Why Call Him God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Why Call Him God?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
11-01-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Why Call Him God?
Cool, I love that you post them here... Big Grin

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-01-2013, 02:11 PM
(11-01-2013 02:09 PM)Dom Wrote:  Cool, I love that you post them here... Big Grin

Plan is to have this section as a place that has one thread for each of Seth's videos.

Could take a while to get them all in though.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
11-01-2013, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 02:56 PM by Logisch.)
Technically, epicurus didn't use those exact words. David Hume utilized the original and added to it. I much prefer the original:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is impotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Whence then is evil?

The "Why call him god?" was added by Hume.
They're almost one and the same, but I have a thing where it drives me nuts when people quote the original person having changed the original structure a bit and attribute it to them when it was someone else. I find Hume's revision or addition to be provocative since I think the original can tackle it without the addition. But it may be useful to some.

Regardless, a great video.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post