Why Atheists Can't Take the Bible Seriously

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2013, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2013 07:28 PM by grizzlysnake.)
RE: Why Atheists Can't Take the Bible Seriously
(17-10-2013 07:04 PM)Crimson Flyboy Wrote:  
(17-10-2013 12:39 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Sorry, but:

1) Writers DID take note of the dead being in Jerusalem as the living and appearing to many people -- accounts of these happenings are in ALL four gospel accounts

2) Other than the gospels, were you looking for Twitter feeds? Facebook posts?

3) Other than my little joke giving us a boundary for the paucity of ancient writings, and ancient writings that survived (for all you know, there were fifty such accounts burned at Alexandria) - the Romans were crucifying Jews in the thousands and for not being good polytheists and not adoring the emperor, so any Roman writing to praise Jesus the Jew for being a resurrecting God would be the only Bible writer we can think of who wrote knowing in advance he would be persecuted.

It's just a silly argument overall and I'm tired of hearing it on this forum.

1. The gospel writers were not writing history.
2. I'm looking for historians of that time period. None mention Jesus.
There is also some debate that it was based on egyptian mythology. More like a jewish interpretation of egyptian mythology. They try to make it their own like what christians do in their history with pagan holidays. You are all worshiping pagan deities on christmas!

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Why Atheists Can't Take the Bible Seriously
(17-10-2013 07:17 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(17-10-2013 07:04 PM)Crimson Flyboy Wrote:  1. The gospel writers were not writing history.
2. I'm looking for historians of that time period. None mention Jesus.
There is also some debate that it was based on egyptian mythology. More like a jewish interpretation of egyptian mythology. They try to make it their own like what christians do in their history with pagan holidays. You are all worshiping pagan deities on christmas!

Good point. None of the details of The life of Jesus were original. The whole dying on the cross and being resurrected three days later had been done numerous times before. And there are those that argue the 12 apostles represented the 12 signs of the zodiac. So Christianity might be paganism and astrology combined!

"Laissez nous faire!"

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for mine."
17-10-2013, 08:07 PM
RE: Why Atheists Can't Take the Bible Seriously
(17-10-2013 07:56 PM)Crimson Flyboy Wrote:  
(17-10-2013 07:17 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  There is also some debate that it was based on egyptian mythology. More like a jewish interpretation of egyptian mythology. They try to make it their own like what christians do in their history with pagan holidays. You are all worshiping pagan deities on christmas!

Good point. None of the details of The life of Jesus were original. The whole dying on the cross and being resurrected three days later had been done numerous times before. And there are those that argue the 12 apostles represented the 12 signs of the zodiac. So Christianity might be paganism and astrology combined!
I like this interpretation better for the cross. He goes on abit before the crosss but damn its great stuff.

It actually sounds more compelling then your standard suffering jesus which sounds pitiable. This guy is mythologist and a philosopher, really incredible stuff.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell