Why Am I a Theist, not an Atheist, and Not Just Any Kind of Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
20-12-2013, 09:29 PM
RE: Why Am I a Theist, not an Atheist, and Not Just Any Kind of Theist
I just realized talking to atheists is the most boring thing I could do. Such dullards!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2013, 12:51 AM
(20-12-2013 09:29 PM)savedwheat Wrote:  I just realized talking to atheists is the most boring thing I could do. Such dullards!

[Image: t27c611_applejack_go_fuck_yourself.jpg]

[Image: buh%20bye%20beck.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
21-12-2013, 12:55 AM
I thought this thread was closed? Lol

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
21-12-2013, 01:02 AM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2013 01:13 AM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(20-12-2013 09:29 PM)savedwheat Wrote:  I just realized talking to atheists is the most boring thing I could do. Such dullards!

Well I suppose if I had a conversation with a collection of people who all had such a superior grasp on every topic I attempted to discus so much so that I could not understand nor contribute a single thing in said discussion I would find it dreadfully boring as well.

So ya ok that's fair I'll give you that one. Good call.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
21-12-2013, 01:07 AM
(21-12-2013 12:55 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I thought this thread was closed? Lol

Yeah what gives? Huh
21-12-2013, 01:11 AM
(19-12-2013 10:14 PM)savedwheat Wrote:  For me there is no debate between atheism and theism

True. This bears no resemblance to anything that I'd mistake for a debate.

(19-12-2013 10:14 PM)savedwheat Wrote:  because I know the universe can't come from nothing--that which does not exist--for that which does not exist can't cause anything as it does not exist. So the universe has to come from something.

Wow. Aquinas' undead First Cause. Knock me over with a feather.

(19-12-2013 10:14 PM)savedwheat Wrote:  There are only 3 faiths in the world that are accessible with enough adherents to span the globe and not hidden from plain view or difficult to access: Christianity, Islam and Hinduism.

You may have missed the few millenia that your god spent in obscurity in Israel and the centuries that it did bit work as a Roman mystery cult.

(19-12-2013 10:14 PM)savedwheat Wrote:  But Hinduism is false, because that would be silly for you to come back as a chicken if you were a bad human and never effectively deals with sin by receiving endless chances.

I don't know. I figure reincarnation as intestinal bacteria would be pretty effective punishment.

(19-12-2013 10:14 PM)savedwheat Wrote:  Jesus died on the cross as the most documented person in antiquity who had more sources written about Him than any ten figures combined from antiquity within 150 years of their deaths.

There were a few Ceasars who had a memo or two written about them. One or two of the Chinese emperors got passing mention.

You might want to get your facts straight. The folks around here take reality seriously.
[+] 6 users Like Paleophyte's post
21-12-2013, 02:17 AM
[Image: arguing-with-retards.jpg]

you know what the funny thing is ?? pigeons are more useful.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
21-12-2013, 04:55 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2013 12:34 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(19-12-2013 10:14 PM)savedwheat Wrote:  ...Jesus died on the cross as the most documented person in antiquity who had more sources written about Him than any ten figures combined from antiquity within 150 years of their deaths.

Let me introduce you to a friend of mine, Gaius Julius Caesar, Dictator of Rome.

[Image: 450px-0092_-_Wien_-_Kunsthistorisches_Mu...r-edit.jpg]

This striking figure before you, carved out of marble, is what Julius Caesar actually looked like. This bust was carved in his lifetime, from his likeliness.

We know he was born in July of 100BC in Rome, and died 55 years later on the 15th of March, 44BC in the Curia of Pompey in Rome; at the hands of a conspiracy of senators led by Gaius Cassius Longinus and Marcus Junius Brutus.

We know that he had lovers, children, and other notable relatives, all of whom can be independently corroborated as figures of history. He was lover of Cleopatra VII (the last Pharaoh of Egypt), and through her had a son named Caesarion; himself killed at age 17 by Caesar's adopted son Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus (later known as the Emperor Augustus).

This is a bust of the young Octavianus, dated to 30BC.

[Image: 445px-Augustus_Statue.JPG]

This is a coin of the Roman Empire, minted during Caesar's reign, that contains his portrait in profile. This is more artwork depicting Caesar in his own time.

[Image: caesardictquart_boston.jpg]

These are the Commentarii de Bello Gallico (Commentaries on the Galic War) and the Commentarii de Bello Civili (Commentaries on the Civil War), both authored by Julius Caesar; and both considered to be classics of Latin literature. That's right, we have surviving copies of the works written by Caesar, authored by the man himself.

[Image: Commentarii_de_Bello_Gallico.jpg]

[Image: Lucanus,_De_bello_civili_ed._Pulmann_(Pl...e_page.jpg]

Now compare all of that to one Jesus of Nazareth. Unfortunately we do not have portraits or statues of him, so we do not know what he looked like. He is never mentioned by any contemporary sources, nor is he known to have had any lovers or children (depending on which apocrypha you go by). He held no important political office, nor does he at all appear to have been well known. We do not know the time of his birth (with contradictory stories that place it 10 years apart at best), nor do we know the date or circumstances of his death (once again, contradictory claims to happening before or on Passover, and no year is mentioned). He never wrote anything down in his own handwriting.

[Image: RealJesus2.jpg]

*Not actual images of Jesus, but the one of the right is closer to reality if a 1st century Galilean carpenter really was at the center of these myths.*

Not only that, but unlike Caesar, Jesus is not historically dependant. What do I mean by that? History depends on there being a Caesar who actually said and did the things that are attributed to him by all of his contemporary sources. For the Roman Empire to have arose, it really did require Caesar to have crossed the Rubicon and defeated Pompey, establish himself as Dictator for Life, and have been critical in the upbringing of Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus (later known as the First Emperor of Rome, Caesar Augustus).

Jesus has no such dependency. All that is required to explain Christianty and our current understanding of history, is a belief in Jesus. This is compatible with a divine son of god, a simple preacher and cult leader, or a non-existent legendary myth. Jesus didn't actually have to say or do anything of the things attributed to him (decades after his supposed death, recording anonymous hearsay upon hearsay by non-eyewitnesses) to fully explain history. All that was needed was a simple belief that they happened, history is not contingent on them actually having happened.

So thank you for demonstrating just how god-awful ignorant you are of everything, from history and the evaluation of evidence, to the origins of your own religion. So go away and preach to some people who are stupid enough to by into the shit you pull out of your ass, we'll have none of it here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Caesar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesar's_Civil_War
http://www2.cnr.edu/Home/araia/caesarcoins.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassinati...ius_Caesar

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 13 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-12-2013, 05:23 AM
(21-12-2013 04:55 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(19-12-2013 10:14 PM)savedwheat Wrote:  ...Jesus died on the cross as the most documented person in antiquity who had more sources written about Him than any ten figures combined from antiquity within 150 years of their deaths.

Let me introduce you to a friend of mine, Gaius Julius Caesar, Dictator of Rome.

[Image: 450px-0092_-_Wien_-_Kunsthistorisches_Mu...r-edit.jpg]

This striking figure before you, carved out of marble, is what Julius Caesar actually looked like. This bust was carved in his lifetime, from his likeliness.

We know he was born in July of 100BC in Rome, and died 55 years later on the 15th of March, 44BC in the Curia of Pompey in Rome; at the hands of a conspiracy of senators led by Gaius Cassius Longinus and Marcus Junius Brutus.

We know that he had lovers, children, and other notable relatives, all of whom can be independently corroborated as figures of history. He was lover of Cleopatra VII (the last Pharaoh of Egypt), and through her had a son named Caesarion; himself killed at age 17 by Caesar's adopted son Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus (later known as the Emperor Augustus).

This is a bust of the young Octavianus, dated to 30BC.

[Image: 445px-Augustus_Statue.JPG]

This is a coin of the Roman Empire, minted during Caesar's reign, that contains his portrait in profile. This is more artwork depicting Caesar in his own time.

[Image: caesardictquart_boston.jpg]

These are the Commentarii de Bello Gallico (Commentaries on the Galic War) and the Commentarii de Bello Civili (Commentaries on the Civil War), both authored by Julius Caesar; and both considered to be classics of Latin literature. That's right, we have surviving copies of the works written by Caesar, authored by the man himself.

[Image: Commentarii_de_Bello_Gallico.jpg]

[Image: Lucanus,_De_bello_civili_ed._Pulmann_(Pl...e_page.jpg]

Now compare all of that to one Jesus of Nazareth. Unfortunately we do not have portraits or statues of him, so we do not know what he looked like. He is never mentioned by any contemporary sources, nor is he known to have had any lovers or children (depending on which apocrypha you go by). He held no important political office, no does he at all appear to have been well known. We do not know the time of his birth (with contradictory stories that place it 10 years apart at best), nor do we know the date or circumstances of his death (once again, contradictory claims to happening before or on Passover, and no year is mentioned). He never wrote anything down in his own handwriting.

[Image: RealJesus2.jpg]

*Not actual images of Jesus, but the one of the right is closer to reality if a 1st century Galilean carpenter really was at the center of these myths.*

Not only that, but unlike Caesar, Jesus is not historically dependant. What do I mean by that? History dpeends on there being a Caesar who actually said and did the things that are attributed to him by all of his contemprary sources. For the Roman Empire to have arose, it really did require Caesar to have crossed the Rubicon and defeated Pompey, establish himself as Dictator for Life, and have been critical in the upbringing of Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus (later known as the First Emperor of Rome, Caesar Augustus).

Jesus has no such dependency. All that is required to explain Christianty and our current understanding of history, is a belief in Jesus. This is compatible with a divine son of god, a simple preacher and cult leader, or a non-existent legendary myth. Jesus didn't actually have to say or do anything of the things attributed to him (decades after his supposed death, recording hearsay upon hearsay by non-eyewitnesses) to explain fully explain history. All that was needed was a simple belief that they happened, history is not contingent on them actually having happened.

So thank you for demonstrating just how god-awful ignorant you are of everything, from history and the evaluation of evidence, to the origins of your own religion. So go away and preach to some people who are stupid enough to by into the shit you pull out of your ass, we'll have none of it here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Caesar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesar's_Civil_War
http://www2.cnr.edu/Home/araia/caesarcoins.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassinati...ius_Caesar

[Image: YdLvlCq.jpg]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
21-12-2013, 06:44 AM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2013 06:58 AM by GirlyMan.)
(20-12-2013 08:25 PM)savedwheat Wrote:  Infinite regress is impossible.

Dafuq you say?

#include<stdio.h>
int InfiniteRegressIsImpossible(int SaveTheWheat)
{
return InfiniteRegressIsImpossible(SaveTheWheat-1);
}
main()
{
int SavingWheatIsAFuckturd=0;
printf("%d", InfiniteRegressIsImpossible(SavingWheatIsAFuckturd));
}

So there. Tongue

(20-12-2013 09:11 PM)savedwheat Wrote:  Is there anyone here not an idiot to talk?

Nope.

(20-12-2013 09:18 PM)savedwheat Wrote:  Group hallucinations are impossible.

Why you keep saying that? Your parties must suck. They are not only possible, they're fucking fun. You ain't experienced is you, you ain't never been experienced. Well I have. Tongue

Not necessarily stoned but ... beautiful.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post