Why Am I a Theist, not an Atheist, and Not Just Any Kind of Theist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
24-12-2013, 08:34 PM
RE: Why Am I a Theist, not an Atheist, and Not Just Any Kind of Theist
(19-12-2013 10:44 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  The two rules of atheism.

Rule 1. There is no God
Rule 2. If God exists, I hate Him

Actually it doesn't matter at all, and I also don't care, if there are any rules to atheism, because reality is actually this: the very idea of an invented character turning out to exist and be the explanation for reality is unrealistic and ridiculous, and obviously I don't feel anything to this character because its just a fictional character, of course. Drinking Beverage

"Humans always measure what they see in front of them to what they already know. They will deny anything outside of that. They are shallow lifeforms, so enthralled with superficial appearances that they fail to see the truth."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2013, 08:36 PM
(23-12-2013 06:08 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 05:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The "OP" has nothing to contribute...
SO glad I actually have no one like that IRL I have to deal with.....

Easy to ban people, and burn books you dont like, and put your fingers in your ears, and shove your head in the sand.

Look man. I know MORE about religion than you do. I just don't buy it. I have MORE religious books than you do. The thing is, American Fundamentalism is FAR FAR from serious academic Religious Studies. The crap that the third rate hacks like Craig, Stroebel, and Habermas do has NOTHING to do with REAL academia. They are frauds.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-12-2013, 08:38 PM
(24-12-2013 10:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-12-2013 03:45 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Yeah, well, about that... that's slightly incorrect.

He sidled away, he didn't run.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
24-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Why can't all of you just see that this isn't even something to be argued for or against? It's such an obviously bullshit idea. Reality isn't going to change no matter what you think. How anyone can seriously believe something so gratuitously invented and convoluted is beyond me - and to think I used to and didn't even know why, as well, for fuck's sake.

Can any of you, just for once, please actually explain to me why you even believe something so unbelievable, take it so seriously, and be so sure of yourselves, because none of you have ever explained it to me and made it sound reasonable yet. Drinking Beverage

"Humans always measure what they see in front of them to what they already know. They will deny anything outside of that. They are shallow lifeforms, so enthralled with superficial appearances that they fail to see the truth."
[+] 1 user Likes MrAttacus's post
24-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Oh, look, it's already banned at AFO.

Knock me over with a feather!

[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
24-12-2013, 10:35 PM
But hey, it's a *great* thread. I really do enjoy some of those guys' writings...

Thumbsup

25-12-2013, 05:44 PM
And now Lyin'Orc FLOUNCED AFO.

Red-letter day for them, I tell you.

Can a "Grand Exit" here be far behind?

25-12-2013, 06:16 PM
(25-12-2013 05:44 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  And now Lyin'Orc FLOUNCED AFO.

Red-letter day for them, I tell you.

Can a "Grand Exit" here be far behind?

Taqiyya, please try not to make multiple posts, wait for someone else to get a word in. I thought we had talked about that, and given you a tool to help. We don't have a lot of rules here, try not to break them.... It's gotten a bit better but it's not good enough yet to ward off the spamming rule.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
27-12-2013, 01:38 AM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2013 01:57 AM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
Multiple posts, REALLY? "Wait for someone else to get a fucking WORD in"??? For FUCK'S SAKE, Get a fucking GRIP. One post was at 24-12-2013, 08:53 PM, the next was at 09:35, over 40 minutes later, and the next was at 4:44 PM the NEXT FUCKING DAY. Get a sense of fucking PERSPECTIVE. Jesus Fucking Christ. And frequent posting that is relevant to the topic at hand has NEVER been considered "spamming" ANYWHERE on the fucking internet, and there is NO language in the rules here forbidding it. What the fuck is your problem.

27-12-2013, 01:49 AM
(27-12-2013 01:38 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Multiple posts, REALLY? For FUCK'S SAKE, Get a fucking GRIP. One post was at 24-12-2013, 08:53 PM, the next was at 09:35, over 40 minutes later, and the next was at 4:44 PM the NEXT FUCKING DAY. Get a sense of fucking PERSPECTIVE. Jesus Fucking Christ. And frequent posting that is relevant to the topic at hand has NEVER been considered "spamming" ANYWHERE on the fucking internet. What the fuck is your problem.

You've been doing better as of late. No doubt.

Problem is you'e already set a pretty annoying precedent for multiple posts in a thread in which you pretty much take over and choke out any chance for give and take conversation. It's fucking annoying as hell. Most regular posters don't fucking like it.

That said, you have improved. Thank you for that. You could improve more. Reflect on that.

Shalom, bird.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post