Why Atheists Can't Take the Bible Seriously

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2012, 10:55 PM
RE: Why Atheists Can't Take the Bible Seriously
(20-02-2012 06:51 PM)free2011 Wrote:  Me - "So you really think a book written 2,000 years ago by people who thought the earth was flat is an viable source to live your life by?"

Them - "Uh yup"

Even that doesn't seem strong enough. They'll just go "Well, the Bible says the earth hangs in the void -- just like space! And Genesis says light came before stars -- because stars formed after the big bang!" I'm just saying it's probably counterproductive to point out all the little holes when you can focus on the gaping maw.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2012, 03:06 AM
I actually tried to read it a few times in my youth when I was gullible enough to believe it was important, but the lack of pictures and cryptic text turned me off.
21-02-2012, 04:00 AM
Thread should be renamed to "Why Nobody Should Take The Bible Seriously"
24-09-2013, 08:30 AM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2013 09:39 AM by TheBeardedDude.)
nonetheless corner movement
Corruption is also related to some aspects of kind-hearted make-up as gluttony, laziness, selfishness and jealously. In India, the main due to reasonable for the failure in controlling corruption is that the ruling extraction, consisting of politicians and bureaucrats, irrespective of at-home affiliations and community backgrounds is adulterate itself. It is not easy to move vanguard against the question major of corruption because we ourselves, owing to the teeming system in which we dynamic, may be knowingly or unknowingly adopting corrupt practices. Conceding that not one potency individually be dishonest odbior mieszkania warszawa none force support corruption, besides remonty warszawa intuition of helplessness near corruption because of its inevitability in getting things done. In such cases, corruption may unvaried rzeszow-psychoterapia.pl attain the respectability of a compelling gismo of survival. Thus schody strychowe ordered a peoples mechanism against corruption has the hazard of failure. We are not untrustworthy outspokenly but we are the take a part in of corruption as directly or indirectly we are supporting it. We better recognize sr-source.pl hustle before the rules, we will remain last.

links removed
24-09-2013, 11:06 AM
The words of a god cannot be copied and changed by humans.

The bible has been written by humans and edited and re-edited and re-edited over 30,000 times to fit the wants and needs of humans.

~Fin~

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
24-09-2013, 11:15 AM
(24-09-2013 08:30 AM)adhefebuh Wrote:  Corruption is also related to some aspects of kind-hearted make-up as gluttony, laziness, selfishness and jealously. In India, the main due to reasonable for the failure in controlling corruption is that the ruling extraction, consisting of politicians and bureaucrats, irrespective of at-home affiliations and community backgrounds is adulterate itself. It is not easy to move vanguard against the question major of corruption because we ourselves, owing to the teeming system in which we dynamic, may be knowingly or unknowingly adopting corrupt practices. Conceding that not one potency individually be dishonest odbior mieszkania warszawa none force support corruption, besides remonty warszawa intuition of helplessness near corruption because of its inevitability in getting things done. In such cases, corruption may unvaried rzeszow-psychoterapia.pl attain the respectability of a compelling gismo of survival. Thus schody strychowe ordered a peoples mechanism against corruption has the hazard of failure. We are not untrustworthy outspokenly but we are the take a part in of corruption as directly or indirectly we are supporting it. We better recognize sr-source.pl hustle before the rules, we will remain last.

links removed

That started out OK, but fell apart. What is your native language?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-09-2013, 11:16 AM
(24-09-2013 08:30 AM)adhefebuh Wrote:  Corruption is also related to some aspects of kind-hearted make-up as gluttony, laziness, selfishness and jealously. In India, the main due to reasonable for the failure in controlling corruption is that the ruling extraction, consisting of politicians and bureaucrats, irrespective of at-home affiliations and community backgrounds is adulterate itself. It is not easy to move vanguard against the question major of corruption because we ourselves, owing to the teeming system in which we dynamic, may be knowingly or unknowingly adopting corrupt practices. Conceding that not one potency individually be dishonest odbior mieszkania warszawa none force support corruption, besides remonty warszawa intuition of helplessness near corruption because of its inevitability in getting things done. In such cases, corruption may unvaried rzeszow-psychoterapia.pl attain the respectability of a compelling gismo of survival. Thus schody strychowe ordered a peoples mechanism against corruption has the hazard of failure. We are not untrustworthy outspokenly but we are the take a part in of corruption as directly or indirectly we are supporting it. We better recognize sr-source.pl hustle before the rules, we will remain last.

links removed

This guy is bot.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Re: Why Atheists Can't Take the Bible Seriously
Apparently I liked this thread when it came out... Don't want to read it off my phone right now though.

Can we at least take the bot seriously?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
24-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Basically, this atheist cannot take the bible seriously because it is chock full of things that don't appear to happen in real life. Resurrections, talking donkeys, sticks turning into snakes, etc. When you put that stuff in there, it just reads like any other set of myths.
15-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Nice lecture.
I am not sure how to answer that question, because i am not sure if you wish an answer.
But i found your views insightful and was well briefed.
Thanks for sharing Smile