Why Are PMD Christians So Obsessed With The Antichrist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Why Are PMD Christians So Obsessed With The Antichrist?
They'll go on for pages and pages about their composite Antichrist, they'll obsess over every little evil detail of the end times, you can find threads on Christian forums that go on for about twenty pages and consist of people bickering over whether X is the Antichrist or whether Verse X refers to the Antichrist. They also fly into a panic at the sign of any technology that might possibly fit the mark of the beast description.

It's almost as if they care more about the Antichrist than Christ, they'll write up an entire article about the Antichrist's choice of toothpaste, and then throw in a "BTW Jesus saves, K?" at the end, almost as an afterthought

They'll also post graphic descriptions of Hell and then say, "Heaven's great by the way, wouldn't you rather go there?"

I Heard someone say this brand of Christianity is more like Anti-Anti-Christianity.

What is with this Christian obsession with Evil?

I Will have My revenge on AlternateHistory.com, in this life or the next Evil_monster

~WrappedInShadows (AKA Me)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheLastEnemy's post
07-09-2013, 09:00 PM
RE: Why Are PMD Christians So Obsessed With The Antichrist?
They are not obsessed with evil. They are obsessed with having their fantasies come true.

They don't want to die until jesus rides in on his fucking white horse to torment all the people they hate.
07-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Interesting. I googled PMD Christians because I hadn't seen that before. This thread is the number two hit. Drinking Beverage

As an afterthought, could that be due to the algorithm based search put in effect by the things I google most?

Someone else try, I'm intrigued. Consider

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
07-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Okay, just googled it on my wife's phone. Same result .Weird to think that the shit we talk about ends up on random people's random google searches.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
07-09-2013, 10:08 PM
(07-09-2013 09:59 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Okay, just googled it on my wife's phone. Same result .Weird to think that the shit we talk about ends up on random people's random google searches.

I googled it and this thread wasn't even on page 1.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
07-09-2013, 10:13 PM
(07-09-2013 10:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-09-2013 09:59 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Okay, just googled it on my wife's phone. Same result .Weird to think that the shit we talk about ends up on random people's random google searches.

I googled it and this thread wasn't even on page 1.

Huh. I figured my wife's phone would be a sorta control because she never googles this type of stuff. Would it be something to do with the algorithms running off of our IP address or something? We have multiple devices running on the same wifi.

(not meaning to detail this thread by the way, just wondering)

~ Umberto Eco
07-09-2013, 10:35 PM
(07-09-2013 09:42 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Interesting. I googled PMD Christians because I hadn't seen that before. This thread is the number two hit. Drinking Beverage

As an afterthought, could that be due to the algorithm based search put in effect by the things I google most?

Someone else try, I'm intrigued. Consider

PMD: Pre-Millenial Dispensationalists, it's kind of a mouthful, and I've seen it shortened to PMD before, I guess it's not as common as I thought.

I Will have My revenge on AlternateHistory.com, in this life or the next Evil_monster

~WrappedInShadows (AKA Me)
08-09-2013, 03:00 AM
(07-09-2013 10:35 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  ...
PMD: Pre-Millenial Dispensationalists,

Thanks. Saves me googling.

My best guess was Pre-Menstrual Demons.

Evil_monster

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
08-09-2013, 03:13 AM
(08-09-2013 03:00 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(07-09-2013 10:35 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  ...
PMD: Pre-Millenial Dispensationalists,

Thanks. Saves me googling.

My best guess was Pre-Menstrual Demons.

Evil_monster

I thought it was Protestants for Mass Destruction.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
09-09-2013, 03:04 AM
Darwinian natural selection in action, from the opening scene of a Six Feet Under episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LXuNpF6NVg

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user