Why Am I Not Flourishing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2010, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2010 04:06 PM by ebilekittae.)
Why Am I Not Flourishing?
My dad posted this on his Facebook while I was sleeping:

Quote:"Yes, and everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.
But evil people and impostors will flourish. They will deceive others and will themselves be deceived.
But you must remain faithful to the things you have been taught. You know they are true, for you know you can trust those who taught you.
You have been taught the holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus.
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip His people to do every good work." 2Tim 3:12-17

Aside from all the "Ah, doooooods, it's true, no big deal, right? You get mocked, laughed at? No biggie--you know it's all true because reliable people told you, right? And reliable people told them. And so on and so forth... Plus it was implanted in you from childhood," kinds of "encouragement", I want to know why I, as a godless, wicked, evil fool who stood as an impostor for half a year, have not flourished? In fact, I just overdrew by $2 today in a mishap and have to ask my "persecuted" parents to bail me out. Tongue

I'm tempted to ask him myself. Tongue

If I ever wanted the Bible to be true......

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2010, 03:23 PM

RE: Why Aren't I Flourishing?
What a terrifying thought, if the Bible were ever true. Because then the "Laws" of God would be valid and applicable.

evilbible.com provides a great opportunity to read over just what that would entail.
Ritual Human Sacrifice
Rape in the Bible
Murder in the Bible
Slavery in the Bible
Evil Bible Quotes
Retard of the Month
Jesus Lied
God is Impossible
Top Ten List
Biblical Contradictions

So I imagine, if the Bible were true you wouldn't have lived to see your 5th birthday. Deuteronomy 21:18-21.
Not to mention warm and cuddly Leviticus. Sad
That's why I adore the Roddenberry quote so much. A simple concise perspective.
Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Oh, yeah, I was just making a joke. Tongue It'd be a really horrid thought of if the Bible were true (if it were possible without a paradox Tongue).

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
26-10-2010, 05:56 PM

(26-10-2010 03:30 PM)LeviTimes Wrote:  Oh, yeah, I was just making a joke. Tongue It'd be a really horrid thought of if the Bible were true (if it were possible without a paradox Tongue).

Oh yes, I got that. Tongue
26-10-2010, 10:51 PM

(26-10-2010 03:08 PM)LeviTimes Wrote:  But evil people and impostors will flourish. They will deceive others and will themselves be deceived.

What does it say if your parents are "flourishing" more than you are? They certainly don't have to deal with the kind of discrimination you do and probably have it pretty easy by comparison. I wonder what your dad would make of that?

Sorry ... I don't actually know your parents, but I just felt a deep pang of injustice for you. And, if it's any consolation, there are brief moments (before logic sets in) that I really wish it were all true too.
27-10-2010, 12:44 AM
(26-10-2010 03:08 PM)LeviTimes Wrote:  [quote]"Yes, and everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.
But evil people and impostors will flourish. They will deceive others and will themselves be deceived.

What a con job.This is how to keep "the gang" together. Make it an us against them situation. Be sure to add, "WE WILL TRIUMPH in the end."
Find all posts by this user
27-10-2010, 08:12 AM

(26-10-2010 03:08 PM)LeviTimes Wrote:  (First person "aren't" bothers me. I guess it's better than "ain't". Anyway.)
How about "Why am I not flourishing?"
27-10-2010, 04:06 PM
(26-10-2010 10:51 PM)athnostic Wrote:  
(26-10-2010 03:08 PM)LeviTimes Wrote:  But evil people and impostors will flourish. They will deceive others and will themselves be deceived.

What does it say if your parents are "flourishing" more than you are? They certainly don't have to deal with the kind of discrimination you do and probably have it pretty easy by comparison. I wonder what your dad would make of that?

Sorry ... I don't actually know your parents, but I just felt a deep pang of injustice for you. And, if it's any consolation, there are brief moments (before logic sets in) that I really wish it were all true too.

Thanks, and I wonder that myself. Tongue Unfortunately, it would be incredibly poor form for me to plop that down on them now with them helping me out with the overdraft fees and such. Tongue Still, I have no doubt there'll be something like that posted again, at a better opportunity. Tongue

Also, topic title changed. Big Grin

27-10-2010, 05:01 PM
RE: Why Am I Not Flourishing?
What always gets me is that all these people that started "flourishing" by the grace of god never consider two things:

1) Maybe your "flourishing" is a combination of a few factors of which god may or may not be one of those factors. Unless you know god is directly responsible should you really give him the credit?

2) Maybe you should have a better look at what it means to spiritually flourish. If this was a decision made in childhood maybe it's worth reevaluating as an adult.
Find all posts by this user
03-11-2010, 04:35 PM

^_^ or another good point is to be like, "Hey since you have made the statement that evil people will flourish, If you guys are doing so much better then me, does that mean based upon your logic I would be the right one and you are the deceived?" just simple little pieces of logic you can throw their way to start twisting the words of people who are more righteous then you. Heart

(26-10-2010 10:51 PM)athnostic Wrote: