Why Are PMD Christians So Obsessed With The Antichrist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2013, 06:14 PM
RE: Why Are PMD Christians So Obsessed With The Antichrist?
No one is perishing here JebusTrollJoke.
You need to take a marketing course.
Marketing 101.
No one here cares about anything you have to sell.
You're wasting your time.
You have never converted one person here. All you've done here is prove the idiocy of the hollow bankrupt platitudes you peddle. You couldn't teach First Graders anything. Your reasoning is 100 % circular.
ALL the ancient apocalyptics thought that end of the age was immanent. Your word soup and feeble lame attempts to justify their errors is pathetic.
Go away. Make a fool of yourself somewhere else.
Why would you possibly think anyone would come to an atheist site to listen to your drivel ? They can get that anywhere. You people are dime a dozen.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2013, 11:43 PM
(07-09-2013 06:09 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  They'll go on for pages and pages about their composite Antichrist, they'll obsess over every little evil detail of the end times, you can find threads on Christian forums that go on for about twenty pages and consist of people bickering over whether X is the Antichrist or whether Verse X refers to the Antichrist. They also fly into a panic at the sign of any technology that might possibly fit the mark of the beast description.

I don't understand what the big to-do is all about, it's not exactly like I'm hiding or going out and causing trouble on purpose. If they want to go looking for their Antichrist, I've clearly been here the whole time ... Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
13-09-2013, 03:48 AM

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Correct. The last days between the gospel and the return. Correct. Also called by Jesus in the eschatons "this age". The last days add up to an "age".

So, according to the Bible, the earth is supposed to be 6,000 years old, yet the "last days" last 2,000+ years? Seems legit.

Let me tell you the truth - we're living in what we could call "middle days." The Earth has been around for cca. 4.5 billion years, and it will be around for several more billion years, until the Sun consumes it.

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If you say so, it must be true. However, 2 Pet 3:4 doesn't say the apostles died, it says, "They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”

Nowhere does it say "our ancestors." The original Greek text says, "hoi pateres," meaning "the fathers." In this context it can only be referring to apostolic fathers. Usage of the word "pater" definitely allows that:
http://biblesuite.com/greek/3962.htm

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  LOL. Matthew 16 is the "immediate context" of Matthew 24? Matthew 17 is the context of Matthew 16. IMMEDIATELY following all three synoptic statements about "SOME of y'all will see" is the TRANSFIGURATION. You atheists troll the mainline scholars for crap I teach first-month Bible students, who raise the same dopey questions.

I'm not an atheist.

And you don't want to play the transfiguration card - the authors themselves weren't sure what they were talking about.
Mark says the transfiguration occurred 6 days after that statement (9:1-2), yet Luke says 8 days (9:27-28).

Not to mention that "coming in his kingdom" refers to the Judgement Day, and not transfiguration. Very creative imagination you apologists have. And an unlimited capacity for rationalization.

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Now who is proof texting? The transfiguration is why SOME of them saw the Kingdom Matthew 16-17. EVERYONE will see the RETURN. Revelation 1:9 - "Even those who pierced Him, and ALL the peoples of the Earth will mourn because of Him."

How will everyone see the return? Doesn't he have to return first, and then resurrect people?

"For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done. Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom." (Matthew 16:27-28)

Looks to me like he was talking about one and the same thing.

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  PS. John wrote a 22-chapter-long APOCALYPSE so he spared atheists the gory details in his gospel. I mean, bubba, youse gotta be puttin' me on!

John most probably didn't write anything, especially not in Greek, because apparently he was illiterate (Acts 4:13).

Now, "John" speaks very little of Galilee, which was supposed to be his native province, and the center of Christ's ministry.
Furthermore, he constantly refers to "the Jews," like he wasn't one himself. The author probably wasn't.

Also, related to the previous topic, "John" doesn't mention the Transfiguration. This is odd, because Mark states (in 9:2) that John witnessed the entire event.
"John" doesn't mention the Ascension either, although he witnessed it too (Luke 24:33).

Bring on the argument from silence. Drinking Beverage

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I mean, I love coming to this forum because EVERY FREAKIN' thing I try or say or argue is COMPLETELY assaulted. It purifies my thinking, assuages the skeptic in me, and um, pleasures me. I know other Christians shouldn't be here because they would be moved to tears by the abuse.

Cry me a river. Drinking Beverage

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  But at least, you, Raptor, who seem VERY smart, and BB, who I KNOW is HIGHLY intelligent, can stop tossing canards at me from secular university "wise guys". I don't know how old you both are but I was dealing with this kind of horse puckey over 20 years ago when I was a Religion major in school.

So, if someone is from a secular university, it makes their academic credentials worth less? Interesting theory. Can you prove it?

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  "Oooh, John's different than the synoptics so he took a left turn when he couldn't talk to Q."

"Wow. The NT is UTTERLY invalidated because Jesus never came back. Oops, we forgot, he never left! He never resurrected! oooooh..."

YAWN. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE,

U mad, bro?

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  can't you and BB come up with an original... anything...

Why come up with anything new if you can't even convince us of your basic truth claims, or refute the standard objections to them?

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  besides ad homs

I never use ad hominems. Maybe it's just you being so sensitive? Tongue

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  and tired crap I take out in fifteen seconds when I preach on a college campus?

You mean, in Sunday school? Sorry, I can't imagine you lecturing on a college... Wait, you said "college campus"? Oh, now I understand. You're one of those who prey on semi-religious students and lure them into your student groups, organizations or whatever, and sell them cherry-picked and re-branded Bible verses. OK.

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  PLEASE? Or is this really true:

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

20 Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

Translation: You guys got nuttin'.

Thank you for making it clear that Christianity is about blind obedience to authority, and a denial of our most important capability - reason. Now, any cult leader could write those verses you quoted, when confronted with skepticism from the people he preaches to. The author's message was rejected by Jews because, as we know, it was foreign to them and contrary to their theology, and by Gentiles because they were aware of pagan cults with similar rituals, and god-men, and saviors etc.

In conclusion, PleaseJesus, you're the one who has "nuttin'".
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Philosoraptor's post
13-09-2013, 04:44 AM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2013 01:22 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  It purifies my thinking, assuages the skeptic in me, and um, pleasures me. I know other Christians shouldn't be here because they would be moved to tears by the abuse.

I realize you get a hard-on from what you think "pleases Jebus", but there is no evidence that your "thinking", (and that's a generous way of putting it), has changed or been refined n any way. Since day one here, you have demonstrated utter ignorance of real Biblical Studies. You may have dealt with these issues in the past, but clearly, never adequately so, as you have never once said anything intelligent about the Bible, or any of the issues you're tried to engage with here. All you've proven is you memorized a bunch of apologetic junk, and regurgitate it, at will, and if there isn't pre-packaged apologetic nonsense to pull out of your pocket to answer with, you make up something retarded, (like Adam "suffering" *before* the fall, which you conveniently ignored, as you KNOW it's bs). The only way you could possible "take out" anything anywhere, is, if everyone ignored the fact, you have not a clue what you're talking about. And it never happened in "15 seconds", oh delusional one.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
13-09-2013, 05:24 AM
(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I mean, I love coming to this forum because EVERY FREAKIN' thing I try or say or argue is COMPLETELY assaulted. It purifies my thinking, assuages the skeptic in me, and um, pleasures me.

You know what that is, right? It's sadomasochism without the sex...

13-09-2013, 05:31 AM

I imagine PleaseJesus as Zero from GTA: San Andreas. Especially his voice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk8_5glvDIM

[Image: trollface.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Philosoraptor's post
13-09-2013, 07:19 AM
(13-09-2013 05:31 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  I imagine PleaseJesus as Zero from GTA: San Andreas. Especially his voice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk8_5glvDIM

[Image: trollface.png]

For fucking real? You just ruined my favorite character from San Andreas you bastard... Dodgy

13-09-2013, 01:13 PM
(12-09-2013 05:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 02:59 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  PS. Nuttin' except my undying love and fealty for your souls. Rock on, Jesus!

There is no evidence for the existence of souls.

Stevie Wonder? Luther Vandross? Robin Thicke?
13-09-2013, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2013 02:01 PM by PleaseJesus.)
(13-09-2013 03:48 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Correct. The last days between the gospel and the return. Correct. Also called by Jesus in the eschatons "this age". The last days add up to an "age".

So, according to the Bible, the earth is supposed to be 6,000 years old, yet the "last days" last 2,000+ years? Seems legit.

1) Non sequitur on your comparison. 2) Who told you the Bible says the Earth is only 6,000 years old? It wasn't me.

Quote:Let me tell you the truth - we're living in what we could call "middle days." The Earth has been around for cca. 4.5 billion years, and it will be around for several more billion years, until the Sun consumes it.

Several billion? You should get your Prophet Club Card soon.

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If you say so, it must be true. However, 2 Pet 3:4 doesn't say the apostles died, it says, "They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”

Quote:Nowhere does it say "our ancestors." The original Greek text says, "hoi pateres," meaning "the fathers." In this context it can only be referring to apostolic fathers. Usage of the word "pater" definitely allows that:
http://biblesuite.com/greek/3962.htm

So now Peter, the first "pope" and the one with the keys, is saying all the fathers have died. He missed someone.

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  LOL. Matthew 16 is the "immediate context" of Matthew 24? Matthew 17 is the context of Matthew 16. IMMEDIATELY following all three synoptic statements about "SOME of y'all will see" is the TRANSFIGURATION. You atheists troll the mainline scholars for crap I teach first-month Bible students, who raise the same dopey questions.

Quote:I'm not an atheist.

And you don't want to play the transfiguration card - the authors themselves weren't sure what they were talking about.
Mark says the transfiguration occurred 6 days after that statement (9:1-2), yet Luke says 8 days (9:27-28).

Not to mention that "coming in his kingdom" refers to the Judgement Day, and not transfiguration. Very creative imagination you apologists have. And an unlimited capacity for rationalization.

Oh, that's a relief. You finally settled what the "kingdom" is. Thousands of people were worried. No, the transfiguration comes after each synoptic mention.

Here's help with 6/8 day issue. Saves me some typing:

http://www.apologeticspress.org/ApPubPag...rticle=161

You're an agnostic, then?

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Now who is proof texting? The transfiguration is why SOME of them saw the Kingdom Matthew 16-17. EVERYONE will see the RETURN. Revelation 1:9 - "Even those who pierced Him, and ALL the peoples of the Earth will mourn because of Him."

Quote:How will everyone see the return? Doesn't he have to return first, and then resurrect people?

Xianity 101 again. You didn't know the rapture, for one example, comes before the return?

Quote:"For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done. Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom." (Matthew 16:27-28)

Looks to me like he was talking about one and the same thing.

Sure it does, now pretend the thing wasn't written with chapters, as well as with white space between chapters because it was on a scroll...

For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done. ... Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom. After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. 2 There he was transfigured before them.

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  PS. John wrote a 22-chapter-long APOCALYPSE so he spared atheists the gory details in his gospel. I mean, bubba, youse gotta be puttin' me on!

Quote:John most probably didn't write anything, especially not in Greek, because apparently he was illiterate (Acts 4:13).

Ugh. 4:13 says "When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus." They weren't Pharisees. But even "unschooled people" went to syngagoue and knew the holy scrolls. I can't discuss these things with someone ignorant of 1) there were no buses to public schools 2) every other person in the world knows this verse means they weren't in RABBINICAL schools. 3) You also say there is a later dating for John: if he didn't write it, what is the problem with John being illiterate; if he wrote is so late, why couldn't he have learned to write in the intervening 150 years? Smile

Quote:Now, "John" speaks very little of Galilee, which was supposed to be his native province, and the center of Christ's ministry.
Furthermore, he constantly refers to "the Jews," like he wasn't one himself. The author probably wasn't.

Xianity 101 again. "The Jews" are "The leaders of the Jews".

Quote:Also, related to the previous topic, "John" doesn't mention the Transfiguration. This is odd, because Mark states (in 9:2) that John witnessed the entire event.
"John" doesn't mention the Ascension either, although he witnessed it too (Luke 24:33).

Bring on the argument from silence. Drinking Beverage

No argument from silence here. You are making a self-deflating argument! You tell me pointedly in your last post that John's gospel is radically different than the synoptics because it was written much, much later, and now you are using an invalidated gospel to say the Ascension never happened. You still have three witnesses that it did. You've created your own straw man. If John's gospel was written early like I say, you can hassle me about this. Pick one.

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I mean, I love coming to this forum because EVERY FREAKIN' thing I try or say or argue is COMPLETELY assaulted. It purifies my thinking, assuages the skeptic in me, and um, pleasures me. I know other Christians shouldn't be here because they would be moved to tears by the abuse.

Cry me a river. Drinking Beverage

[I cried a river, over you...]

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  But at least, you, Raptor, who seem VERY smart, and BB, who I KNOW is HIGHLY intelligent, can stop tossing canards at me from secular university "wise guys". I don't know how old you both are but I was dealing with this kind of horse puckey over 20 years ago when I was a Religion major in school.

So, if someone is from a secular university, it makes their academic credentials worth less? Interesting theory. Can you prove it?[/quote]

Huh? I went to a secular university for Religion. The difference is, you think you "know the Bible better" from that perspective than Joe Shmoe Christian. I'm not Joe Shmoe Christian. The BS you're shoving at me has been discredited many times over before you heard it, if you're much younger than I.

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  "Oooh, John's different than the synoptics so he took a left turn when he couldn't talk to Q."

"Wow. The NT is UTTERLY invalidated because Jesus never came back. Oops, we forgot, he never left! He never resurrected! oooooh..."

YAWN. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE,

U mad, bro?

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  can't you and BB come up with an original... anything...

Why come up with anything new if you can't even convince us of your basic truth claims, or refute the standard objections to them?

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  besides ad homs

I never use ad hominems. Maybe it's just you being so sensitive? Tongue

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  and tired crap I take out in fifteen seconds when I preach on a college campus?

You mean, in Sunday school? Sorry, I can't imagine you lecturing on a college... Wait, you said "college campus"? Oh, now I understand. You're one of those who prey on semi-religious students and lure them into your student groups, organizations or whatever, and sell them cherry-picked and re-branded Bible verses. OK.[/quote]

Huh? I preach open air on college campuses, to name a few, Harvard, Yale, Columbia, NYU, etc. I wouldn't last out there ten seconds if I had old news to share. I draw dozens or hundreds to a crowd (by the grace of god) and interact with atheists and others for hours on end.

Also, if you look around these forums, despite atheist protestations, I constantly cite context. Cherry picking verses is just as bad from Christians as it is from atheists, being what Satan did to tempt Christ himself. You want to talk cherry picking? How about you citing Matthew 16 as the context of Matthew 24"? LOL.

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  PLEASE? Or is this really true:

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

20 Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

Translation: You guys got nuttin'.

Thank you for making it clear that Christianity is about blind obedience to authority, and a denial of our most important capability - reason. Now, any cult leader could write those verses you quoted, when confronted with skepticism from the people he preaches to. The author's message was rejected by Jews because, as we know, it was foreign to them and contrary to their theology, and by Gentiles because they were aware of pagan cults with similar rituals, and god-men, and saviors etc.

In conclusion, PleaseJesus, you're the one who has "nuttin'".
[/quote]

Huh? I just quoted a few days ago Isaiah 1, "let us reason together, says the Lord..." and like most atheists, you're pissed at someone who hurt you because you're responding to me yet not even reading what I write with care. Recently I pointed out the message was not rejected by Jews or Gentiles (hundreds of thousands of the first Xians were Jews, and Gentile proselytes in synagogue). And my point still stands. Take note that I respond to posts so quick I don't have time to Google all the answers. I'm BEGGING you for something new, something you personally come up with, so I have to work for the answer. You're sharing things I heard from Religion faculty twenty years ago (only they cussed less).

Thanks.
13-09-2013, 03:16 PM

(13-09-2013 01:39 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  1) Non sequitur on your comparison. 2) Who told you the Bible says the Earth is only 6,000 years old? It wasn't me.

Then how old is it? The Bible says that the world was created in six days, ending with Adam. Tracing the age of every Adam's descendant when his son was born, we find that the creation supposedly happened cca. 6,000 years ago. If we had no scientific evidence for an old Earth, you'd be here arguing that Genesis is literal. But since it isn't so, apologists come up with rationalizations like "progressive creationism" or "theistic evolution." If theistic evolution were biblical, it wouldn't have taken until 1859 for the theory of evolution to be presented.

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  So now Peter, the first "pope" and the one with the keys, is saying all the fathers have died. He missed someone.

...because he didn't write that epistle, which is what I've been trying to communicate to you. Some great first "pope" - the man who refers to Noah's flood (which we know didn't happen) and calls Lot "righteous" - the man who wanted to hand his daughters over to be raped.

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Oh, that's a relief. You finally settled what the "kingdom" is. Thousands of people were worried. No, the transfiguration comes after each synoptic mention.

Here's help with 6/8 day issue. Saves me some typing:

http://www.apologeticspress.org/ApPubPag...rticle=161

This is my only comment on that:

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  You're an agnostic, then?

I could describe myself as one at this moment. It's a temporary position though.

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Xianity 101 again. You didn't know the rapture, for one example, comes before the return?

No, I didn't. It looks to me like Christian apologists don't know either, as they constantly argue about it. Some say there is a rapture, some that there isn't, and I frankly don't have time or motivation to study contradictory fairytales.

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Xianity 101 again. "The Jews" are "The leaders of the Jews".

Are they?! Consider

Well, let's see then:

"The chief priests of the Jews protested to Pilate, 'Do not write 'The King of the Jews,' but that this man claimed to be king of the Jews.'" (John 19:21)

So, according to you, we could interpret that verse as:

"The chief priests of the leaders of the Jews protested to Pilate, 'Do not write 'The king of the leaders of the Jews,' but that this man claimed to be the king of the leaders of the Jews'." Laughat

Of course, this just proves that you're guessing around. There's no "scholarship" behind what you write, it's mere guesswork and rationalization.

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  No argument from silence here. You are making a self-deflating argument! You tell me pointedly in your last post that John's gospel is radically different than the synoptics because it was written much, much later, and now you are using an invalidated gospel to say the Ascension never happened. You still have three witnesses that it did. You've created your own straw man. If John's gospel was written early like I say, you can hassle me about this. Pick one.

Am I talking to a wall here? I'm using the gospel of John because you consider it valid! I'm using the Bible to prove internal contradictions in the Bible, and that's perfectly valid.

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Huh? I preach open air on college campuses, to name a few, Harvard, Yale, Columbia, NYU, etc. I wouldn't last out there ten seconds if I had old news to share. I draw dozens or hundreds to a crowd (by the grace of god) and interact with atheists and others for hours on end.

You preach open air, of course, since a reputable college wouldn't let you in. Laughat

LOL, you claim that gathering some people in front of a building means that what you're doing is significant? Amateur entertainers like jugglers or fire swallowers also gather people in the same way in the streets, people may stop and take a look out of curiosity, they may be entertained or amused by a performance etc. The fact that you may have been on Ivy League campuses means nothing, you could stand in front of a national parliament and "preach" if you want (unless the police arrest you for disruption of public order). When you become a university professor, then we could talk. Smartass

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Also, if you look around these forums, despite atheist protestations, I constantly cite context. Cherry picking verses is just as bad from Christians as it is from atheists, being what Satan did to tempt Christ himself. You want to talk cherry picking? How about you citing Matthew 16 as the context of Matthew 24"? LOL.

Yes, I want to talk cherry-picking. I've mentioned to you the example of out-of-context prophecies, but since you didn't pay attention, I'll give you an example using your own words. In your following paragraph:

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Huh? I just quoted a few days ago Isaiah 1, "let us reason together, says the Lord..."

You forgot to quote the two verses that follow:

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it." (Isaiah 1:18-20)

What a free-thinking god. To paraphrase him - think, but think the right thoughts, or else, he kills you. Brilliant. Bowing

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  You're sharing things I heard from Religion faculty twenty years ago (only they cussed less).

Boo hoo, I "cuss." I actually don't cuss in real life, only sometimes on the Internet, when writing in English, which is my second language, I use the word "bullshit."
I hope you didn't flinch now that you read it again, you poor, sensitive soul. Weeping
[+] 4 users Like Philosoraptor's post