Whose leg do you have to hump to get a drink around here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2015, 05:04 AM
Whose leg do you have to hump to get a drink around here?
Ok, so now I've started to establish myself - don't worry, I'll clean it up - I'd better knock up something by way of a proper introduction.

Okay, so my name is Steve and I'm from the UK, from a little town called Walsall in the beating heart of the Black Country (let's see someone try and make something out of that).

My interests include classic comedy (Laurel and Hardy, Will Hay, The Goodies, The Goons, Tony Hancock etc), classic Sci Fi film and TV (proper Doctor Who, classic Star Trek, Sapphire and Steel etc), as well as non-geeky activities involving those soft, squidgy, rounded creatures with the interesting shirt bumps. I have been in a beautiful relationship with the most perfect woman I shall ever meet, but it was taken away from me five years ago. She was only 31. That's all I want to say about that for now.

I've always been an atheist, religion has never played any part in my life at all, though my actual identification as an atheist only really happened when I got my hands on the internet back in 2003 and I chanced across the excellent Jesus Never Existed site. From there, it was an easy transition to the JNE forum, from where I branched into the old EvilBible forum. After that melted down, I along with others in the Great Diaspora migrated to the Connecticut Valley Atheists forum, before that got swamped under a biblical proportion of spam. The survivors diverged at that point, with many of us discovering landfall at AF.org, where I slowly rose through the ranks to Moderator, and recently Administrator. And now I'm here writing this introduction.

As to the name Stimbo: many moons ago, my nephew Chris (now almost 26) had a child's way of pronouncing my name - I was his Uggle Steebum. Flash forward about fifteen years to when his sister Rosie was about the same age and we told her what Chris used to call me. She rendered Steebum first as the charming Steebum (!), before evolving it to Stimbo. And Stimbo I shall forever be.

Spending your life waiting for the messiah to come and save the world is like waiting around for the straight piece to come in Tetris. Even if it comes, by that time you've accumulated a mountain of shit so high that you're fucked no matter what you do.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like Stimbo's post
29-03-2015, 05:47 AM
RE: Whose leg do you have to hump to get a drink around here?
Another bar that I go to, same old faces. Welcome Ol chap. Wanna buy me a beer or 10?
Find all posts by this user
29-03-2015, 06:10 AM
Why not. Got any money?

Spending your life waiting for the messiah to come and save the world is like waiting around for the straight piece to come in Tetris. Even if it comes, by that time you've accumulated a mountain of shit so high that you're fucked no matter what you do.
[+] 1 user Likes Stimbo's post
29-03-2015, 06:18 AM
Hello! A beer would come in handy right now...
[+] 1 user Likes Alex K's post
29-03-2015, 06:19 AM
Stick a large vodka in it and you're on.

[+] 1 user Likes Stimbo's post
29-03-2015, 06:45 AM
The UK? Huh....
I don't know why but this entire time I thought you were from Australia....

I guess for a Yank that's close enough. Tongue
(J/K)

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like LostLocke's post
29-03-2015, 07:42 AM
Hi! Nice intro.

I haven't ventured over to AF. I'm Nurse. Nice to meet you Smile

No can do for drinks on Sunday morning in my neck of the woods (southeastern US). We still have blue laws.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
29-03-2015, 07:51 AM
(29-03-2015 07:42 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Hi! Nice intro.

I haven't ventured over to AF. I'm Nurse. Nice to meet you Smile

No can do for drinks on Sunday morning in my neck of the woods (southeastern US). We still have blue laws.

"You people" stock up all week, and roll the "bar out onto the veranda", and you know it. Tongue
(I need to move to Atlanta and make my friends move back there with me).

I discovered yesterday (well heard about it), that the New York Racing Commission allows no (horse) betting on Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday. Facepalm
WTAF ? What does that say about what they think they're up on a regular basis ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
29-03-2015, 08:06 AM
[Image: bar_zpsvbxhz54y.jpeg]

Cheers!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
29-03-2015, 08:12 AM
To answer your question: it depends on how good-looking you are.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 1 user Likes One Above All's post