Why Can't Homosexuals get married again?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2014, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2014 12:21 PM by Metazoa Zeke.)
Question Why Can't Homosexuals get married again?
You know what I always wondered why homosexuals are said they can't get married? But it is not just that its the arguments used against it. They always say think about the children. Then I was like, but wait can't people who aren't married raise children the same way married people do. Hell many unmarried homosexuals raise children quite well. So if the argument is because of the children, what about the children. People can raise children married or unmarried. Also you are already letting them date, the difference now is that they where rings and have papers that tell people they are doing it. And the marriage the religious people try to promote is pegan anyway, so by that, they aren't married either.

Also another argument I hear is the homosexuality is unnatural, but humans aren't even the most homosexual animal. You know what the most homosexual animal is? It is the bat. If you ever seen the video "If being gay was normal, and straight was weird"(I think that is what it is called) it would be based on a true story if we were bats. And the world population argument, we have 7 billion and rising population, I don't think we need to worry about having babies.

Last is the children not being able to experience having both a loving mom and dad. I would say I am never able to experience a loving mom and mom or dad and dad. Plus how could you care about an experience you never had in the first place, especially when you already have a loving mom and mom or dad and dad.

For my homosexual brothers and sisters.Big Grin

http://www.sciencedaily.com/articles/h/h...uality.htm

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2014, 12:26 PM
RE: Why Can't Homosexuals get married again.
People just project their feelings and incorporate it into religious practice for others. The majority of people are straight and made the rules - hence being gay became evil.

I personally find sex with other men as revolting - and that's the point, if in the bronze age a few people were going to make up a religion they would make rules against gays because they find it revolting.
However why do do many straight men find lesbians erotic ? Even in my religious days I found lesbians as something tempting to watch.

I used to be a religious fundamentalist and incorporated by distaste for male gays into religious normality - of course male gays are evil ! Scripture just reflects what I already know.
Its only when leaving the religion and getting to know some gays (not in the biblical "knowing" ) that I realized the whole thing is anti-gay religious stuff is nonsense.
Gays explained to me their life story and attraction to other men in a similar way I don't "choose" to be attracted to women and its pretty straightforward from then on...

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
15-03-2014, 12:35 PM
RE: Why Can't Homosexuals get married again?
(15-03-2014 12:26 PM)Baruch Wrote:  People just project their feelings and incorporate it into religious practice for others. The majority of people are straight and made the rules - hence being gay became evil.

I personally find sex with other men as revolting - and that's the point, if in the bronze age a few people were going to make up a religion they would make rules against gays because they find it revolting.
However why do do many straight men find lesbians erotic ? Even in my religious days I found lesbians as something tempting to watch.

I used to be a religious fundamentalist and incorporated by distaste for male gays into religious normality - of course male gays are evil ! Scripture just reflects what I already know.
Its only when leaving the religion and getting to know some gays (not in the biblical "knowing" ) that I realized the whole thing is anti-gay religious stuff is nonsense.
Gays explained to me their life story and attraction to other men in a similar way I don't "choose" to be attracted to women and its pretty straightforward from then on...

Honestly I can't have sex with another man either. However I still feel they should be able to get married. Religious arguments are the worst.

15-03-2014, 01:10 PM
(15-03-2014 12:26 PM)Baruch Wrote:  People just project their feelings and incorporate it into religious practice for others. The majority of people are straight and made the rules - hence being gay became evil.

Actually there is good evidence to think the injunctions in Leviticus were not based on what they found "revolting". Post 19.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rah?page=2
There is a LOT of evidence that modern humans do so for that very reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YL3LT1ZvOM
http://www.cornell.edu/video/david-pizar...l-judgment

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
15-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Because the majority of the sheeple are told that its wrong, therefore they believe it is wrong.

Being gay myself, i cannot have sex with a woman, I tried and it would not work.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Blackhand293's post
15-03-2014, 02:45 PM
My cousin and her wife of two years just recently legally changed their last names into a hyphenated form. We have pics of my Catholic aunt and uncle at their wedding. Not all people, not even all theists, are that closed-minded. What changed my aunt's mind? When she saw how happy they are together. There's hope.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
15-03-2014, 02:48 PM
But they can. At least where I live. So far since 2012 when we legalised Gay Marriage Maryland has not fallen into the ocean or been wiped out by fire. In fact we are doing relatively well.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-03-2014, 02:52 PM
(15-03-2014 02:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My cousin and her wife of two years just recently legally changed their last names into a hyphenated form. We have pics of my Catholic aunt and uncle at their wedding. Not all people, not even all theists, are that closed-minded. What changed my aunt's mind? When she saw how happy they are together. There's hope.

Every theist that approves of gay marriage is a smart person. Not all theist are slaves to there religionThumbsup

15-03-2014, 02:57 PM
And the country I live in has had it for years, no earthquakes, mudslides, volcanic activity or rain of brimstone. Tongue

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Blackhand293's post
15-03-2014, 03:00 PM
(15-03-2014 02:57 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  And the country I live in has had it for years, no earthquakes, mudslides, volcanic activity or rain of brimstone. Tongue

Looks like gay repels natural disasters. What country do you live in again?

[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post