Why Are PMD Christians So Obsessed With The Antichrist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2013, 01:43 PM
RE: Why Are PMD Christians So Obsessed With The Antichrist?
Quote: Then how old is it? The Bible says that the world was created in six days, ending with Adam. Tracing the age of every Adam's descendant when his son was born, we find that the creation supposedly happened cca. 6,000 years ago. If we had no scientific evidence for an old Earth, you'd be here arguing that Genesis is literal. But since it isn't so, apologists come up with rationalizations like "progressive creationism" or "theistic evolution." If theistic evolution were biblical, it wouldn't have taken until 1859 for the theory of evolution to be presented.

Beg your pardon, are you saying all Christians or even most Christians take the Earth to be 6,000 years old? That’s wholly untrue.

Quote: When you become a university professor, then we could talk.

How is that not an elitist mindset and a logical fallacy in argumentation. Are you a professor also? And if not, do you avoid talking to yourself?

Quote: You forgot to quote the two verses that follow:

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it." (Isaiah 1:18-20)

What a free-thinking god. To paraphrase him - think, but think the right thoughts, or else, he kills you. Brilliant.

If you’re willing to discuss your state with god, good and well. If you don’t want to discuss your state with god like a reasonable, thinking person, you die and go to Hell. Did you miss that in your many discussions on Christianity? (shudder)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2013, 02:07 PM

(16-09-2013 01:43 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Beg your pardon, are you saying all Christians or even most Christians take the Earth to be 6,000 years old? That’s wholly untrue.

I don't care. That would be an argumentum ad populum. So, why is it not allowed to me, yet it is to you?

(16-09-2013 01:43 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  How is that not an elitist mindset and a logical fallacy in argumentation. Are you a professor also? And if not, do you avoid talking to yourself?

Wasn't it an elitist mindset when you bragged about preaching on Harvard, Yale, etc.? You started it.

(16-09-2013 01:43 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  If you’re willing to discuss your state with god, good and well. If you don’t want to discuss your state with god like a reasonable, thinking person, you die and go to Hell. Did you miss that in your many discussions on Christianity? (shudder)

There is no hell in the Old Testament. Isaiah 66:24.
Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Beg your pardon, are you saying all Christians or even most Christians take the Earth to be 6,000 years old? That’s wholly untrue.

Quote:I don't care. That would be an argumentum ad populum. So, why is it not allowed to me, yet it is to you?

I was not making an ad populum. I was pointing out I don't wish to make an apologetic for something neither I believe nor most Christians. Your ad populum was asserting that capital punishment is wrong because of some presentist concerns about what the majority of European countries believe at the government/legislative levels.
Quote:Wasn't it an elitist mindset when you bragged about preaching on Harvard, Yale, etc.? You started it.

Huh? I was responding to a question. But I speak to Ivy League students. Do you? And are you a professor, since I speak to students and faculty, but you, only to faculty?

Quote:There is no hell in the Old Testament. Isaiah 66:24.

There is eternal punishment in the OT, but if there isn't, you are saying Christian doctrine has to be found in both testaments to be a part of Christian orthodoxy?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2013, 02:22 PM

(16-09-2013 02:13 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I was not making an ad populum. I was pointing out I don't wish to make an apologetic for something neither I believe nor most Christians. Your ad populum was asserting that capital punishment is wrong because of some presentist concerns about what the majority of European countries believe at the government/legislative levels.

But I'm not concerned with what most Christians do or do not believe. I was pointing out that the Bible suggests that the Earth is 6,000 years old.

(16-09-2013 02:13 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Huh? I was responding to a question. But I speak to Ivy League students. Do you? And are you a professor, since I speak to students and faculty, but you, only to faculty?

1. No, I do not. Since I'm not American, it would be a bit tricky for me to speak to Ivy League students.
2. No, I'm not a professor. It would be very impressive to be one at 22 years of age.

(16-09-2013 02:13 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  There is eternal punishment in the OT,

Indeed there is. It's called death.

(16-09-2013 02:13 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  but if there isn't, you are saying Christian doctrine has to be found in both testaments to be a part of Christian orthodoxy?

Well, if it appears and evolves over time, it kinda makes one wonder if it's really inspired, or if it merely appeared and evolved over time, don't you think?
Quote this message in a reply