Why Am I a Theist, not an Atheist, and Not Just Any Kind of Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
22-12-2013, 04:53 AM
RE: Why Am I a Theist, not an Atheist, and Not Just Any Kind of Theist
I thought that was dentists.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Hafnof's post
22-12-2013, 06:48 AM
(22-12-2013 04:46 AM)savedwheat Wrote:  ...
So why then doesn't the atheist given his life to Christ?
It's because he is a retard, a total moron, idiot of the highest order.

Nah! It's 'cause we're not impressed by your threats...

... your bullying

... your tantrums.

I can tell that you feel a little hurt by the reception you've been given here.

It's nothing personal really. It's indicative of the waning power of your established churches and too of the power of information.

Your audience has become educated and is casting aside the comfort of myths and legends... once so powerful as a teaching medium but now just an amusing sideshow.

You have my sympathy... really, you do.

Some advice:
The one-to-many, sideshow preacher methods have become increasing less effective. Take a lead from modern marketing techniques... one-to-one, targeted messages (knowledge engineering) and get to know your audience first.

Hint: Try asking why we are not interested in your assertions... or even, ask us why we say they are assertions and not 'proof'.

That might be a good start.

And by the way, if you were the father of or a relative of or worked with children with developmental disorders, you would be a little less free with the word 'retard'.

Cool

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
22-12-2013, 07:10 AM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2013 12:21 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-12-2013 04:46 AM)savedwheat Wrote:  People don't willingly die for what they know is a lie and group hallucinations are impossible and Jesus wouldn't have been much of risen Messiah if the swoon theory were true.

Same old bullshit. Different day. You REALLY are SO stupid you think you'll change someone's mind with that sort of junior-high garbage. What I think is you're a junior-high child going through a crisis of faith, and just like a homophobe, you lash out at what you're afraid of the most.

All sorts of people die for all sorts of stupid reasons. The Romans put the Christians to death for political reasons. It had nothing to do with "willing death for faith". (proof you were indoctrinated, and know no real history). The Mulsim terrorists willingly flew planes into towers. Does that prove them right ? It does, according to your moronic nonsense. The gospels are testaments of faith, not history. There are all sorts of mass hallucinations known to psychologists. On both counts, you are wrong. The gospels also say they did not recognize the risen Jebus, and that there were many others who rose. What happened to all the other who rose ? Jesus never existed, and the gospels were invented. Get over it. If the resurrection happened, a JEWISH or Roman historian would have said something. They didn't.

(22-12-2013 04:46 AM)savedwheat Wrote:  So why then doesn't the atheist given his life to Christ? It's because he is a retard, a total moron, idiot of the highest order.

Why do you care ? You obviously don't care about anyone except yourself ? More proof you REALLY are doing this because you are questioning your faith, and cannot accept the fact you may be all wrong. Jebus told you not to judge. Yet you do, all the time. Why are you so judgmental ? Why do you hate yourself so much ? Are you gay ? Are YOU an atheist ? Are you both ?

Jebus also said "No one shall come to me unless the Father draw him".
There's your answer, child. Does your mommy know you're playing on daddy's computer ?

(22-12-2013 04:46 AM)savedwheat Wrote:  It's sad ready, because I would not wish upon my worse enemy where atheists are going to burn in the Lake of Fire for all eternity. They actually prefer this than embrace the love of God. Atheists are sick bastards!

Great. No one here cares about your opinions or what concerns you about YOURSELF. You're just jealous some people are free of what haunts YOU. You realize you're telling us about YOURSELF here, more than anything else. You need a psychiatrist. Go get help, before you do harm. You are seriously disturbed. (BTW there is no "lake of fire". I realize you were indoctrinated and are afraid of that for YOURSELF, but the idea is entirely NON-BIBLICAL.) There are psychiatrists for adolescents, you know. You should ask your parents to let you go see one, and get deprogrammed. All this talk of suicide. Is THAT what you're thinking about doing ? You really do need help.

It's very clear. The person he's trying to convince, is himself.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-12-2013, 08:01 AM
Bucky,
I love it when you get all caring and shit so don't take this as an admonition but please be careful with your recommendations for remediation.

To paraphrase the great (yet slightly strange) Luminon... when someone declares the beliefs or affiliation to a particular religion, we can't tell too much about them; but we can tell a great deal about their parents.

More specifically, your suggestion that "You should ask your parents to let to go see one" could be a dangerous one.

It is likely that there was some trauma involved here and from previous conversations with similar visitors here, we know that child abuse is often the cause.

So I'm just saying that this one's parents may have used PJ's method of child-rearing. There maybe no physical scars but the mental scars are clearly demonstrated.

So, I think you are correct with your diagnosis but your suggested remedy could do more harm than good.

Cheers, meant with love, y'know, bro. No homo.

Wink

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
22-12-2013, 08:38 AM
(21-12-2013 11:08 PM)savedwheat Wrote:  In the proof for God and who God is in the opening post, there are no assertions, just evidence that leads to necessary conclusions.

Rolleyes

Quote:How can we filter out the retards here?

Try killing yourself.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
22-12-2013, 08:47 AM
For someone who says that talking to atheists is boring you have spent an inordinate amount of time here! Unsure

You claim that you're being bullied by these forums atheists. What did you expect when you came here with your fallacies, hypocrisy and general rudeness?

I have quietly sat in the in audience enjoying your sideshow circus act but am now quite bored with it. Drinking Beverage

You sir are a troll and not a very good one at that!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
22-12-2013, 08:59 AM
OK, seriously - time for the banhammer.

You know you're going to eventually, why delay?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Ok then - @aurora, kingschosen, Dark Light, DeepThought, Hughsie, Dom, Filox, kim, Momsurroundedbyboys, Revenant77x: has the user savedwheat been officially warned for spamming posts of similar nature within his threads that don't further conversation in any way, but are just blank range shooting off at the mouth and insulting members of the forum?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
22-12-2013, 09:16 AM
(22-12-2013 09:12 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Ok then - @aurora, kingschosen, Dark Light, DeepThought, Hughsie, Dom, Filox, kim, Momsurroundedbyboys, Revenant77x: has the user savedwheat been officially warned for spamming posts of similar nature within his threads that don't further conversation in any way, but are just blank range shooting off at the mouth and insulting members of the forum?

Only KC and Rora can make this decision.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
22-12-2013, 09:22 AM
(22-12-2013 08:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  ...
why delay?

Because this person is crying out for help.

Have some compassion, willya?

They have turned to us in a time of great need. They seek salvation.

Please use your wisdom to guide them back onto the path to enlightenment.

Let them see the light shine forth.

Show them the Way. Not the way out.

Thumbsup