Poll: Why are you an atheist?
This poll is closed.
You don’t like the 10 commandments 0% 0 0%
You don’t believe Jesus is the God of the Old Testament 0% 0 0%
You believe the bible is full of errors and contradictions 0% 0 0%
You went to church and saw the hypocrisy of the pastors, priests and their ridiculous traditions 0% 0 0%
You believe evidence is against the existence of a supreme being 37.50% 9 37.50%
You see the suffering and the human condition in this world and you therefore don’t understand how a Merciful God could allow this 4.17% 1 4.17%
Something else 58.33% 14 58.33%
Total 24 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Why?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2015, 04:32 PM
Why?
I have always wondered why it is that some people are atheists. I would very much like to know why. Where the reasons behind that decision come from. And what they are. And so I figured I would do a poll as my first post.

Pure Truth : http://shinkairi.blogspot.com/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2015, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2015 04:56 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
RE: Why?
(04-05-2015 04:32 PM)ii kagen ni shiro Wrote:  I have always wondered why it is that some people are atheists. I would very much like to know why. Where the reasons behind that decision come from. And what they are. And so I figured I would do a poll as my first post.

I have always wondered why it is that some people are theists. I would very much like to know why. Where the reasons behind that decision come from. And what they are....considering that to believe in one of the 4500+ fabricated religions, or one of the 40,000+ different strains of xtianity, goes against everything we know about the world we live in.... Since we know that no one who EVER wrote of jesus, actually knew him...and that the synoptic gospels were not written by Mark, Matthew, Luke and John, and that there exists ZERO evidence jesus ever historically existed, and that all of the bible major stories are disproven: YEC, global flood, exodus, and resurrection..etc

Perhaps you would like a free education on your choice of delusion? let me know, it is what I do.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 11 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
04-05-2015, 04:52 PM
(04-05-2015 04:32 PM)ii kagen ni shiro Wrote:  I have always wondered why it is that some people are atheists. I would very much like to know why. Where the reasons behind that decision come from. And what they are. And so I figured I would do a poll as my first post.

Seriously, again? Same question, same answer: there is insufficient evidence for the existence of any gods.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post
04-05-2015, 05:00 PM

I'm going to have to go with 'something else', though a few of the options are accurate; for instance I don't think Jesus was the god of the old testament: Far as I know (which is relatively little), he never tried to pass himself off as Yahweh Sabaoth, the Lord of the Hosts...
It's not that I believe the bible is rife with error; belief does not enter into a demonstrable thing.
The problem of evil isn't necessarily a deciding factor, but it is a useful paradox regarding deities proclaimed as omnibenevolent.
I don't like any versions of the ten commandments, there were several after all and between them only a handful of remotely good things are present; plus when part of your list is basically amounts to "Love me! Don't look at other deities!"

When it is down to it, the reason atheists don't believe in gods is because we feel there is insufficient evidence to establish the claim; some go further and say there is no certainly deity, but even they start at the base of "ain't no evidence here".

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
04-05-2015, 05:02 PM
I remember standing before the creator of the universe and accepting the title of prophet. That's definitely something else. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-05-2015, 05:11 PM
Can we choose more than one?
04-05-2015, 05:33 PM
Smile RE: Why?
(04-05-2015 04:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Seriously, again? Same question, same answer: there is insufficient evidence for the existence of any gods.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?

In our secular world evidence is of paramount importance.
Life, quite apart from our errors, comes across as quite gross.
I do not like the word 'gods' which seems to indicate superior 'human types..
As for evolution, there could also be a form of spiritual evolution.
An evolution very largely beyond our current cognitive abilities.
Such can neither be confirmed or denied.
How we label personal life is of course relevant and a continuing identity
does not seen feasible. However aspects of ongoing consciousness
just might evolve in meaningful ways beyond absolute extinction.
By demanding evidence in order to speculate we may well be short
changing ourselves.................

Unable to vote on this due to continuing bans.
04-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Well it's like this, I got on this forum as a bible-believing evangelical, but after seeing all of these crazy Christians get on this forum rubbing Jesus in the face of everyone like dog poo, making MULTIPLE posts about the same thing, I decided to quit Christianity. Thumbsup

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
04-05-2015, 05:40 PM
(04-05-2015 05:33 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Unable to vote on this due to continuing bans.

Maybe if you keep bringing it up they will give you free rein again. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
04-05-2015, 05:46 PM
Pffft. Hahahahaha. You don't get to ask the questions, you get to provide the evidence for the claims.

I'll be waiting. Girl_nails

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.