"Why Are You Atheists So In Favor Of Legalizing Gay Marriage?"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2014, 08:34 PM
RE: "Why Are You Atheists So In Favor Of Legalizing Gay Marriage?"
I loved how George Carlin pointed out that Christians are against homosexuals and against abortion: "Well who has less abortions than homosexuals?! Leave these fuckin' people alone for Christ's sake! Here is an entire population of people guaranteed NEVER to have an abortion!"

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Just read this meme on FB...

"Yes, I am a Christian.
I believe the bible.
I do not support homosexuality or homosexual marriage.
Yes, I still love you.
Yes, we are still friends
No, I am not judging you.
No, I am not condemning you to hell
No, I will not let anyone bully you.
But realize that name calling and stereo typing those of us who stand for what we believe in is exactly what you do not want done to you. We have the right to speak what we believe, just like you have the right to speak what you believe."

Sorry, "progressive christians" but you can not have your cake and eat it too. You can not join us in the 21st century and call yourself tolerant when your epistles and gospels clearly say homosexuality is evil.

You have one foot on each side of the fence. Pick a side.

Saying that "we have the right to believe homosexuality is wrong" is, in my opinion, like slave owners back in the day saying "we have the right to interpret our scriptures this way, and our scriptures say slavery is okay. If you don't like having slaves, then don't have any, but don't infringe on my right to have slaves!"

Just sayin...
[+] 1 user Likes crazylikeyou's post
12-01-2014, 09:25 PM
(12-01-2014 06:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 05:48 PM)Alla Wrote:  Homosexual married couples can not keep God's law - multiply and replenish. This law is very, very important.

This law is very, very bad. Thousands of children starve to death because they are born into abject poverty across the world. Thousands of children across the world are born to people who don't want them and don't like them and suffer. The world is going to procreate itself out of existence sometime soon.

Homosexual married couples who adopt children do those kids and the world a huge favor. It's the answer to a lot of what plagues us these days.

Even if you ignore all human factors and just look at from a practical viewpoint, homosexual married couples are good for everyone.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
12-01-2014, 09:29 PM
(12-01-2014 06:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 05:48 PM)Alla Wrote:  Homosexual married couples can not keep God's law - multiply and replenish. This law is very, very important.

This law is very, very bad. Thousands of children starve to death because they are born into abject poverty across the world. Thousands of children across the world are born to people who don't want them and don't like them and suffer. The world is going to procreate itself out of existence sometime soon.
Yes, it is true that many children suffer in this world. But they have to be born because this is their choice to come to this earth and learn good and evil. They need to obtain physical bodies in order to have eternal progression.

(12-01-2014 06:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  Homosexual married couples who adopt children do those kids and the world a huge favor. It's the answer to a lot of what plagues us these days.
I agree.

(12-01-2014 06:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  Even if you ignore all human factors and just look at from a practical viewpoint, homosexual married couples are good for everyone.
I agree.
God in Whom I believe never said that they are bad. They just break one of His laws. But who doesn't sin? We all sin.

12-01-2014, 09:37 PM
(12-01-2014 09:29 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 06:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  This law is very, very bad. Thousands of children starve to death because they are born into abject poverty across the world. Thousands of children across the world are born to people who don't want them and don't like them and suffer. The world is going to procreate itself out of existence sometime soon.
Yes, it is true that many children suffer in this world. But they have to be born because this is their choice to come to this earth and learn good and evil.

[Image: OrlyTaitzOwl.jpg]

Wow, you are just chock full of all sorts of bullshit tonight, aren't you.
Quote: They need to obtain physical bodies in order to have eternal progression.

You need to start prefacing everything you say here with "According to my bullshit superstitious fairytales...."

Quote:God in Whom I believe never said that they are bad. They just break one of His laws. But who doesn't sin? We all sin.

[Image: rolling-eyes-gif-400.gif]

Remember that little talk I just had with you about your need to demonstrate the purported existence of your deity before you start babbling about the supposed qualities you attribute to it? :

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
12-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Well, this atheist supports marriage equality because it's only fair that two people who love each other can marry. To refuse people the ability to marriage - marriage equal to men and women who marry - is just another form of bigotry.

To those who say that marriage is between a man and a woman because only those marriages can produce children, are you saying that older people who get married don't have valid marriages?

Or what about those who can't have children but get married? What about married couples who choose not to have kids? Are there marriages any less valid?
12-01-2014, 09:52 PM
(12-01-2014 09:37 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 09:29 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, it is true that many children suffer in this world. But they have to be born because this is their choice to come to this earth and learn good and evil.

[Image: OrlyTaitzOwl.jpg]

Wow, you are just chock full of all sorts of bullshit tonight, aren't you.
Quote: They need to obtain physical bodies in order to have eternal progression.

You need to start prefacing everything you say here with "According to my bullshit superstitious fairytales...."

Quote:God in Whom I believe never said that they are bad. They just break one of His laws. But who doesn't sin? We all sin.

[Image: rolling-eyes-gif-400.gif]

Remember that little talk I just had with you about your need to demonstrate the purported existence of your deity before you start babbling about the supposed qualities you attribute to it? :
I remind you: it is a matter of faith.
believe it or don't believe it.

12-01-2014, 11:20 PM
(12-01-2014 02:31 PM)truthBtold Wrote:  CHRISTIANS If you're going to ignore the section of Leviticus that bans about tattoos, pork, shellfish, round haircuts, polyester and football(pig skin), how can you possibly turn around and quote Leviticus 18:22 ("You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.") as irrefutable law? No cherry picking.. ALL OR NOTHING. .

[Image: 41391.jpg]

(12-01-2014 09:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  I remind you: it is a matter of faith.
believe it or don't believe it.

And I must remind you, that belief without or in the face of conflicting evidence (what you call 'faith') is the absolute worst kind of mental delusion and self-deception.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-01-2014, 12:38 AM
(12-01-2014 09:29 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 06:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  Even if you ignore all human factors and just look at from a practical viewpoint, homosexual married couples are good for everyone.
I agree.
God in Whom I believe never said that they are bad. They just break one of His laws. But who doesn't sin? We all sin.

Oh COOL!!! So you're not bad if you sin and we ALL sin anyway, so we might as well all be having gay sex because we all sin anyway, so what's the difference. All the gay people will be so glad the hear this revelation you've had from "God", Alla. But I personally don't actually want to have gay sex, specifically. So I'll just do other sins, but it's good to know that gays will be okay because we all sin anyway. That's pretty nice, Alla.

But I do kind of wonder, if "God" never said that homosexuals were bad, what did he mean when he called them an abomination? That seems pretty harsh. And demanded them to be murdered by having rocks thrown and their heads until their skulls cracked and they died of traumatic brain injury? ...that seems extra harsh...huhHuh...this "God's" love thing is extremely confusing Sad

It almost sounds like the actions of what someone who hates someone would do...But I guess Consider a brutal, bloody murder is just another way to show how much you love some one! I know what I'm doing for Valentine's Day this year! Heart Thanks, Alla!

[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
13-01-2014, 05:34 AM
Personally, I have no more respect for gays then anyone else. So far in my life I've known a few openly gay people - some were cool, some were shitbags. I just can't find any reason at all why gays should not be able to get married, if that's they want.