"Why Are You Atheists So In Favor Of Legalizing Gay Marriage?"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2014, 10:42 AM
RE: "Why Are You Atheists So In Favor Of Legalizing Gay Marriage?"
(12-01-2014 09:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  I remind you: it is a matter of faith.
believe it or don't believe it.

You remind me of nothing. It's a matter of believing in fairy tales, and in your case, prattling on about them as if they were real. You can certainly do that in a forum dedicated to believing in fairy tales, but this forum is not.

If you can't or won't define your supposed deity and demonstrate with evidence that it actually exists, don't sit there and tell us what you think it wants or intends or does. We aren't nutters like you who believe in fairy tales.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2014, 11:02 AM
And here I was thinking that 'being in favor of gay marriage' makes one a liberal... Consider

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2014, 01:24 PM
(13-01-2014 12:38 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Oh COOL!!! So you're not bad if you sin and we ALL sin anyway, so we might as well all be having gay sex because we all sin anyway, so what's the difference. All the gay people will be so glad the hear this revelation you've had from "God", Alla. But I personally don't actually want to have gay sex, specifically. So I'll just do other sins, but it's good to know that gays will be okay because we all sin anyway. That's pretty nice, Alla.
People are not bad or good because they sin. People are bad when they do evil/unkind things to others. People are good when they do kind things to others.
What I was saying is this: "Who am I to judge gays for breaking this law of God when I also break God's laws? Nobody is perfect. That is why we all need Christ(Atonement)
(13-01-2014 12:38 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  But I do kind of wonder, if "God" never said that homosexuals were bad, what did he mean when he called them an abomination? That seems pretty harsh. And demanded them to be murdered by having rocks thrown and their heads until their skulls cracked and they died of traumatic brain injury? ...that seems extra harsh...huhHuh...this "God's" love thing is extremely confusing Sad
Abomination is act/sin but not the sinner. Gays can be good people when they are kind to others. Gays can be bad people when they are not kind to others.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
13-01-2014, 01:32 PM
(13-01-2014 01:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 12:38 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  But I do kind of wonder, if "God" never said that homosexuals were bad, what did he mean when he called them an abomination? That seems pretty harsh. And demanded them to be murdered by having rocks thrown and their heads until their skulls cracked and they died of traumatic brain injury? ...that seems extra harsh...huhHuh...this "God's" love thing is extremely confusing Sad
Abomination is act/sin but not the sinner. Gays can be good people when they are kind to others. Gays can be bad people when they are not kind to others.

But still, "God" wants us to throw rocks at the Gay peoples heads until their skulls crush and they die of TBI. He didn't say throw rocks at and kill the abstract consept of sin, he said physically kill gay people, by throwing rocks at their heads until they are dead. But yeah, "God" does not hate them Rolleyes...

13-01-2014, 01:36 PM
(13-01-2014 12:38 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Oh COOL!!! So you're not bad if you sin and we ALL sin anyway, so we might as well all be having gay sex because we all sin anyway, so what's the difference. All the gay people will be so glad the hear this revelation you've had from "God", Alla. But I personally don't actually want to have gay sex, specifically. So I'll just do other sins, but it's good to know that gays will be okay because we all sin anyway. That's pretty nice, Alla.
People are not bad or good because they sin. People are bad when they do evil/unkind things to others. People are good when they do kind things to others.
What I was saying is this: "Who am I to judge gays for breaking this law of God when I also break God's laws? Nobody is perfect. That is why we all need Christ(Atonement)

So like I said, we could all just do what we want because it's all sin, the same as anything else, and we all sin anyway so no distinction necessary. And Christ atoned for us, so we're all set.

13-01-2014, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2014 02:33 PM by Alla.)
(13-01-2014 01:32 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 01:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  Abomination is act/sin but not the sinner. Gays can be good people when they are kind to others. Gays can be bad people when they are not kind to others.

But still, "God" wants us to throw rocks at the Gay peoples heads until their skulls crush and they die of TBI. He didn't say throw rocks at and kill the abstract consept of sin, he said physically kill gay people, by throwing rocks at their heads until they are dead. But yeah, "God" does not hate them Rolleyes...
When and by which Prophet did God say that He wants US to do this?
What do we learn from Moses? From Moses we learn that ANCIENT Israel(12 tribes of house of Israel/Jacob) made a covenant with God. They PROMISED that they will OBEY God's laws. They also KNEW that IF they BREAK COVENANT they MADE they will pay penalty.
What does it have to do with US? Did WE make THAT covenant with God?
Gays at out times did NOT make THAT covenant with God.
That is why they do NOT break anything and do NOT have to pay any penalties.
When there is NO law there is NO sin. When there is no sin there is no punishment.
God may even forgive many gays on Judgment day. There are many people who sin in their ignorance(they do NOT know what they are doing).
Do you remember pleading of Jesus to His God and His Father? "Father forgive them for they do not know what they are doing".
Jesus is our Advocate.

P.S. Only those who make covenant with God of Israel in these latter days are subjects to God's law. Gays who make this covenant and then break it and never REPENT will answer one day before God.
LDS gays sin knowingly. All other gays do not break the law knowingly.
But in these days nobody can throw rocks at LDS gays. Modern Israel learned from ancient Israel that God is Justice. But in these days modern Israel learns that God is also Mercy.

13-01-2014, 02:25 PM
(13-01-2014 01:36 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 01:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  People are not bad or good because they sin. People are bad when they do evil/unkind things to others. People are good when they do kind things to others.

So like I said, we could all just do what we want because it's all sin, the same as anything else, and we all sin anyway so no distinction necessary. And Christ atoned for us, so we're all set.
No, we have to repent when we KNOW that we do wrong. If we do not repent for doing particular sin we can not be forgiven for this sin.
But if we do NOT know that we sin we can not repent. When we sin in ignorance God will forgive us for those sins.

13-01-2014, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2014 02:36 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)

Except that we don't need your fairy-tale character at all. this is typical snake-oil-salesman bullshit: convince the dupe that he needs something he doesn't, and then sell it to him. Fuck you. We can correct any harmful behavior ourselves without any reference to your superstitions and fairy tales.

Quote:
Abomination is act/sin but not the sinner.

You dodged the question. And the people throwing stones at the poor sap's head are most definitely going after the "sinner", not the "sin". Your penchant for revisionism borders on pathological lying.

Quote:Gays can be good people when they are kind to others. Gays can be bad people when they are not kind to others.

But they can't be good people when they are, you know....being GAY.

Fuck you.

(13-01-2014 02:21 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 01:32 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  But still, "God" wants us to throw rocks at the Gay peoples heads until their skulls crush and they die of TBI. He didn't say throw rocks at and kill the abstract consept of sin, he said physically kill gay people, by throwing rocks at their heads until they are dead. But yeah, "God" does not hate them Rolleyes...
When and by which Prophet did God say that He wants US to do this?
What do we learn from Moses? From Moses we learn that ANCIENT Israel(12 tribes of house of Israel/Jacob) made a covenant with God. They PROMISED that they will OBEY God's laws. They also KNEW that IF they BREAK COVENANT they MADE they will pay penalty.
What does it have to do with US? Did WE make THAT covenant with God?
Gays at out times did NOT make THAT covenant with God.
That is why they do NOT break anything and do NOT have to pay any penalties.
When there is NO law there is NO sin. When there is no sin there is no punishment.
God may even forgive many gays on Judgment day. There are many people who sin in their ignorance(they do NOT know what they are doing).
Do you remember pleading of Jesus to His God and His Father? "Father forgive them for they do not know what they are doing".
Jesus is our Advocate.

P.S. Only those who make covenant with God of Israel in these latter days are subjects to God's law. Gays who make this covenant and then break it and never REPENT will answer one day before God.
LDS gays sin knowingly. All other gays do not break the law knowingly.
But in these days nobody can throw rocks at LDS gays. Modern Israel learned from ancient Israel that God is Justice. But in these days modern Israel learns that God is also Mercy.

Guess how I know you are making this shit up.

Quote:God may even forgive many gays on Judgment day.

For being what "he" supposedly MADE them? Fuck you.

(13-01-2014 02:25 PM)Alla Wrote:  No, we have to repent when we KNOW that we do wrong. If we do not repent for doing particular sin we can not be forgiven for this sin.
But if we do NOT know that we sin we can not repent. When we sin in ignorance God will forgive us for those sins.

And you know all this because the One True Gawd has told you alone, out of all the stark raving batshit crazy religious nuts out there? Rolleyes

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
13-01-2014, 02:34 PM
Its probably because the majority of atheists (or at least "out" atheists) seem to be liberally minded...

While I'm sure there are plenty of conservative atheists, they probably aren't as open about it... Especially considering the more conservative parts of America, being extremely Christian and dogmatic.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2014, 02:43 PM
(13-01-2014 02:32 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Except that we don't need your fairy-tale character at all.
Whatever you choose is fine with me.

(13-01-2014 02:32 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  this is typical snake-oil-salesman bullshit: convince the dupe that he needs something he doesn't, and then sell it to him. Fuck you.
That is not kind of you. And you are NOT gentleman for sure.

(13-01-2014 02:32 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  We can correct any harmful behavior ourselves without any reference to your superstitions and fairy tales.
Did I argue with that?

(13-01-2014 02:32 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You dodged the question. And the people throwing stones at the poor sap's head are most definitely going after the "sinner", not the "sin". Your penchant for revisionism borders on pathological lying.
But God never said that they are bad people. They just broke the covenant and CONDITION of the covenant is PENALTY. And most likely they didn't repent. When people repent God forgives them.
If God breaks His word and will not give penalty to those who do not repent He then becomes a sinner.
By the way why in those times God made this kind of punishment? In those times Israel was close society. If they didn't have those very strict laws they wouldn't be able to preserve their religion until times of Christ.

(13-01-2014 02:32 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  But they can't be good people when they are, you know....being GAY.
I disagree with you

(13-01-2014 02:32 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Fuck you.
wow. that hurts.