Why Can't Homosexuals get married again?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Rainbow RE: Why Can't Homosexuals get married again?
South-Africa, its even in our de facto slogan "The Rainbow Nation" Tongue

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2014, 03:11 PM
RE: Why Can't Homosexuals get married again?
(15-03-2014 02:48 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  But they can. At least where I live. So far since 2012 when we legalised Gay Marriage Maryland has not fallen into the ocean or been wiped out by fire. In fact we are doing relatively well.

Yeah, but we legalised it in Ontario almost 11 years ago, and clearly decent society has completely collapsed since then. What with the roving bands of cannibalistic baby rapists fuelling their cooking fires with piles of holy scripture.

You know; the usual atheist pastimes.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
15-03-2014, 03:12 PM
(15-03-2014 03:06 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  South-Africa, its even in our de facto slogan "The Rainbow Nation" Tongue

And you guys have jumping great whites. I am going to south africa.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
15-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Avoid Limpopo Province though, its the most superstitious region here, and the one where half the damns are in danger of collapsing. Really pretty till the 4 meter wave of water sweeps your car off the road.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Blackhand293's post
15-03-2014, 03:22 PM
(15-03-2014 03:21 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  Avoid Limpopo Province though, its the most superstitious region here, and the one where half the damns are in danger of collapsing. Really pretty till the 4 meter wave of water sweeps your car off the road.

That will be the first place I visit when I become a Japanese citizen.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
15-03-2014, 03:29 PM
I'm not homosexual but I detest it when others are judgemental of them. Whenever someone, usually a fundamentalist, has something to say about them, I'll sucker them in with "Is God perfect?" And of course they will agree. Then I love to drop the bomb "God made man in his own image and since he's perfect, the making of homosexuals was intentional" I love it when they don't have a comeback. One husband and wife team was going on and on about gays marrying. My blood was starting to boil so I asked them how this would affect their lives. No answer.
15-03-2014, 03:45 PM
(15-03-2014 01:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 12:26 PM)Baruch Wrote:  People just project their feelings and incorporate it into religious practice for others. The majority of people are straight and made the rules - hence being gay became evil.

I personally find sex with other men as revolting - and that's the point, if in the bronze age a few people were going to make up a religion they would make rules against gays because they find it revolting.
However why do do many straight men find lesbians erotic ? Even in my religious days I found lesbians as something tempting to watch.

I used to be a religious fundamentalist and incorporated by distaste for male gays into religious normality - of course male gays are evil ! Scripture just reflects what I already know.
Its only when leaving the religion and getting to know some gays (not in the biblical "knowing" ) that I realized the whole thing is anti-gay religious stuff is nonsense.
Gays explained to me their life story and attraction to other men in a similar way I don't "choose" to be attracted to women and its pretty straightforward from then on...

Actually there is good evidence to think the injunctions in Leviticus were not based on what they found "revolting". Post 19.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rah?page=2
There is a LOT of evidence that modern humans do so for that very reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YL3LT1ZvOM
http://www.cornell.edu/video/david-pizar...l-judgment

'good evidence' ??? Its an interesting theory/hypothesis.
Unfortunately I cannot ask the author of Leviticus what HE was thinking.

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
15-03-2014, 03:48 PM
Gays control the weather and natural disasters. If you give them more rights and power they won't stop until complete world domination... I thought it was commons sense by now

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 6 users Like nach_in's post
15-03-2014, 03:55 PM
Knowing people I'd say a big reason is that they want to hold onto whatever irrational hate instead of trying to understand the other side, whether they hate it because it disgusts them or because they were taught that it was wrong.I've heard the child argument and I'd say that's a fairly weak argument. For one, just because gay marriage is legal doesn't mean people aren't going to get pregnant (planed or not) so there's not going to be a decrease in population. For two, sexual orientation is not a basis to judge on how one raises children. I feel this can be proven with how many "normal" couples in the world that shouldn't even own a a dog but they got like four kids! Ah well, that's good ol' America. Hopefully more states will come to reason. Probably none too soon :/

Oh and if there's anything that I've learned from Tokyo Godfathers is that God loves Drag Queens with children and blesses them!

[Image: notagain.gif]
15-03-2014, 04:13 PM
(15-03-2014 03:45 PM)Baruch Wrote:  
(15-03-2014 01:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Actually there is good evidence to think the injunctions in Leviticus were not based on what they found "revolting". Post 19.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rah?page=2
There is a LOT of evidence that modern humans do so for that very reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YL3LT1ZvOM
http://www.cornell.edu/video/david-pizar...l-judgment

'good evidence' ??? Its an interesting theory/hypothesis.
Unfortunately I cannot ask the author of Leviticus what HE was thinking.

There was no "one author", and the literary themes of ancient literature can be inferred. There is not a shred of evidence they imported the legalisms secondary to personal taste. There IS literary evidence of their general concerns.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche