Whoops. I "accidentally" banned FZUMedia. My bad.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2012, 06:43 AM
RE: Whoops. I "accidentally" banned FZUMedia. My bad.
(31-12-2012 06:39 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Edit: You've also failed to answer my question. If someone is detrimenting/harming others day after day, continuously, how can you possibly justify not putting your foot down?

Like I said, there are a million other atheist forums with stricter rules. I'm not stopping anyone from leaving. Stark always said this place isn't for everyone, and he was right.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2012, 06:48 AM
(31-12-2012 06:42 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(31-12-2012 06:39 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  As per your free-speech policy, we are simply stating our opinions regarding the fact that free speech can and does detriment people. You seem to have a major problem with that.
Why?

State it all you want. Just don't expect to get your own way. And don't expect me to refrain in using my free-speech to air my opinions on what you are saying.

I may not like what you are saying. I may even ridicule it, or deride it, or mock it. But notice I haven't made any attempt to stop you, which I easily could do. That is what this forum has always been about and should still be about.

1) Why do you assume an expression of my opinion has been an attempt to "get my own way"?

2) I agree that this forum should allow freedom of speech. In fact, it's one of the things I first noticed about this place when I arrived. It really is different from other forums, in the best of ways. However, the issue is not with freedom of speech; it is with total freedom of speech regardless of the speech's consequences. Stopping me from expressing my opinion - whether one agrees with it or not - is a bad thing. True. But if what I say hurts others; if I know it hurts others; and I continue to do it anyway, how do you justify allowing me to continue to say it? (He asked for the 3rd time)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
31-12-2012, 06:50 AM
(31-12-2012 06:43 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(31-12-2012 06:39 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Edit: You've also failed to answer my question. If someone is detrimenting/harming others day after day, continuously, how can you possibly justify not putting your foot down?

Like I said, there are a million other atheist forums with stricter rules. I'm not stopping anyone from leaving. Stark always said this place isn't for everyone, and he was right.
That's not an answer. That's a side-step. There are millions of other forums; great. Perhaps I'm a part of them as well - you have no idea. But that's completely irrelevant to my question.

31-12-2012, 06:51 AM
(31-12-2012 06:50 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  That's not an answer. That's a side-step. There are millions of other forums; great. Perhaps I'm a part of them as well - you have no idea. But that's completely irrelevant to my question.

It is an answer. Anyone who cannot handle being here doesn't have to be here. They are free to go whenever they want. If they stay it's not us subjective them to anything, it's themselves.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
31-12-2012, 06:52 AM
(31-12-2012 06:48 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  1) Why do you assume an expression of my opinion has been an attempt to "get my own way"?

2) I agree that this forum should allow freedom of speech. In fact, it's one of the things I first noticed about this place when I arrived. It really is different from other forums, in the best of ways. However, the issue is not with freedom of speech; it is with total freedom of speech regardless of the speech's consequences. Stopping me from expressing my opinion - whether one agrees with it or not - is a bad thing. True. But if what I say hurts others; if I know it hurts others; and I continue to do it anyway, how do you justify allowing me to continue to say it? (He asked for the 3rd time)

Free-speech is good except when people can say whatever they like.

Great argument you got there.

Best
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
31-12-2012, 06:55 AM
(31-12-2012 06:42 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(31-12-2012 06:39 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  As per your free-speech policy, we are simply stating our opinions regarding the fact that free speech can and does detriment people. You seem to have a major problem with that.
Why?

State it all you want. Just don't expect to get your own way. And don't expect me to refrain in using my free-speech to air my opinions on what you are saying.

I may not like what you are saying. I may even ridicule it, or deride it, or mock it. But notice I haven't made any attempt to stop you, which I easily could do. That is what this forum has always been about and should still be about.
No. You are making this out to be something it's not.
FZU should have been banned with the whole FZU/Anjele.
I agree mods shouldn't ban based on opinion, that's not what I am proposing.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
31-12-2012, 06:55 AM
(31-12-2012 06:51 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(31-12-2012 06:50 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  That's not an answer. That's a side-step. There are millions of other forums; great. Perhaps I'm a part of them as well - you have no idea. But that's completely irrelevant to my question.

It is an answer. Anyone who cannot handle being here doesn't have to be here. They are free to go whenever they want. If they stay it's not us subjective them to anything, it's themselves.
If someone is continuously being harmed by the words of others, how do you justify allowing the antagonist to continue?

31-12-2012, 06:56 AM
(31-12-2012 06:55 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  No. You are making this out to be something it's not.
FZU should have been banned with the whole FZU/Anjele.
I agree mods shouldn't ban based on opinion, that's not what I am proposing.

He really shouldn't have been banned. He did nothing worthy of a ban.

Best
Worst
(31-12-2012 06:55 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  If someone is continuously being harmed by the words of others, how do you justify allowing the antagonist to continue?

They have the power to stop the antagonist cold in their track by simply logging out.

Best
Worst
(31-12-2012 06:52 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(31-12-2012 06:48 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  1) Why do you assume an expression of my opinion has been an attempt to "get my own way"?

Free-speech is good except when people can say whatever they like.

Great argument you got there.
A strawman, now?