Why Atheism/Agnosticism for me?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2011, 11:57 PM

RE: Why Atheism/Agnosticism for me?
(21-01-2011 03:34 PM)AnthraxFan93 Wrote:  
(21-01-2011 01:32 PM)the4saken Wrote:  
(21-01-2011 09:32 AM)AnthraxFan93 Wrote:  Awesome story, Love it, I think most of us can relate to it in one form or another. I have to say, it is easier in today's world to be a non-believer than it was 20 years ago. And sites like this and with Dawkins, Hitchens and others publishing books.. Its nice to know we are not alone anymore,( as I thought when I was growing up). Atheism is becoming more mainstream where we don't have to hide in the dark and keep our heads down all the time!

no more dark age and burning witches/wizard/heretics for us!!!

No, Welcome to the New Dark Ages.. Tongue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmK6_lKGz10

arghhhh!!!! lol. Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2011, 01:11 PM

Thanks guys, I'm glad you liked it. The reply from the guy was a bunch of scriptures out of something called the Urantia book, just another new denomination of Christianity.

Thinking more about how I was taught to be religious as a kid and never question it makes me realize how messed up it all was. I was one of those annoying kids that asked a lot of questions, and I took the answers very seriously. The whole idea of praying and talking to god was confusing for me, because I would pray and I didn't hear anyone respond. I asked the Sunday school teacher about god talking to me and was told that the little voice in my head was god talking to me. So, here I am, a little kid who thinks that all of my thoughts are god talking to me. I pretty much lived like that until about 12 when god started turning into a pervert.
25-01-2011, 09:16 PM
(25-01-2011 01:11 PM)Dbutz Wrote:  Thanks guys, I'm glad you liked it. The reply from the guy was a bunch of scriptures out of something called the Urantia book, just another new denomination of Christianity.

I had never heard of this book until I came to this board, so I looked it up on Wikipedia, great fount of knowledge. Wink

I found this:

According to The Urantia Book, multi-colored human races originated suddenly in one generation and in one family, producing brothers and sisters that variously turned blue, yellow, red, green, orange, and indigo when exposed to sunlight. Their offspring subsequently favored the parent color. Later, Adam and Eve produced a violet race. In the book's account, the blue, yellow, and red races were considered "primary", and the green, orange, and indigo "secondary". The green and orange races were driven to extinction, and the rest mixed over time.

Really? Seriously??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urantia

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2011, 01:15 AM
Is there a factory that produces factories that spew out bullshit? KEE-RYST!

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
26-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Quote:Is there a factory that produces factories that spew out bullshit? KEE-RYST!
[Image: 41814_137344429619554_7083_n.jpg]
http://www.bullshitfactory.be/
I think its a french corporation. Damn them.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
26-01-2011, 11:16 AM

lol, I know, where do people come up with this stuff?! Oh yeah, they make it up.

I wonder how many religious concepts were a result of drug use...
27-01-2011, 01:47 AM
All of them, except the ones which were a result of madness, schizophrenia, brain damage, delusions and con artistry. (For the last 2 see the book of mormon and scientology.)

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.