Why?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2015, 05:42 PM
RE: Why?
This frood knows where HIS towel is...................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2015, 05:51 PM
(04-05-2015 04:45 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The correct answer is 42

I think the answer is........grilled cheese sandwiches.....42 of them.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
04-05-2015, 06:30 PM
(04-05-2015 03:57 PM)ii kagen ni shiro Wrote:  1. You don’t like the 10 commandments

2. You don’t believe Jesus is the God of the Old Testament

3. You believe the bible is full of errors and contradictions

4. You went to church and saw the hypocrisy of the pastors, priests and their ridiculous traditions

5. You believe evidence is against the existence of a supreme being

6. You see the suffering and the human condition in this world and you therefore don’t understand how a Merciful God could allow this

7. Something else

Well, you've convinced me! Where do I sign up?
04-05-2015, 06:43 PM
(04-05-2015 03:57 PM)ii kagen ni shiro Wrote:  1. You don’t like the 10 commandments
which ones? Because he gives two different versions. The second are just odd. Was boiling a baby goat in its mother's milk such a big problem they had to make a law about it? And why would you have to sacrifice all, including the human, firstborn?

Quote:2. You don’t believe Jesus is the God of the Old Testament

Because he clearly wasn't. The god of the old testament was clearly just one among a pantheon of gods that was later altered to be "the one god." Jesus is not mentioned ever. Indeed, the divinity of Jesus was only divided as a matter of doctrine in the third (?) century CE.
Quote:3. You believe the bible is full of errors and contradictions

Because it is. Bats aren't birds, pi isn't three, and you don't cure leprosy by sprinkling dove blood on the afflicted. Also, is it works or faith that's required? How many people were present at the resurrection?
Quote:4. You went to church and saw the hypocrisy of the pastors, priests and their ridiculous traditions

Nope. My pastors and those involved with the church were honest people doing the best they could. I have nothing against them.
Quote:5. You believe evidence is against the existence of a supreme being

I believe that evidence has not been presented, and as each argument presented is bad I have to make the best judgement I can. If you have good evidence I'll listen.

Quote:6. You see the suffering and the human condition in this world and you therefore don’t understand how a Merciful God could allow this

7. Something else

I got one theist to admit that god hates little babies since he allows them to be born suffering. But that's besides the point.

If you believe in a god, demonstrate it. You claim there is a merciful god that wants a relationship desperately. Yet you can't produce him.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
04-05-2015, 07:00 PM
Why?
It's not rocket science.

No evidence, no belief.
Show evidence, we'll talk.

Not sure what's tripping you up, sunshine.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
04-05-2015, 08:58 PM
I like turtles.
05-05-2015, 01:11 AM

2. You don’t believe Jesus is the God of the Old Testament

3. You believe the bible is full of errors and contradictions

4. You went to church and saw the hypocrisy of the pastors, priests and their ridiculous traditions

5. You believe evidence is against the existence of a supreme being

6. You see the suffering and the human condition in this world and you therefore don’t understand how a Merciful God could allow this

7. Something else

1. It's not about liking them. These commandments are nothing special.
2. Cause there is no reason to think that god exists. And Jesus if he indeed lived, was jus a man.
3. I do not believe it. It is fact.
4. I don't go to the church.
5. No. There is no evidence supporting claim about supreme being existing.
6. Indeed, cause this make no sense. Simpler and more sensible explanation would be that there is no god, and universe simply is incapable of caring. As Kotarbiński said: "Considering amount of evil int the world it would be blasphemy to say that god exists".

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
07-05-2015, 10:13 AM
Because.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
07-05-2015, 03:05 PM

Ok i'll give you a break down.

I. I am the Lord thy God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

I didn't come out of egupt. He's obvious talking to the Hebrews. And it's also a lie. Even in the bible after moses there is a ton of slavery. And had this been a true story. Slavery is still going today. Maybe not in america, but parts of the Middle East, Africa, South America , and Asia.

II: Thou Shalt have no other Gods before me.

This sounds self centered, very threatening almost like it's coming from someone that isn't confident in himself. If he's the only god why bother saying this? Maybe because there were a hundred different god's people were thinking up at a the time? Pay no attention to that god over there, just me. This is made to scare and control primitive people.

III: Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.
Don't carve or sculpt any images? So gods against art? Oh wait..

[Image: nFbodOq.jpg]

[Image: Brits-to-Rio-Leave-Jesus-statue-at-home-...-large.jpg]

[Image: sistine-chapel-404_680767c.jpg]

[Image: 2007BM5740_michelangelo_david_plaster_cast.jpg]

We can see how serious even the religious take this commandment.

IV:Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.

God damn it! Is god his name? Isn't it Yahweh? Jesus H. Christ! This is so confusing. This is basically trying controlling what you say.What would it be to an all powerful being if a few of his followers shouted out his name when they were frustrated. Just silly.

V: Honor thy father and thy mother.
I've know plenty of parents that shouldn't be respected, or honored by their kids. Honor like respect is earned not given.
One example, My wife never knew her father. When she was a baby her mother ran away with her two daughters. Her mother made this distinction when she caught her dad was putting cigarettes out her skin. He would use the money that they needed for baby supplies on beer or drugs. Her father will never be honored, nor remembered. In fact Fuck that guy!

VI: Thou Shalt Not Murder.
Duh. This should be given knowledge. I don't want to be killed so I shouldn't kill. But Religion never really seemed to have a problem with murder. So long as you stamped it with the approve of God. Just Look at Northern Ireland, The Middle East, the Inquisition. The Crusades,and the World Trade Center.

VII: Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery.
Don't Cheat on your Partner. Ok.

VIII:Thou Shalt Not Steal.
Another given. But circumstantial. If a poor mother is walking past a mansion. And she see's apples that have fallen from a apple tree to the ground. If she takes these to feed her starving child. Is it considered stealing? And if it is, is an eternity of torture going justify it? Objects can be replaced.

IX: Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Don't lie. Just say that. But lying is in our nature. Being social animals we want others to like us. (most of the time) How many times have you smiled but didn't really feel happy. Agreed with a dumb idea, just to speed up a processes. Tell your wife she looked thin in a dress not to hurt her feelings. Lie isn't all around bad.

X:Thou Shalt not Covet your neighbors goods.
Your neighbor gets a new 80' plasma screen smart TV, you want one. I don't see how this is evil. It keeps the economy going.

Now these are the popular ones that I'm sure you are talking about. But there is around 613 or more commandments. I'm sure you don't worry about those. So why should I?

Also check out George Carlin's 10 commandments.

(04-05-2015 03:57 PM)ii kagen ni shiro Wrote:  2. You don’t believe Jesus is the God of the Old Testament
I don't believe in Jesus. Let alone the God of the Old Testament. If there was a Jesus, i'm sure his stories have been greatly inflated over the years. If you want to see how easily people fall into belief look into Jim Jones. If you look at the beginning of the People Temple he comes off as a great guy. But in truth he had dark goals. If he was killed or died earlier people may still be believing in his teachings.

(04-05-2015 03:57 PM)ii kagen ni shiro Wrote:  3. You believe the bible is full of errors and contradictions.
Believing and knowing are two different things.

John 10: My Father and I (Jesus) are one.
John 14: My Father is Greater than I (Jesus)

Psalm 92: The righteous shall flourish.
Isaiah 57: The righteous shall perish from the earth.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Biblical_contradictions

(04-05-2015 03:57 PM)ii kagen ni shiro Wrote:  4. You went to church and saw the hypocrisy of the pastors, priests and their ridiculous traditions
I didn't really have a problem when I was going to church outside of the 2 hour masses. When I would rather be outside playing with my friends or really anything else beside sitting on a unconformable wooden pew.

(04-05-2015 03:57 PM)ii kagen ni shiro Wrote:  5. You believe evidence is against the existence of a supreme being
The first thing you need to do is define what a supreme being is. Then I could tell you if any evidence would support such a clam. But in all likelihood you don't have any evidence. And pointing at a tree isn't evidence.

(04-05-2015 03:57 PM)ii kagen ni shiro Wrote:  6. You see the suffering and the human condition in this world and you therefore don’t understand how a Merciful God could allow this
If a God has the power to end suffering, but dose not. Then he is cruel.
If a God dose not have the power to end suffering. Then why call him a God?

(04-05-2015 03:57 PM)ii kagen ni shiro Wrote:  7. Something else
Years. Seeing prays working the same as not praying. Hearing not a few but hundreds of different views on the matter. Constant battle with myself, trying to understand it all. Delving into science to try to see if i could find god. Learning different religions, different stand points different cults. I learned to be skeptical. and these are just few a points.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 5 users Like Commonsensei's post
07-05-2015, 03:35 PM
Holy shit and 2 trolls aren't enough ? Call of the wild and that Q dude isn't enough? The gods of atheism are playing a huge joke on us. Facepalm

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes