This is not the same forum it was back in 2011. It's bigger and more diverse. The rules are out of date. Self moderation doesn't work. More importantly the community I'm sure would appreciate something like a common sense rule.
You forget Erx that this is not your forum, you're simply a member like us. We (TTA members) made those rules, we (TTA members) can and should be able to adjust them to flex and bend with the changes in the community.

Are you volunteering for the perma-ban next time someone takes offence to you, which in all honesty isn't exactly a rare occurrence? Personally I would think you would be one of the people with the most to lose from the erosion of our free-speech.

Plus, as has already been said by several people, there are loads of atheism forums with tighter controls on free speech, and just us who are so lax. If you want a more controlled form of free-speech and have a choice of ten forums; nine with tighter free-speech rules and one with more relaxed free-speech rules why the hell are you on the latter? And do we really wanna change it so the one forum that is different conforms to become a carbon copy of all the others?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post
31-12-2012, 08:53 PM
(31-12-2012 08:40 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(31-12-2012 08:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So no change then. That's that. Erxy says no change, so no change.

Are you volunteering for the perma-ban next time someone takes offence to you, which in all honesty isn't exactly a rare occurrence? Personally I would think you would be one of the people with the most to lose from the erosion of our free-speech.

Plus, as has already been said by several people, there are loads of atheism forums with tighter controls on free speech, and just us who are so lax. If you want a more controlled form of free-speech and have a choice of ten forums; nine with tighter free-speech rules and one with more relaxed free-speech rules why the hell are you on the latter? And do we really wanna change it so the one forum that is different conforms to become a carbon copy of all the others?
No, it's not erosion of free speech. It's not becoming a carbon copy of the others. You are, and continue to, over thinking this. What I propose will not mean we become like everyone else. They ban people all the time, what I suggest may result in a ban every 1 or 2months or something.
Common sense is common sense. Common sense is not Fascist Germany that you are making it out to be.

As Girly put it, there is too much emotional investment in this corner of the interwebz. Telling me to bugger off elsewhere is like telling someone to move overseas because his party didn't get into power that election.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
31-12-2012, 09:31 PM
(31-12-2012 08:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  No, it's not erosion of free speech. It's not becoming a carbon copy of the others. You are, and continue to, over thinking this. What I propose will not mean we become like everyone else. They ban people all the time, what I suggest may result in a ban every 1 or 2months or something.
Common sense is common sense. Common sense is not Fascist Germany that you are making it out to be.

As Girly put it, there is too much emotional investment in this corner of the interwebz. Telling me to bugger off elsewhere is like telling someone to move overseas because his party didn't get into power that election.

Additional restrictions on what people can and can't say aren't an erosion of free-speech? I'm gonna have to disagree with you there.

Not becoming like everyone else? Somehow I doubt all the other atheist forums would say they ban people on a whim if you asked them, they'd say they used "common sense". So we would becoming a carbon copy of everyone else in my eyes.

Common sense is subjective. Even if we did adopt a common sense policy who's to say my view on common sense is the same as yours? Everyone's is different. We'll still end up with similar situations, there will be people who agree with a decision and people who don't. A common sense policy wouldn't change anything.

Finally, if we had adopted a common sense policy previously may I once again remind you that you probably wouldn't be here to argue about anything. You'd have been perma-banned for perceived racism. Ironic that you're attacking the very approach that saved you your place on here.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
31-12-2012, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2012 09:56 PM by itsacow.)
Since when was the forum a democracy? It is an oligarchy if you ask me.. or would it be an aristocracy.. or a totalitarian state... meh, besides, do we really want to be a cookie cutter forum? I have an idea though. Why not have a forum wide ignore button for members like FMZ? That way, they could troll all they want and no one would have any idea what they are saying. They would then eventually leave out of boredom. Also, in case they actually contribute something of substance to a discussion a mod could unmute that comment. To ease the workload of the mods (heh) have all their comments visible to the forum team.

Under Repair.
[+] 3 users Like itsacow's post