Whoops. I "accidentally" banned FZUMedia. My bad.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2012, 01:26 AM
RE: Whoops. I "accidentally" banned FZUMedia. My bad.
I call BS on him being banned.
If he was going to be banned he would have been.

And if discussion on his banning was to be taken place why the fuck is it taking so long to happen?
This shit happened days ago why were discussions not taken seriously then? Is it only now when a mod speaks up that moderators pay attention and decided to discuss the issue?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2012, 01:29 AM
(31-12-2012 01:26 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I call BS on him being banned.
If he was going to be banned he would have been.

And if discussion on his banning was to be taken place why the fuck is it taking so long to happen?
This shit happened days ago why were discussions not taken seriously then? Is it only now when a mod speaks up that moderators pay attention and decided to discuss the issue?
Because it's Christmas and New Year's maybe... and people are with family and don't have time to be soaked up in forum issues 24/7?

And yes... it was being discussed. A lot. By the FT. BC doing what he did had nothing to do with us "paying attention".

Don't really need to defend this anymore. Not arguing this.

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]
31-12-2012, 02:32 AM
If it was being discussed, and if it "would have probably happened anyway", I truly see no issue in just getting the fucker banned without all of the pointless red tape.

Yeah, we're all "fair", and we want to be "equal" and "just" and "level-headed" and "progressive". We all want to avoid snap decisions based on emotion and want to weigh the pros and cons and make pie-charts and blah blah blah. Meanwhile, bastards like FZU (or Westboro, or Islam) are out there stirring shit and making things hard for people.

Equality is a noble idea. Equal freedom of speech for everyone looks wonderful on paper. In practice, however, there are many issues. FZU was/is free to do and say whatever he pleases. But, he retains that freedom at the expense of others' freedom to be comfortable and content. That's the problem with equal freedom for all. Somebody, at some point, is going to get railed in the ass for the sake of someone else's freedom, because being "free" means being free to encroach upon the freedoms of others. For this reason, equal freedom for all is an absolute joke. It can not work in the real world. It is a self-defeating purpose.

FZU was a twat; he pissed people off; he made people feel uncomfortable; he had nothing of value to contribute and he was driving people to leave the community. And while this was happening, the big-wigs were stuck on the "problem" of fairness and equality. Fuck that. He was banned and it was a good thing for everyone. Some people should not be free to do and say certain things.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Misanthropik's post
31-12-2012, 02:45 AM
^ Just had to like that to make your likes received 666...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
31-12-2012, 02:48 AM
(31-12-2012 02:32 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  If it was being discussed, and if it "would have probably happened anyway", I truly see no issue in just getting the fucker banned without all of the pointless red tape.
Really?

What about a court of law? What if a judge says "Well, I think the jury is going to convict this guy so I'll just accidentally pass down a sentence and send his unlikeable ass to prison, all on my own initiative."?

How many of us would be OK with that? Judges applying vigilante justice was a real problem (still is a real problem in lots of places) that we mostly avoid (at least in the U.S.) by enforcing due process of the law. Failing to enforce due process can lead to rampant corruption and chaotic legal enforcement that is only marginally better than having no laws at all.

Sure, this is a silly forum, it's not a legal court, the gravity of what's done or not done is not even close to the same scale, but the idea is still the same. We have rules. When people break the rules, we have mods who can enforce those rules and/or hand out punishments according to the rules. When someone takes it into their own hands to ignore the rules and apply his own vigilante mod-justice, then we don't have rules anymore. vigilante moderation is only marginally better than having no rules at all.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
31-12-2012, 03:21 AM
Vigilante justice is not always a good idea, but at times, depending on the circumstances, it most certainly is.

As I said, the guy was blatantly making things difficult for people. He was a turd in the punch bowl, out in the open, and causing members - some of whom I actually liked - to leave in order to avoid his pointless behavior. From what I've seen, the ONLY thing keeping him from getting booted was a continuous scrutiny of the official Ten Commandments of the forum and the question of whether or not he had technically violated any of them. "Well, he's giving people hell and he SUCKS to be around, but he only fits 9 out of 10 requirements for an *official* violation, so we can't really do anything..."

So, in light of this nonsense, someone stepped up - beyond the parameters of the circle-jerk of mods and their technicalities - and banned the prick. He targeted a problem, and eliminated it.

In this instance, and in this arena, yes, I approve of such action.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
31-12-2012, 03:31 AM
If this thing fucks up our little family I will be VERY upset. And you won't like when I'm me upset...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 5 users Like Filox's post
31-12-2012, 03:38 AM
Here's my opinion.

I was under the impression that FZU was harassing Anjele personally initially via the PM, and later through the thread Anjele set up. Based on this I felt that he broke the rule on "No Threats", where " Bullying and harassment fall under this category and will be dealt with on a case by case basis", thus potentially justifying the ban placed on him. However, I'm concerned with one thing. Are there any other things that could justify his banning? He's delusional in a sense, but is he even aware of himself hurting others?

Just a few cents Smile

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post
31-12-2012, 03:39 AM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2012 03:45 AM by GirlyMan.)
(31-12-2012 12:06 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  ... so I went ahead and "accidentally" clicked the ban button.

Oh my, you might wanna get checked out for Parkinson's or epilepsy if that continues. ... But accidents do happen.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
31-12-2012, 03:41 AM
Quote:but is he even aware of himself hurting others?
He seemed to notice it, but he acted like he didn't care.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.