Whoops. I "accidentally" banned FZUMedia. My bad.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Whoops. I "accidentally" banned FZUMedia. My bad.
So here's the thing. Roughly 873 people were complaining and threatening to leave and the mods couldn't decide if he had technically broken any rules and we didn't want to become like all the Christian forums... so I went ahead and "accidentally" clicked the ban button. I'll take all the blame and accept any repercussions. Everyone just shut the fuck up now and enjoy the forum.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 15 users Like Buddy Christ's post
31-12-2012, 12:24 AM
RE: Whoops. I "accidentally" banned FZUMedia. My bad.
Good shit son.

+10 points for you.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
31-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Again, the mods all hated him, but didn't want to start a precedent of banning people due to popularity contests. Ultimately though, I felt that this forum is a place for (primarily) atheists to relax, have fun, and share ideas with each other and FZU was causing unease and a sudden desire to quickly find another forum to hang out. He was basically a spam bot using coherent (mostly) sentences. He was Justin Bieber at a jazz club, forcing all the talented musicians to head for the door.

Someone needed to push the button, but no one wanted to make that statement. So I'll be the martyr and/or savior. This isn't the start of a witch hunt. This is just me clearing the forum nose of boogers so we can breathe a little better in here.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 11 users Like Buddy Christ's post
31-12-2012, 12:40 AM
So there we have it. Apparently the rules can go fuck themselves and mods can go behind everyone's back and ban anyone they feel like on a whim. What a fantastic precedent to celebrate.

How long has Stark been gone for? A few days? And we've already decided to fuck his fair minded and level headed way of doing things.

This is bullshit.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 5 users Like Hughsie's post
31-12-2012, 12:41 AM
(31-12-2012 12:40 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  So there we have it. Apparently the rules can go fuck themselves and mods can go behind everyone's back and ban anyone they feel like on a whim. What a fantastic precedent to celebrate.

How long has Stark been gone for? A few days? And we've already decided to fuck his fair minded and level headed way of doing things.

This is bullshit.
This.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
31-12-2012, 12:49 AM
(31-12-2012 12:40 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  So there we have it. Apparently the rules can go fuck themselves and mods can go behind everyone's back and ban anyone they feel like on a whim. What a fantastic precedent to celebrate.

This is bullshit.

(31-12-2012 12:41 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

This is bullshit.
This.

This and this is why there was no action being taken.

I would like to inform the forum that the option to "unban" him is already being discussed.

I think I'm gonna go find Stark and lucradis and hang out for a while. You guys work it out.

31-12-2012, 12:53 AM
(31-12-2012 12:49 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  This and this is why there was no action being taken.

I would like to inform the forum that the option to "unban" him is already being discussed.

I think I'm gonna go find Stark and lucradis and hang out for a while. You guys work it out.

He wasn't banned because he hadn't done anything worth banning for.

And since when has 'banned until we decide something' ever been an option?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
31-12-2012, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2012 01:07 AM by kingschosen.)
And also, since when is discussing topics outside the mod forum for the rest of the forum "okay", BC?

Yes, talks of unbanning him are already being discussed because, like Hughsie said, he hadn't done anything bannable. Moreover, that information is proprietary and doesn't need to be made public... this isn't the first time you've done this, either.

31-12-2012, 01:08 AM
You're seriously going to unban the cunt?
BC was using a bit of common sense.

Nobody wants FZU here, he is like a bit of gum stuck to the sole of your good pair of shoes.
The forum is not going to suddenly implode because one low-life piece of shit was banned!

God fucking damn.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
31-12-2012, 01:18 AM
(31-12-2012 01:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You're seriously going to unban the cunt?
BC was using a bit of common sense.

Nobody wants FZU here, he is like a bit of gum stuck to the sole of your good pair of shoes.
The forum is not going to suddenly implode because one low-life piece of shit was banned!

God fucking damn.
Nobody's doing anything right now.

Obviously, this is something that will be discussed and all options will be explored.

Also, it has nothing to do with FZU and how unlikable he was. He was banned without FT and admin approval. Until his recent rash of violations were properly reviewed and a decision was reached on what to do, he should have not been banned.

Would he have been banned? Probably... given his disregard to FT wishes and repetitious breaking of Rule #3... but, no decision was made at the time of his banning.

That's the problem. That's why it's an unfair banning.

Just to note: up until is recent and repeating actions towards another member, he hadn't done anything against the rules. We were in the process of determining to what extent he broke them the most recent time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Are all PC food containers banned or is it just for babies ? HU.Junyuan 2 63 19-04-2014 06:31 AM
Last Post: Cathym112
  Banned Richard Stuckmeyer 114 4,980 04-02-2013 08:36 PM
Last Post: Drunkin Druid
  Threat to out me from FZUMedia via messages Anjele 268 8,246 29-12-2012 03:42 PM
Last Post: Momsurroundedbyboys
  Anal sex is banned in USA ! Srsly?! Jedah 9 1,525 08-06-2012 11:47 AM
Last Post: Stark Raving
  Kate Upton dance banned from YouTube. Really? germanyt 14 959 04-05-2012 10:50 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan