Whoops. I "accidentally" banned FZUMedia. My bad.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2012, 05:56 AM
RE: Whoops. I "accidentally" banned FZUMedia. My bad.
I think he should be unbanned until a proper decision is made by the whole of the forum admin team.

FZU said he suffers from autism, so there is a chance that even though you can explain something to him there is no guarantee he would even understand you.

If we banned everybody for making somebody else feel uncomfortable we wouldnt have many members left.

Its justs words on a screen people, your all adding your own drama, not the words.

EDIT: Also would this have happened if stark was still around? If not then why not?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
31-12-2012, 05:58 AM
(31-12-2012 05:54 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  "Your abusive husband stopped by your house and threatened you. And now he's following you around in public and hanging out on the street in front of your house. You can't sleep at night as a result and you're contemplating moving out of town altogether because of it. But when he stopped by your house an threatened you; that was only one time. Psh, come on. Plus, the streets are public places. It's his right to be there."

You and I would call "bullshit" if such a thing happened. And yet, something similar has occured here, and when the problem has been remedied, it's a big issue.

Perhaps this place is a little too open-minded. How ironic.

As has been said in another thread there are millions of atheist forums that don't allow our level of free-speech and only us that does.

Maybe anyone with an issue with our way of doing things should go to one of those other forums rather than trying to change the one forum that is different into a carbon copy of all the others. How's that for an idea?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
31-12-2012, 05:59 AM
(31-12-2012 05:56 AM)bemore Wrote:  I think he should be unbanned until a proper decision is made by the whole of the forum admin team.

FZU said he suffers from autism, so there is a chance that even though you can explain something to him there is no guarantee he would even understand you.

If we banned everybody for making somebody else feel uncomfortable we wouldnt have many members left.

Its justs words on a screen people, your all adding your own drama, not the words.

EDIT: Also would this have happened if stark was still around? If not then why not?

Weirdly enough mods can ban but not unban. Only Erx can unban him.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
31-12-2012, 06:01 AM
(31-12-2012 05:56 AM)bemore Wrote:  I think he should be unbanned until a proper decision is made by the whole of the forum admin team.

That's very true. But if, for whatever reason, the words "I love ice cream" made someone feel extremely uncomfortable - even threatened - would I not be an asshole for intentionally running around saying "I love ice cream!" for the sake of upsetting them?

Personally, I've not felt harassed or threatened by the kid. I couldn't care less about him. When I smell shit, I simply plug my nose. But not everyone is that way. Some people let it get to them and allow it to influence their decisions. If this continues to happen, over and over and over with the same person, how can we possibly justify not putting our foot down?

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-12-2012, 06:03 AM
(31-12-2012 05:58 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(31-12-2012 05:54 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  "Your abusive husband stopped by your house and threatened you. And now he's following you around in public and hanging out on the street in front of your house. You can't sleep at night as a result and you're contemplating moving out of town altogether because of it. But when he stopped by your house an threatened you; that was only one time. Psh, come on. Plus, the streets are public places. It's his right to be there."

You and I would call "bullshit" if such a thing happened. And yet, something similar has occured here, and when the problem has been remedied, it's a big issue.

Perhaps this place is a little too open-minded. How ironic.

As has been said in another thread there are millions of atheist forums that don't allow our level of free-speech and only us that does.

Maybe anyone with an issue with our way of doing things should go to one of those other forums rather than trying to change the one forum that is different into a carbon copy of all the others. How's that for an idea?

"America is a CHRISTIAN nation! If you don't like it you can git out! Sound good?"

Well done.

[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
31-12-2012, 06:05 AM
(31-12-2012 05:59 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  

Weirdly enough mods can ban but not unban. Only Erx can unban him.
Well it's settled then, he'll be unbanned momentarily.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
31-12-2012, 06:29 AM
How comes that freedom of speech is more important for those who troll, and damage the forum?

I have no idea how there is even a discussion about people like that? How do you just hide behind "dealt with on a case by case basis"?? And then wait until valuable forum members leave.
You add one fucking rule "No bullying / harassment" and that is all you need to do.
This forum is getting too big to moderate itself and the rules and the moderation should adjust to that.
I know that moderating is a bitch and noone ever really says thank you, but you wouldn't be mod/admin if you wouldn't want to be that.
I have been mod and admin for many years, I put lots of time and effort in, and guess what, although there were always rules (not a so called case by case basis) about bullying and harassment in place, noone ever felt like there is no freedom of speech.

But yeah, keep the trolls and stop caring for those who are actually valuable for this place.

Over and out

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
[+] 7 users Like Leela's post
31-12-2012, 06:37 AM
(31-12-2012 06:29 AM)Leela Wrote:  How comes that freedom of speech is more important for those who troll, and damage the forum?

I have no idea how there is even a discussion about people like that? How do you just hide behind "dealt with on a case by case basis"?? And then wait until valuable forum members leave.
You add one fucking rule "No bullying / harassment" and that is all you need to do.
This forum is getting too big to moderate itself and the rules and the moderation should adjust to that.
I know that moderating is a bitch and noone ever really says thank you, but you wouldn't be mod/admin if you wouldn't want to be that.
I have been mod and admin for many years, I put lots of time and effort in, and guess what, although there were always rules (not a so called case by case basis) about bullying and harassment in place, noone ever felt like there is no freedom of speech.

But yeah, keep the trolls and stop caring for those who are actually valuable for this place.

Over and out

I re-iterate. There are millions of atheist forums that don't allow so much free-speech. There is one that does. Why can't you people who prefer less free-speech, and have the whole internet to choose from, allow us who value it more to have one fucking forum! Just one?! You have endless choice of forums, we have one, yet you are now trying to change ours to be a carbon copy of the others. Why?!

Best
Worst
31-12-2012, 06:39 AM
(31-12-2012 06:37 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(31-12-2012 06:29 AM)Leela Wrote:  How comes that freedom of speech is more important for those who troll, and damage the forum?

Over and out

I re-iterate. There are millions of atheist forums that don't allow so much free-speech. There is one that does. Why can't you people who prefer less free-speech, and have the whole internet to choose from, allow us who value it more to have one fucking forum! Just one?! You have endless choice of forums, we have one, yet you are now trying to change ours to be a carbon copy of the others. Why?!

As per your free-speech policy, we are simply stating our opinions regarding the fact that free speech can and does detriment people. You seem to have a major problem with that.

Why?

Edit: You've also failed to answer my question. If someone is detrimenting/harming others day after day, continuously, how can you possibly justify not putting your foot down?

[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
31-12-2012, 06:42 AM
(31-12-2012 06:39 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  As per your free-speech policy, we are simply stating our opinions regarding the fact that free speech can and does detriment people. You seem to have a major problem with that.
Why?

State it all you want. Just don't expect to get your own way. And don't expect me to refrain in using my free-speech to air my opinions on what you are saying.

I may not like what you are saying. I may even ridicule it, or deride it, or mock it. But notice I haven't made any attempt to stop you, which I easily could do. That is what this forum has always been about and should still be about.

Best
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post