Why Being a Nerd is Awesome

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2013, 09:17 AM
RE: Why Being a Nerd is Awesome
(01-08-2013 09:09 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  You never won, either. Drinking Beverage

You're just a nerd of put-downs. Tongue

Never said I did. I simply exposed the absurd plot hole in the entire story along with the unbearable writing style of Trolkien. Drinking Beverage

I can be quite the nerd of put-downs. Tongue

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2013, 09:25 AM
(01-08-2013 09:17 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 09:09 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  You never won, either. Drinking Beverage

You're just a nerd of put-downs. Tongue

Never said I did. I simply exposed the absurd plot hole in the entire story along with the unbearable writing style of Trolkien. Drinking Beverage

I can be quite the nerd of put-downs. Tongue

You commit the fallacy of personal tastelessness. Argumentum ad nauseum. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-08-2013, 10:45 AM
(01-08-2013 09:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  You commit the fallacy of personal tastelessness. Argumentum ad nauseum. Big Grin

I never said I didn't like Lord of the Rings. I am just willing to admit that it has painfully obvious flaws. Drinking Beverage

01-08-2013, 10:50 AM
(01-08-2013 09:17 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Never said I did. I simply exposed the absurd plot hole in the entire story along with the unbearable writing style of Trolkien. Drinking Beverage

Only a plot hole if one disregards the influence of the ring, the power of Sauron, and the existence of the Nazgul.

But sure, other than that...

... this is my signature!
01-08-2013, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 11:35 AM by Hobbitgirl.)
Re: Why Being a Nerd is Awesome
Oh you wait to till I'm off work and can respond properly Tongue
01-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Sorry to re-rail this thread...but,

I really see a lot of "nerd-pride" out there these days. And Wil got it right...it's all about the how. A lot of people get the mistaken impression that I am an Eco-activist, when the truth is I'm just a nature nerd. Kinda the same with weed. It's no secret I smoke it and love it, but I'm really not your typical pothead. (I say "pothead" with pride BTW). I'm more of a potnerd. Cuz it's how I love my weed!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
01-08-2013, 12:18 PM
(01-08-2013 10:50 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Only a plot hole if one disregards the influence of the ring, the power of Sauron, and the existence of the Nazgul.

But sure, other than that...

Considering that the Nazgul fear fire, as established in the book, one would simply take torches with them. By the time Sauron rose in power, the eagles could have destroyed the ring. Lastly, the ring did not start to have a lasting influence on Frodo until the closing act of the second book.

(01-08-2013 11:30 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Oh you wait to till I'm off work and can respond properly Tongue

Bring it, Hobbit Queen.

01-08-2013, 12:34 PM
(01-08-2013 06:59 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 06:57 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Actually, I prefer sci-fi and Arthur C. Clarke and Ray Bradbury, but I understand how you could perceive those books as "mass-produced crap". I mean, they don't spend years describing the texture of an inconsequential tree while a major plot development is going on. Drinking Beverage

You already lost. Go back to hiding your head in shame. Tongue

Clark's style is like a whole world away from Tolkien's... Clark does near to 0 character development, Tolkien invented entire languages and mythologies for his characters. Clark wants to play engineer and Tolkien wants to play God. Both are awesome but it's apples v. oranges.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ridethespiral's post